• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Survey: Did you create your account for ROM Hacking?

Vegetunks937

The Superior Fusion
Years
Yes i created an account for the hack section. I was redirected here by Aryan143 and the forum that attracted me was Emulation so I joined the forum.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Heck yeah!

I was a guest but I couldn't post or download attachments so I got on. Soon a bunch of people got me into the spirit of posting and tutoring them on scripting.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
Sigh.. I'm not sure if I got on for my hacking experience or pixel art.. Maybe both...

That was a while ago...

80C

"This is a text filler!"
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I joined Pokemon Community for many reasons, the first is because I'm a hacker too and the second was find a place where I could find help and eventually give help to other users.
I'm both GenI and GenIII hacker, actually I'm best in old school hacking anyway.

Years
I created my account just so i can download some stuff here and explore other stuff too :) since there are some benefits and advantages if you have an account rather then being an observer :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
i joined because i suck at rom hacking... everything just doesn't want to agree with me.

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2018
me too, i just joined to get help to hack my new game, youtube tutorials only get you so far lol

Years
Yeah

{XD}I treid my best to make a hack the tilesets,titlescreen,overword rezisnig:( and the scripting part of apply movement if you can help me out that would be awsome{XD}

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2015
I created an account in 2007 or 2008 for ROM hacking when I was making Pokemon Rainbow version (I know, sounds so cliche).

I was a teenager then, so of course I decided to make a new account. I'm getting back into Advance rom hacking, because Advance was my favourite generation and still is.

KannibalKween

Queen of the Dark
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
Yes and no, I found it because of the rom hacking but I stayed because of the wonderful community and the help I can get from here. ^^

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Initially, no. (just knew today that this account was made 4 years ago)

But a few hours ago, i decided to register so I could post future updates on my plans. I never recalled creating an account here, and i while was trying to register, there was an error message that "the name is taken"...

So pre-Q3 2013, no, had no idea i had an account. Q3 2013 onwards, yes XD

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2016
Yes, I did create my account for this purpose. This site seems to be one of the best resource for Pokémon R/S/E hacking out there. Which is actually somewhat unfortunate, because it seems like there is a huge gap here between people with hex/ASM knowledge and people who rely on tools/scripting.

I've been reading through this forum, doing a lot of Bing searches, and things feel pretty locked down. Moderator approval is required to create threads, everything is trashed after a month, people get mad if you ask a question that's ever been asked before, etc. So it all seems very intimidating. But I'm hoping I can still manage to get the information and assistance I need, somehow.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2017
I've played a bunch of hacks since creating my account here, but not one thusfar has stood up to what I expected from a great hack. If you're wondering what that expectation is, I mentioned it in the ROM Hack Discussion Thread. So as of yesterday, I've begun using this account for ROM hacking. Normally I post on sites to be part of the community, however that's not my purpose with PC. I'm just here to be productive and then be on my way.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
I did.
I was gonna make a post of my romhack, but I need to have at least 15 total posts in order to post a link, so people can download it :o

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Yes, I did.
After playing Pokemon Brown, I went on a search for more ROM hacks.
Search more ROM hacks --> Pokecommunity --> Shiny Gold --> register --> interest in ROM hacks amplified --> search for more ROM hacks.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
Years
I joined so I could download a certain tool that I couldn't find anywhere else. I forget which one it was exactly. I think it was one of the Advanced tools, but I can't remember which one. Anyway, I joined, got the tool, and didn't log on for a couple of months. Then I decided that, since I had an account, I might as well use it.

Years
I personaly joined because this was one of the only Pokemon comunitys i had even heard of, and i had an account maybe 4 years back, and i paticipated in some trading and such, and for a while i was really into ROM hacking, so i decided to join again to see how the community was doing. ~blu

Back