• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Survey: Did you create your account for ROM Hacking?

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2015
I created my account just so i can download some stuff here and explore other stuff too :) since there are some benefits and advantages if you have an account rather then being an observer :)
I created my account for the same reason, and especially for the research and developement section because i'm french and french community isn't good to understand game mechaniques.

Marohak

Asker of Dumb Questions
Years
I registered AGES ago to download ShinyGold. Played that for while and got too busy to play Pokemon.
Made a new account, for a fresh start. Really want to make my own Pokemon game, but I'm trubbish at hacking, especially hex editing, so rejoined here to take advantage of the tools and the brains on the forums.

Hopefully I'll have my hack up and running soon.

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
I want to make a hack. I really want to so if anyone can help me out plz do

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
Back when I was aspiring to be a big time ROM Hacker yeah. I never could learn how to script or sprite so I quickly gave up. I'll modify a ROM once in a while, but nothing big mostly map editing and replacing tiles, just for myself though since I'm nowhere near good as most ROM hacker here.

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2016
I originally created my account to download Pokemon Fulligin, Dark Rising, and/or Light Platinum. I forget which one, actually. I also created my account to keep tabs on Pokemon Litharreon as it progresses.

That said, I am working on my first ROM hack now. In fact, I found this thread while browsing, trying to see if I could get a couple questions answered. And thoroughly reading all the rules for the various hacking sub-forums to make sure I don't dive in and waste a thread creation. I'm really liking the mapping aspect and designing a plot. I'm hopeless at scripting though.

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
Well..Not really But sort of..My cousin Hooked me up on Pokemon Ashgray and I was checking the forums and So I made my own account Which eventually inspired me To make my own hack

fatmanjumprope

黒雷 神 エネル
Years
Created for Rom Hacking! I'm slowly getting involved in SOME of the other communities on the forums but primarily I stick around with you fools to play some good ole hacks :D

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I made this account for Emulation and ROM Hacking turns out I was stolen by the Roleplay Threads.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2022
I found ROM hacking after joining for the WiFi Trading. Back when, I was big into collecting events, but since have picked up an EZ-Flash IV I have been loving the ROM hacking forums. I think the first ROM I got from here was ShinyGold about 4 years ago

Years
I created this account to post stuff about an old hack I was working on long ago. That one died pretty quickly though. Now I'm working on a new one. So yes, ROM Hacks are why I joined. :)

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
Yep. I'll admit, I was one of the thousands of guests who browsed PC's emulation section for years. I created this account last year for the purpose of rom hacking, and that I was forced to have an account in order to download certain patches.

Took quite awhile for me to post on this forum afterwards. I stuck around for the purpose of speculation of newer Pokemon games. I used to be a huge forum user back in 06/07 on PE2k, however I'm not sure if I'll ever be back in the whole forum scene again due to being pretty busy. I'll take my time to grow on here.

Last edited:

Gigabyyyte

Exploring the world of Kalos!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013
Wow, it's my first post. :>

Yup, kinda. I wanted to try out some epic hacks and modify some of my games. :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Yeah it a nut shell I created my account for ROM hacking.

I really needed people to help me with my ROM, and there is no better place for that then here.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 13, 2016
Yeap, created it a couple days ago for ROM hacking, as I want to make a game of my own. However, right now, I'm pretty noobish, and know almost nothing, but I hope to change this over time.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Yeah, I guess I did start my account because of ROM Hacking :3~
Well, I needed to download some hacks, that's the sole reason for me joining.
But I've moved to other parts of the forum, so I'm not as active in Emulation anymore.
:'(;

Heather

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2021
I didn't make my account for ROM hacking. ROM hacking was something pokecommunity introduced me to. I have found some of the coolest ROMs on here from very talented developers.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 9, 2014
Yes. I downloaded most of the major hacks and some from the sideshow and just lurked the forum watching the comments and getting excited about the games.

Back