• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
thanks Wichu, it works now.
now i have 2 questions.

1. how do you edit the skins in battle? like the thing that says fight,run,bag,pokemon
and the attacks. cause its the same as the frame skin your using =/

2. how do you edit the color of the ttext that says "what will XXX do next" its white. i want it to be black.
i saw it somewhere before, so ill search it. but im hoping someone answering it would be quicker.
thanks in advance :P

1) i think that is also the same thing that you had problems editing (the background for that is basically just edited i think or you edit the template of that.)

2) once again look in the same thing that you looked in last time pokebattle_script thingy. and find "What Will $pokemon Do Next" or w.e and just add attributes to that snippet.

(once again i am not sure about these answers)

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
How do i make an outside light so that the shadow will only appear at night? It looks kinda weird with a shadow coming from an unknown light source during the day...

fudgy

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
How do i make an outside light so that the shadow will only appear at night? It looks kinda weird with a shadow coming from an unknown light source during the day...

use the tiles of a lightpost, and then set the event on the lightpost like so.

set the event name as "OutdoorLight" or "Light" the difference is that the "OutdoorLight" will change according to time.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Atomic_Reactor, for the first question, search for
Code:
@spriteskin=Bitmap.new($TextFrames[$PokemonSystem.frame])
in the PokeBattle_ActualScene script. Change the "$TextFrames[$PokemonSystem.frame]" to the filename of the skin you want to use (e.g. Graphics/Windowskins/BattleSkin.png), which should in the same format as a standard skin.

As for the second question, still in PokeBattle_ActualScene, search for
Code:
MESSAGEBASECOLOR=Color.new(248,248,248)
Then edit the numbers in that, and the lines beneath, to the hex codes for the desired colour (between 0 and 255 in the order red, green, blue - in this case, 248,248,248 means white).

Atomic Reactor

But i did the other thing and i get this error. :(
Error-1.png

Shikamaru88

Back dont know if I will stay.
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2010
thanks Wichu, it works now.
now i have 2 questions.

1. how do you edit the skins in battle? like the thing that says fight,run,bag,pokemon
and the attacks. cause its the same as the frame skin your using =/

2. how do you edit the color of the ttext that says "what will XXX do next" its white. i want it to be black.
i saw it somewhere before, so ill search it. but im hoping someone answering it would be quicker.
thanks in advance :P

you should also make sure that you editing the right graphic lcause some look the same ren your game look at the graphic then make they look exactly alike

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Did you put quotes around it? As in "Graphics/Windowskins/Skin.png". If you don't put quotes, RMXP doesn't recognise it as a string. It thinks you're referring to a non-existent constant called Windowskins (there's already a class called Graphics).

Nero9121

Fire Maker
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
Does anyone have a server that works for them and is easy to set up? I am about done for my game and I want to make it into a mmorpg...I need server so badly...the one in the starter kit doesnt work for me...post link to good server if u know one please

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Okay, I need help on a few things...

How do you make a wild pokemon encounter(like the ones you would do for legendaries and so on) that you can't run away from? I looked into the notes and tried just about everything but I'm still able to run away from the battle, which I don't want.

Secondly, having to do with the same similair problem though, I noticed that if the script command exceeds over the first row of text and goes on to the second row, it registers it as and enter rather than a word wrap(and than when you finally get to the event, the game has an error heartattack and dies). Which doesn't matter for pokemon with very short names, such as Mew, but it's a big problem if it something like... Houndour, which is the pokemon I was trying to use for this.

Overall I absolutely love this thing, and I have some VERY INTERESTING ideas with it now(as if I don't have enough projects I should be doing). There's just a couple things I wish to fix/figure out, this being one of them DX

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
It is possible to create Pokemon battles where the player cannot escape, but a bug prevents this. To fix this, find
the method "def pbPrepareBattle" in the script section PokemonField, and delete the following line, which is found in
that method:

Code:
    battle.cantescape=false
Now it should work properly.

The problem with script lines is a problem with RPG Maker XP. To work around the problem, use the "expandtext" utility
that comes with Pokemon Essentials; namely, open "expandtext" while the Script dialog box is showing.

fudgy

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
how do you make wild pokemon battles in grass.
how do you add menu icons to the menu/make the menu transparent like whichus game.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Recently, editing Trainer battles using comments failed to work because of a bug in saving the converted maps. If this is the case, you will see many files named "mapXXX" with no file extensions. To fix it, find the following lines in the script section Compiler (near the bottom):

Code:
  filename=sprintf("Data/map%03d",id)
  map=pbLoadRxData(filename)

Change those lines to the following:

Code:
  filename=sprintf("Data/map%03d",id)
  if $RPGVX
   filename+=".rvdata"
  else
   filename+=".rxdata"
  end
  map=load_data(filename)

To edit wild Pokemon battles, open the Pokemon Essentials Editor ("editor.exe") and select "Set Encounters."

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Kind of off topic here...
But, I was wondering if there is a certain program used to make pokemon music for games?
I have a program i am using, but was wondering if there was anything better.

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Thanks, I got it to work now~ <3 (espeically love the extended text thing, that really helps a lot)

Second question though (which I'm sure this gets asked a lot) will this ever get updated to look more like D/P? Such as just upgraded battle sprites/graphics and newer movests at least. I tried changing some of the pokemon sprites already but they come out looking too big or too small.. Unless I want to have them pixelated weirdly. Changing movests I could maybe do on my own, but it'll just take a very long time.. Not to mention will have to try adding the newer attacks D:

Years
Hey,

i have three questions.
The first, how can i put 2 or 3 worldmaps into the game?
The second, how can i edit the bag picute for each male? (The male had anotherbag than the female)
The last, i forgot.. ^^

Thanks, Xiderwong

TKS

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 17, 2008
Kind of off topic here...
But, I was wondering if there is a certain program used to make pokemon music for games?
I have a program i am using, but was wondering if there was anything better.
I would just suggest that you get any kind of MIDI sequencer. There is no such program to make music specifically for Pokemon games. GBA games themselves have used certain trackers, but it's easier to just simulate the sounds with MIDIs. If you're looking for 8bit though, then MIDI won't do. That gets a lot more complicated...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Thanks, I got it to work now~ <3 (espeically love the extended text thing, that really helps a lot)

Second question though (which I'm sure this gets asked a lot) will this ever get updated to look more like D/P? Such as just upgraded battle sprites/graphics and newer movests at least. I tried changing some of the pokemon sprites already but they come out looking too big or too small.. Unless I want to have them pixelated weirdly. Changing movests I could maybe do on my own, but it'll just take a very long time.. Not to mention will have to try adding the newer attacks D:

graphics: no, you have to do that your self, thats not actually very hard, its actually really easy.

moves: you can do these yourself as well.

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2010
Hello, im new in this forum.

My question is, how to put two different pokedex in starter kit for RMXP?
I want to put a regional pokedex, the starter kit comes with the national pokedex, but... i want to put another pokedex for the region of my game.

please, i really need help.

PD: sorry for my bad english.

TKS

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 17, 2008
I have one question, I couldn't find it in the notes. I want to delete my LandNight encounter list because I made it by accident. And yes, I tried the delete key, lol.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Sorry, the ability to delete encounter types from the editor hasn't been implemented yet. It will be added shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back