• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Cronus1gd

Mangekyou Sharingan!
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2014
I'm Brazilian and you =). But let's get down to business should have a solana burneary not?>. <Oiu then instead of a Turtwig Piplup. But other than that congratulations on hack.

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
tjwilliams24
Wesley, the updates are beautiful. I mean Merydian City and Kosaka City are nice but Vulcan Mountain is just gorgeous. The steam coming from the lava is great. Keep these updates coming Wesley!

Oh and just letting you know, you made a spelling error. Vulcan Mountain, not Vulcan Montain. Anyways, Good Luck!

Debtor my friend, for aconpanhar this game and always to postar when he can, I will be bringing up to date whenever I will be able. (sorry for my bad english)

アルセウス
It's Awesome, Wes, really, I can cry because I can't play it :'(

Thanks friend, I am working fastest possible it game to be ready and complete.

yozdutzu
wes you are the best i love the graphycs
keep up the good work

Debtor for following the game.

SonicBlazePlatinum
Makes me wonder what the types are for Koaaka and Merydian. I like the new Vulcan Mountain tiles! Reminds me of Mt. Stark in Platinum.

Debtor, I tried I make some thing similar to Pkm Pt therefore I was optimum volcano style that I found

zhero15
Awesome. MAN!
I've been waiting for your updates for ages, I thought you were gone(just joking).

I'm always astonished by your updates. Keep it up.
Awsome job.

Obliged friend, I never will go to abandon this hack, I can have certainty that I will go finishes-there, and debtor for support

Binary
The updates are beautiful, as always.
The tiles are lovely <3
what more can I possibly say..

Wow, thanks very much my friend, for all.

crazedslaye
Wow,Your tiles is one of the best around all the other hackers,Wesley,Good luck on beta 3,Cant wait to play it!

WOW, WOW, Wow, thanks very much my friend, for all.²

Steeldude
It looks great! Well, all the updates are really cool :)
I'm looking forward to playing the complete game :)
Good luck, Wesley ;)

I wait that soon we will have the complete version of the game I am strengtheing itself very for this

IsThatAnUmbreonIsee?

just realy wanted to tell you how much i appreciated this game it was great

WOW, WOW, Wow, thanks very much my friend, for all.³

Ash493
Quote:
Originally Posted by LicataAG
hey guys i need some help i downloaded the new beta but it doesnt work, when i start the game there only is a white screen and nothing happens, can anyone help me?

My my again? -.-'
Download Ruby ROM v1.0.
As for the updates... there's nothing to add :D
Tiles are gorgeous, update is awesome, Wes is awesome what can I add? xD
Maybe you could change Vulcan Mountain to Volcano Mountain but it's just grammar edit you don't have to do it =)

Obliged friend, always I try to make optimum that I can, and I am very happy who you like.

Calling
Another beautiful hack. Keep it up!

Thanks for the post, friend

Sarcastic Prince
Well, the updates are simpily awesome.
Since they're lava in Vulcan Mountain, I
wonder will Vulcan Mountain erupt, like
Platinum's Mt. Stark?

An event with TEAM STEAM will occur (always they) making a plan and will finish placing the volcano in erupt and the hero (you) will have that to save galera that this for close. Thanks friend.

Peeky Chew
Very nice graphics, for a hack. I can see why this seems to be the most popular.

Hello, Friend, thanks for the visit and the post.

Poke_M0
Is this working for psp gba emulator?

Yes, working in GBA emulator (vga), and DS emulator (psp)

Cronus1gd
I'm Brazilian and you =). But let's get down to business should have a solana burneary not?>. <Oiu then instead of a Turtwig Piplup. But other than that congratulations on hack.

Hello brother, Solana has a BUNEARY, why case it had one of the three initials of Sinnoh would have a disequilibrium depends on which initiates you to start. e the three initials of Sinnoh will be available more for front in the game.

==========================================
UPDATES

I am working in many scripts and much thing in hack, spriters of trainers, and now I go to give one brought up to date showing the 7 first ones you lead of ZHERY gymnasium, and some are without its POKéMON' s therefore is surprise for the game, is working the optimum maximum and that I can for hack.

pokmongymleadersofzhery.png

Bye, friends

tjwilliams24

Gone.
Years
The update was nice. I'm happy to know that your scripting actively and I really like the graphic. Carlos, the ground leader, I think he'll have Rypherior, Golem, Donphan, and Dugtrio. For Wally, the electric leader, I'm going to guess that he has a Electabuzz/Electevire, Raichu, Ampharos, and Luxray. And finally, for Aline, ice leader, I believe she'll have Glaceon, Lapras, Piloswine/Mamoswine, and Walrein. Anyways, those are my guesses. Good luck with the hack!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
The updates are cool, but I may have to change Wally and Lucas' names to
Walli and Lucus, because I'm changing Diamond's name to Lucas, and as Steven appeared in your hack, the Electric Type leader, Wally must have his name changed in case the players gets mixed up with the Wally in the Hoenn Region.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
The updates are cool, but I may have to change Wally and Lucas' names to
Walli and Lucus, because I'm changing Diamond's name to Lucas, and as Steven appeared in your hack, the Electric Type leader, Wally must have his name changed in case the players gets mixed up with the Wally in the Hoenn Region.
Walli and Lucus? Sry but those are awful names :/
What about Wayne and Luke?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Walli and Lucus? Sry but those are awful names :/
What about Wayne and Luke?

It doesn't matter. As long as they pronouce the same, it's fine.
Plus, those names are unique. And the reason to that is because
they're more like custom names.

Remember when Gym Leaders used to have names based on whatever their primary Pokemon type was? Whatever happened to that?

The leaders' names don't have to have their names based on their
primary typed Pokemon. That's Nintendo style. But! This is a hack
made by Wesley. He has his own unique style.

Years
The leaders' names don't have to have their names based on their
primary typed Pokemon. That's Nintendo style. But! This is a hack
made by Wesley. He has his own unique style.

Well, it's only kinda Nintendo's style, but they do stray from it occasionally. Look at Sabrina in Kanto- to my knowledge, that doesn't have a connection to the Psychic type. Although, sometimes it's so blatant it's stupid- Bugsy, Gardenia, etc.
But I think it'd be better if you tried to make their names refer to their types, Wesley. Just my opinion, but it looks better, and it's one of those few things that it's okay to keep while still being original.

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
Years

Well, it's only kinda Nintendo's style, but they do stray from it occasionally. Look at Sabrina in Kanto- to my knowledge, that doesn't have a connection to the Psychic type. Although, sometimes it's so blatant it's stupid- Bugsy, Gardenia, etc.
But I think it'd be better if you tried to make their names refer to their types, Wesley. Just my opinion, but it looks better, and it's one of those few things that it's okay to keep while still being original.

That's true, the only possible but very weak connection I found between Sabrina and psychic types is you get the name "Abra" if you mix the letters around a bit, or that it's possibly a reference to Sabrina the Teenage Witch. But a lot of Leaders and Elite 4 have type-themed names (Brock, Lt. Surge, Falkner, Pryce, Will, Roxanne, Brawly, Wattson, Glacia, Drake, Volkner, Flint, etc.) so I think this naming scheme should be given some consideration, at least for a few of the Leaders.

But they really sound crappy :/

To all fans: Could you tell us your opinions? Do you like SP's names or you'd prefer my or you have your own ideas?

I agree, they do sound crappy and not imaginative at all. Changing one letter of an existing name does not a new name make.

What about Wyre (as in electrical wiring) for Wally instead? And what about Marsh (as in a watery swamp-like area) for Lucas?

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
Years
I don't like the Leaders' names... At all.

First, they don't seem to relate to the types in any way. Sure, not that it's a neccessity. But it's always more creative to give Leaders names that are related to their types but not blatantly. The current names bother me. That "é" in "Jéssica" bothers me. I'm not a fan of "Kool Letterz". The Leader called Esmeralda in Esmerald City? Really? Wally sharing his name with an important canon character bothers me the most. And Lucas and Thomas are too plain to be Gym Leaders names.

I'm a good namer, they say. I love giving names. And if I were Wesley, I'd call those leaders that:

Bug girl - Ariadna (similar to Arachnid)
Grass girl - Florence (nice name, related to flowers)
Water guy - Deuterius (from Deuter, one of Hydrogen isotopes, which creates the so-called "heavy water")
Ghost guy - Auric (from "aura", you know, spiritual stuff)
Ground guy - Silas (from Silicon, one of the main element of Earth's chemical structure)
Electric guy - Newton (force unit, you know, not strictly electrical but physical and energy-related)
Ice girl - Aisey (cute name, similar to "icy") or Gladys (from glacier)

But that's just me. Do your hack your way, it's very cool anyway. But I just think that these Gym Leaders deserve to have better names.

What do you think about these names, people?

Back