• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
I'm going a week to Holland to see my family, so i cant be here for the get together :'(

I will do a monotype for driving amusement the 9-11 hours of driving :I

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I'm pretty sure drink driving is worse. It's easy to grind Pokemon and drive. :P One time I had to go with Mum to work so I started a new game on Ruby or Sapphire and got four badges by the time she was done. I think by the end I had a Swampert and a Torkoal, since that was my phase of using a totally awesome Grass-Fire-Water core team. It was only a Swampert, Torkoal and Tropius, but I loved it anyway. <3

So there has been some distressing news with me though. I've had to delete everything off my computer because of a dumb virus which affected my name, so I pretty much deleted my entire profile on the computer, which means I've lost everything, including my challenges run on Emulators, namely my Nuzlocke and Body. I've still got my Solo challenge on a cartridge, so I'm gonna try and get that done as well soon. :D I'm also gonna wait for a new computer before I do any more challenges on an emulator.

Which I probably should mention, I've been itching to start Soulsilver again for a challenge, any ideas on which one I should partake in? :)

Years
I'm pretty sure drink driving is worse. It's easy to grind Pokemon and drive. :P One time I had to go with Mum to work so I started a new game on Ruby or Sapphire and got four badges by the time she was done. I think by the end I had a Swampert and a Torkoal, since that was my phase of using a totally awesome Grass-Fire-Water core team. It was only a Swampert, Torkoal and Tropius, but I loved it anyway. <3

So there has been some distressing news with me though. I've had to delete everything off my computer because of a dumb virus which affected my name, so I pretty much deleted my entire profile on the computer, which means I've lost everything, including my challenges run on Emulators, namely my Nuzlocke and Body. I've still got my Solo challenge on a cartridge, so I'm gonna try and get that done as well soon. :D I'm also gonna wait for a new computer before I do any more challenges on an emulator.

Which I probably should mention, I've been itching to start Soulsilver again for a challenge, any ideas on which one I should partake in? :)

Omg that sucks same thing just happened to me and to my Nuzelocke and Chess Challenge, but at least I wasn't too far.

Maybe you should do the Rainbow one D:

켄니씨

>Insert C.U.T Here<
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011
Well sorry for your loss,anyways I recommend ... Username Challenge,maybe

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Didn't we have a username challenge? Also, do I have to change my team along with my avatar? lol

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Here's a nice challenge I thought of while in the midst of thinking to myself, reminding me of the rules of a Nuzlocke. How about a challenge where you can only catch one Pokemon per encounter method? So like, grass, caves, surfing, fishing, shaking spots, swirling dust etc. You can only use one Pokemon through each method. I think that'd be pretty fun. :D

I would be clear on the rules though, like your starter would count as a gift Pokemon, whereas egg would also count as a gift, if it's the Togepi egg or Happiny or whatever. :3

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
You silly Jespoke

you can't drive and play pokes at the same time

you're endangering lives

Maybe i worded it wrong: I meant that i was going to play pokemon on the back seat for 9 hours :P
(Look at my age ^^ Im 15 :I)

Writing from my aunts computer, with means very far between my computer acces', and no spelling corrector :P

Years
Here's a nice challenge I thought of while in the midst of thinking to myself, reminding me of the rules of a Nuzlocke. How about a challenge where you can only catch one Pokemon per encounter method? So like, grass, caves, surfing, fishing, shaking spots, swirling dust etc. You can only use one Pokemon through each method. I think that'd be pretty fun. :D

I would be clear on the rules though, like your starter would count as a gift Pokemon, whereas egg would also count as a gift, if it's the Togepi egg or Happiny or whatever. :3

The encounter rate thing is kinda new, but I remember a guy starting a thread where he wanted the challenge to be all the Pokemon on your team must be from an event or a gift, and he was pretty much shot down by everyone because everyone who'd compete would almost have the same team :o

I really wanna have a challenge where the people playing are against each other and it's a race to be in first place and if you accomplish certain things you get to trade and steal party members from your competitiors and such

but I just can't think it through

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
That would actually be quite difficult to pull off, since not everyone uses the actual cartridges to do challenges, and not everyone has wifi either. I mean I do, but you have to think about everyone else, not just yourself. :)

Actually, now that I think about it, I remember a challenge back maybe in 2009 or something for Emerald I think, where people would play one cartridge and pass it around to every person to do certain parts. In this example though one person would start a game, and you would have so many people and they would go through every section. So maybe one person could go from the beginning to get the badge in Rustboro City, and they would hand over the file so they can play the game until they get the Dewford badge. You could make it a Nuzlocke or anything like that. :3

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Wait there's a get-together :x

I wanna know...

Long time to see btw, I hope you guys missed me, because I'm eating your babies :x

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
The encounter rate thing is kinda new, but I remember a guy starting a thread where he wanted the challenge to be all the Pokemon on your team must be from an event or a gift, and he was pretty much shot down by everyone because everyone who'd compete would almost have the same team :o

I really wanna have a challenge where the people playing are against each other and it's a race to be in first place and if you accomplish certain things you get to trade and steal party members from your competitiors and such

but I just can't think it through
I tried to make something like that. Here's how it worked.

Actually, it was almost exactly the same as the Challenge Royale that we're doing. But there were no teams, it was sort of like competitive battling i think (I've never done that). You just sort of say "hey you, lets race" and then you race and then everyone is happy but the loser because he lost and isn't happy.
That would actually be quite difficult to pull off, since not everyone uses the actual cartridges to do challenges, and not everyone has wifi either. I mean I do, but you have to think about everyone else, not just yourself. :)

Actually, now that I think about it, I remember a challenge back maybe in 2009 or something for Emerald I think, where people would play one cartridge and pass it around to every person to do certain parts. In this example though one person would start a game, and you would have so many people and they would go through every section. So maybe one person could go from the beginning to get the badge in Rustboro City, and they would hand over the file so they can play the game until they get the Dewford badge. You could make it a Nuzlocke or anything like that. :3
Yeah, that was really cool. I've thought about doing a team challenge like that, to where you have like 4 people on each team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back