• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let the journey begin

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
Hello!

Imagine if Pokémon were real, and tomorrow your finally ready to get your first Pokémon! Keep in mind your area lacks a 'Pokémon professor', so you don't have access to one of your regions starter Pokémon lol, so you have to catch one for your self.

a) Based on the area that you live in, what do you think a realistic choice for your first Poke would be?

b) Forget where you live, If you had your choice for a Pokémon to start with (or maybe more realistically to be your one and only Pokémon, considering the cost required to take care of it (Snorlax might be less popular for obvious reasons lol)) What would it be?

c) Like b), but with a whole party of 6.

d) If they were real (and the ethics behind this were irrelevant) do you think you would like a chance to do the whole Poke-league challenge like everyone does it the poke-universe?

Sorry I'm bored lol Try to have fun with this, and go into as much detail as you want.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
a) Based on the area that you live in, what do you think a realistic choice for your first Poke would be?

I will be a Youngster Joey-esque kind. Only Rattatas, Sentrets, Bidoofs and all thos kinds will be available to me, unless I travel.

b) Forget where you live, If you had your choice for a Pokémon to start with (or maybe more realistically to be your one and only Pokémon, considering the cost required to take care of it (Snorlax might be less popular for obvious reasons lol)) What would it be?

I will be starting with Axew.\m/ Haxorus would be pretty beastly.

Haxorus
Crobat
Miltank
Krookodile
Infernape
Heracross

d) If they were real (and the ethics behind this were irrelevant) do you think you would like a chance to do the whole Poke-league challenge like everyone does it the poke-universe?

I would! It would be cool to get gym badges and be crowned as the official Pokemon League Master.

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
A. ) Based on the area that you live in, what do you think a realistic choice for your first Poke would be?
Hmm, since I live somewhere near the forest, I might catch a Pikachu or most probably bug types as a starter .. :'33

B. ) Forget where you live, If you had your choice for a Pokémon to start with (or maybe more realistically to be your one and only Pokémon, considering the cost required to take care of it might be less popular for obvious reasons. What would it be?
I'd probably start out with a Snivy. <3;

C.) Like B, but with a whole party of 6.

Serperior
Togekiss
Milotic
Glameow
Glaceon
Emolga

D.) If they were real (and the ethics behind this were irrelevant) do you think you would like a chance to do the whole Poke-leaguehttp://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=266356# like everyone does it the poke-universe?
It'd be fun, so why not! :'D

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
Years
I would say Something like Starly or Pidove, Theres loads of Birds Around my house.

b) Forget where you live, If you had your choice for a Pokémon to start
with (or maybe more realistically to be your one and only Pokémon, considering the cost required to take care of it (Snorlax might be less popular for obvious reasons lol)) What would it be?
Teddiursa, Soooo cute yet so powerful when it evolves

Purugly, Ursaring, Delcatty, Leafeon, Persian, Liepard, Yeah, I love cats

Yeah, It would be cool xD

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
There's a fox hole outside on the side of my property, so I could have an Eevee lol.

Axew would be cool

Haxorus, Umbreon, Aggron, Typhlosion, Pidgeot, Golem

d)Not sure

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 11, 2020
Alot of Pidgey... So maybe one of them. Or Murkrow and Ratatta.

Disregarding where I live, i'd go with a Sneasel, or a Trapinch.

A whole party? Oh golly, i'm overwhelmed -w-

Bulbasaur
Flygon
Sneasel
Crobat
Blaziken
Gyarados

That's tough. I'd probably wait until I was super great before even thinking of it.

King Walrus

Finnish Trainer
Years
A): Some crass, water or ice type. Maybe Deerling, Buizel, Psyduck or Snorunt.

B): Spheal. It is so cute and smart and strong and cute. I probably would give it a Everstone until I become pro trainer because its evolved forms are big, angry and dangerous.

C): Walrein, Sawsbuck, Golduck, Skarmory, Granbull and Whimsicott.

D): I would try but I think that I would fail.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Mostly stuff like Rattata, Sentret, but we do have stray Meowth and the guys next door have a horse farm so maybe Ponyta from them?

Meowth/Persian. Kitties rule.

Persian, Jolteon, Walrein, Metagross, Weezing, Flygon

Only behind the wheel of something like an old Buick Raodmaster. No way am I traveling the countryside by foot.

luigimario84

Owner of worlds
Years
Well it would either be a Starly, a Pidove, a Pachirisu or a Vulpix.

A Riolu as it evolves into my favourite pokemon!

Lucario
Garchomp
Gallade
Heracross
Poliwrath
Typhlosion

Of course I would!

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2011

Well,I stay nearby a lake surrounded by tall tall tall trees.So maybe...Azurill,Nidoran(Male) or a Turtwig would do.

Chimecho !

Torterra
Azumarill
Chimecho
Dragonite
Nidorino
Camerupt

Sounds fun,but I rather like to be a Pokedex holder.

Sensui

Ascend
Years

A Deerling at the local park would be a nice start.

Archen/Archeops

1. Oshawott
2. Espeon
3. Archeops
4. Litwick
5. Salamence
6. Scizor

Sign me up. :D Would love a shot, and I wouldn't even evolve Oshawott or Litwick to win unless they just happened to grow by themselves.

Last edited:

Water Master Roxy

Wish I was Misty
Years
Maybe Pidgey or Spearow.

B. ) Forget where you live, If you had your choice for a Pokémon to start with (or maybe more realistically to be your one and only Pokémon, considering the cost required to take care of it might be less popular for obvious reasons. What would it be?
Corsola

Corsola
Politoed
Poliwrath
Kingler
Gorebyss
Lumineon
I really love water types.

Yes I would. It would be a fun and exciting challenge.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years

I live near abandon buildings so probably a Yamask or a Shuppet

Probably a Ghost type Pokemon because they dont eat too much and I can tell them to steal food whenever they get hungry. So any Ghost type Pokemon except for Golurk and Golett

Banette
Spiritomb
Giratina (a dwarf one)
Chandellure
Cofagrigus
Spiritomb

Yeah sure, I would

:t354:TG

Years
a) I live in the middle of nowhere lol. There's a park nearby though so probably a grass or bug type Pokemon would be the one I capture first.

b) Definitely have to troll people with Hydreigon. It can fly and swim too which is a huge bonus. I could probably visit treacherous regions with reletive ease, which seems really cool.

c)

Hydreigon
Magnezone
Dragonite
Haxorus
Bronzong
Weavile

d) Hell yeah!

Back