• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Fire Red or Leaf Green?

FR or LG

• Total voters

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
FireRed...because...Fire. Haha. Against other games though, both FR and LG can rot. :P Unless compared against DP. I'd take FRLG over them any day. The version exclusives are meh anyway. None of them are my favorites, though I don't dislike any of them. So it's pretty even in that regard.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
FireRed, cause Charizard is one of my Favorite Pokemon, and it's also my favorite ROM to hack... :)

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I'd pick Fire Red, its the first Pokemon game I ever played. For FR or LG don't matter which one, Meowth is on both games

Years
Aside from Scizor and Golduck, all the version exclusives that I prefer are on LeafGreen, so if I had the opportunity to go back and choose, I would have picked LeafGreen (not that I didn't enjoy FireRed, I just wish I had thought about it ahead of time).

Mentalii

Back
Years
LeafGreen. Actually... It's more a colour reason than an "exclusive Pokémon" reason x) I was happy to play with the remake of the unreleased Green version (well, I mean, in America and Europe), plus I prefer the protagonist Leaf than Fire. Fire is just a remake of the awesome Red, and, you can't remake such a person. While Leaf is a whole new character, and represent the unreleased female character from the 1st gen, so that's awesome.

blue

gucci
Years
Leaf Green, although the majority will most likely choose Fire Red, it was the first out of the two I got and I preferred it tbh.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Both are personal favorites of mine so it's impossible to really choose tbh, made great teams on both versions out of what was given to me so it's a tough one to decide when picking one version over the other as far as personal experiences go on my end. Version exclusive wise though I prefer Fire Red because of Growlithe being a major help before along with access to Skarmory later on as well.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I ended up with Leaf Green cause my brother had gotten Fire Red. Ended up playing the boy first go round and as was tradition....named him the color of my game XD So my rival was Red (Gary).

Played the girl on the second play through and named her red just for the hell of it XD

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
I would pick FireRed cause Fire and Red are awesome LOL.
But, when I went to buy FireRed, there was only LeafGreen so I bought LG instead. But, yeah, FR FTW!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Considering FireRed is the only one I've owned, I'm going with that.

But I would have liked to have gotten LeafGreen just because I am such a huge Ninetales fan.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I have owned both before but I'd have to go with FireRed cause I like the version exclusives more, though LeafGreen has Sandslash one of my favorite ground types. Though FireRed has more version exclusives I like.

Back