• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your voice is hurting my ears!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Do you like your voice?
How different is your voice from when you're speaking compared to singing?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I'm happy with my voice. It is masculine enough even though some people think it's too masculine.
When singing, my voice is totally different. It turns into a normal one(not too masculine and not too feminine)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
The way my voice sounds actually varies. In the morning, it's really raspy- think Abby from NCIS, only worse. T: The rest of the day, it's still a bit raspy, but certainly not that much. I don't like my voice and honestly used to talk in a slightly different way to cover up the grate-y sound it has.

However, when I'm singing, my voice sounds quite feminine (my normal voice seems pretty neutral to me) and is very gentle. Doesn't even sound raspy. I don't understand that, but nobody hears me sing, anyway.

On video, though...I don't watch the video digest on my camera (I didn't even know it does that until I found some of the videos) unless the volume is turned off. If that's what my voice really sounds like, it's no wonder why people don't like me. T:

Last edited:
Years
I don't mind my voice when I hear it. Seems average then. It's when it's recorded and played back to me that I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. It sounds really childish and stupid. But I think a lot of people are like that, in that they don't like hearing their voice off a recording?

Not too sure how different it is when I sing. I don't sing too much anymore.

For the record, this is why I never do the accent challenge: I'd want to listen to what I say again to make sure I don't swear, but I can't stand listening to myself, so no. :(

Honest

Hi!
Years
I like my voice, because it defines who I am, and I'm proud for that. Enough said.

Well, my singing voice sucks, might as well admit that

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I've always felt weird about my voice because I've never heard it clearly from an outsider's perspective. I only know what it sounds like to me. It's really troubling because I like how it sounds to me but it could be horrific to others.

Sirfetch’d

I hate my voice. IDK if it is just because I hear myself talk all of the time, but I am just very displeased with the way I sound.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I don't mind a voice at all, albeit a little deep. And, my voice isn't that different when I sing, if I sing. Not much of a singer, more of an impressionist.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I've honestly never given all that much thought to my voice. On my list of insecurities, it doesn't even rate a mention lol.

I guess it's fine. It sounds like a normal voice.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I used to be really insecure with my voice, but now that I usually have regular telephone conversations with a few people, it really doesn't concern me all that much.

I love singing and you would die happy if I sang and you had the luck of hearing my beautiful voice.~

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
i'm okay with my voice..but i feel weird when i hear it recorded!!

i love singing..and my voice is totally different in singing than talking.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I don't mind my voice. It's a little lower than I'd like sometimes but the alternative is using my phone/customers voice and that would get annoying real fast. Luckily, I'm not in any position to hear my voice a whole lot so I rarely get reminders of how it actually sounds.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I don't like my voice much , it's one of my biggest insecurities. It's very nasally and somewhat higher pitched and I really don't like it much. In the morning or when I'm tired it sounds a bit high and rapsy but as I rest or later in the day it sound a bit deeper and clearer.

My singing voice isn't much better.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I dislike my voice because I sound rather young. I mean, sometimes, I sound like I am 5 years old. I don't want to put anyone through that misery. I get nervous when talking on the phone or on microphone for skype/ps3, if that ever happens. I don't sing much, either.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Unless i'm not feeling well, i'll be honest, I actually like my voice.
I'm a vocalist though, so I guess I have to. X)

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
I'm okay about my voice. I think my singing voice is average. A lot of people online think I sound like some annoying 12 year old when I'm in game though, so I avoid talking online. My boyfriend thinks my voice is really cute though and loves my singing voice :s

Back