• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No$GBA Vs. Desmume

No$gba Vs. Desmume

• No$GBA

Votes: 284 45.2%
  • Desmume

Votes: 345 54.8%

• Total voters

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Lately, it would seem to me that Desmume is significantly faster and more stable, and even has more features, so yeah!

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
I dont really use DS style emulators, but if I can figure out how to get Pokemon ROM hacks to play properly, I'd be using NO$GBA since it can throttle Fire Red to the speed Ive wanted.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Isn't No$GBA exetremly outdated. and a discontinued project now ?

I do use it. But I consider using Desmume mostly now.

qw13

Please do not read this text.
Years
I think no matter what DesMuMe. Maybe it is slow but if you press Tab button, it will fasten. Also, i tried playing White on NoGba, it didn't work. Again, tried HeartGold, it didn't work. Even Platinum don't work on NoGba. But it is super on Gba games and two times better than VBA. But on NDS, i would select DesMuMe.

ShinkoNet

Guinea Pigs Chester and Curry!
Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2011
NO$GBA For Me!

I choose NOGBA.
Pros: Fast, Good stability, Compatible
Cons: Bad graphic quality, Cannot maximize (Yes, I know about NO$ZOOMER), Less functions (in general), and the debug edition is up to $200!!!!!

I dont choose DeSmuME because it's slow, and that is the only reason!
ShinkoNet

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2014
no$ no$ no$.
the only problem it has is known as lack of care (A.K.A nobody is updating it)
but i think most of the skilled hackers in pc should take over making a hacked and always updated version to insure that hacking is alive.
i see that most of the people around me are skilled hackers but they don't bother because they want the best quality as in b&w but emulating them either requires a 100 cheat codes or it will be slow like hell.

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2011
I personally use both but this is what i think about them
Desmume
PRO : its got the wifi feature that lets you connect to wfc using a virtual wi-fi
no need of extra program to make the screen bigger unlike no$gba that needs no$zoomer or programs in the same neighboorhood
can also use GBA slot for Pokemon 4th gen in order to migrate emerald pokemon to Pal Park
Cons: uses high RAM so might not be good for people with bad CPU or in other words laggy. uses the .dsv save file which is their own save file that not much program support to edit it even though you could make it as a .sav file
No$gba
Pro : faster uses less RAM than desmume GBA link feature save files are on .sav
cons : small screen needs another program to make it bigger Action Replay line not as many as desmume
I use desmume most of the time :D

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
No$ for me, it seems to me that Desmume isn't completely developed yet, and No$ is very reliable. It's also very simple which makes it easier to work with.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2011
I have both emulators i used to prefer No$Gba because of the speed factor, but in pokémon games the 3D isn't supported correctly. HG & SS crashes every hour, and you can't play ANY NEW pokémon roms whitout Action Replay Codes to pass Nintendo security!!!! In the beginning Desmume did not work in my PC but since the 0.96 version it allowed me to play ALL DS games!!!! So for desmume win (maybe it's slower than No$Gba but it do not crash and i don't need to beg someone for giving me the AR codes to play Black & White. (Yeah using No$Gba Zoomer allow you to have a larger screen but the framerate is also slow in other games like Castlevania (Alls DS Castlevania) it is simply unplayable!!!!!!

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I use No$GBA as it is fast and simple to use
i sometimes use Desmume :P

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
When I used to use emulators I almost always used No$GBA. But a while back I started playing DeSmuME, and it looks more smoother in my opinion. But I used No$GBA more, so...

Back