• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Jade Version (RMXP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
Years
Pokémon Jade Version
~Made With Pokemon Essentials

beckyh.png
ricky.png

Melody and Connor, the Protagonists

Welcome to the temperate, verdant Mihdo Region, the setting of the game Pokémon Jade. Here you will receive your first Pokémon, and take part in a fantastic adventure to further Pokémon research. However, Team Rocket, as well as a new organized syndicate, has sinister plans of their own, often getting the way of your research. On the way you'll meet friends and rivals, and countless new Pokémon!

Story

Your journey begins in the small town of Rosette at the tip of a peninsula in Mihdo. You have been helping out intermittently for Professor Daisy, but today, she asks of you a serious task. News of Team Rocket wreaking havoc in other areas of Mihdo has her worried about the welfare of her laboratory, and she sends you off on some errands so she can secure it.

In the next city over, Valerian, you'll accomplish that and something else. You'll run into a Team Rocket grunt, and will have to face off in front of the Valerian's citizens, including visiting interviewers Gabby and Ty. With the battle won, you'll have news of your novice potential all over the region.

Then you are asked by Daisy to do some field work, since one of the errands was fetching her first shipment of Pokédexes ever. She sends you off, reminding you that badges are mandatory for you to progress to harder-to-reach areas that have rarer Pokémon. And that is how you manage to kick off your journey in Mihdo.

Starters

Here are the starters for the Mihdo Region:

540.png
543l.png
546c.png

Bunettle, Elephire, and Dulswan

Features

mihdoofficialmap.png

This is the In-Game, Pre-E4 Map. Once you beat the E4, you'll be able to travel to new sub-regions and extra areas of Mihdo will be avalible to you!

New Regions (Mihdo, as well as other sub-regions that are unlocked throughout the game)

107 New Pokémon

The New Rivals!

New Gym Leaders and E4 (Gym Leaders are more inaccessible; often they
will be out of their Gym when you visit their town or city)

A New Legend, Arkaos, the opposite of Arceus

Cameos, Including Main Characters

Screenshots

capture013.png
capture012.png

capture008h.png
capture004.png

capture009.png
capture010.png

capture011.png
capture006g.png

Team

Incognito322 [Me]: Mapping, Spriting, Eventing, Coordinating
Kirbychu: Fakemon Spriting
Clasko: Trainer OW spriting

Team Members Needed:

Music Composer

Post here or private message me to apply :)

Credits

Poccil-Pokémon Essentials Starter Kit
Any one of you for your support! :)
Crazyninjaguy: Custom Scripts

Banners!

Show your support for Pokémon Jade with these banners!
simplebannermale.png
simplebannerfemale.png

Male and Female Hero Style. The blue and purple coloring of the outfits is actually red during gameplay.
simplebannerstarters.png

This banner is the basic hero/heroine/starters banner

And below are banners based on towns/cities in the game:

simplebannerrosette.png

simplebannervalerian.png

simplebannerverbena.png

Last edited:

kingjay99

you cant get better then me
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2010
First Post:P

well anyway it looks cool so far, but you are going to edit the tile set, right? Cause if you keep it like that it makes it look kinda crappy... (3d graphic in a 2d game) then again that's only my opinion... (like MY opinion matters:))

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
The tiles are amazing. They look great. You should definitely keep them. The tiles are your strength, but the Pokémon sprites, need some improvement, as they are obvious splices. Other than that this game seems to be coming along nicely.

Years
Pokestorm is right, your tiles are immense, if i'm right they're rips from HG/SS?
Depending on what scripts you need i could script for you if you want.

Clasko

PWO Spriter
Years
Wow, that looks amazing, I wouldn't mind having a go at the Spriting part of things :) I am a Spriter for PWO.

Omega Sableye

<- Pwnage
Years
This looks pretty cooll so far ^_^

i myslef have never liked the 3d tiles, but that is just my opinion :)

I love the Fire starter, although the Grass starter looks like Spinda (im guessing it's used as a sprite base?) and the water one looks like Piplup a bit, but i really like them :D

overall, great work :3

even though you didnt say you need it, i could design some of your fakemon for you :)

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Ooh!!!

Your map! I love it! Its based on the Chubu region of Japan, yes? Of course yes, so is my regional map. XD

I love the new pokemart and pokemon center tiles. They're so three dimensional and so realistic, and so do the other tiles.

Although I have to say, the Arkaos, even though I get the name, is WAY too similar to Arceus to be its elemental opposite. Try looking at the etymology of the name, Arch and Deus, and then find good opposites and fuse 'em together. Trial and error.

I wish only the best for this game, mostly because you used Chubu as your regional base. :D

incognito322

Years
So many replies! :) I decided to leave no stone unturned, so without further ado...

@ kingjay 99: Are you referring to the pink-roofed house? If so, don't worry, I'll add some sort of value to the roof so it looks right. Most of these tiles arent COMPLETELY done, but their position and size in the tileset will be the same. Do you think I should add outlines?

@ Pokéstorm: Yes, I am still working on their final sprites. I am not the best spriter (which is why I appreciate your criticism). But you will still begin with a bunny, an elephant, and a swan. c:

@ Crazyninjaguy: Most of my tiles are rips, some edits, and many custom, in which I use the HGSS tiles ase guides, but not necessarily ripping parts. I was thinking, in terms of scripting, along the lines of a few minor interface changes, menu, bag screen, and such. Would that be much of a challenge? I would love your help!

@ Clasko: Really? That would be great! What's your specialty?

@ Kecleoshrew: Well, the grass starter has nothing from Spinda, and th water starter does look like Piplup, but I scratched it all except for the feet XD. I was desperate to get an idea of what my creatures would (kind of) look like.

@ Starrmyt: Thank you! I will consider the name change (seriously). Just need another word for darkness :) *goes to look at online thesaurus*. You used southern Chibi, non? Thanks for your support. I checked out your game dev thread and it looks awesome. Best of luck to you as well!

incognito322

Years
....*goes to check it out*
wow, you're right! You shortened the peninsula, didn't you? You're right, I never would have guessed what transformation you applied... XD I liked the regions shape, so I stuck to the northern section. At first, the routes along the top of the peninsula were to long, and so distorted it. Anyway, I like how you transformed your chubu. I was going to name my region Ezzoh, one of the old names of the island of Hokkaido, but when I found a way to change the Japanese word for green (midori), I had to use it XD I love the color green, if that doesn't really show.

Clasko

PWO Spriter
Years
incognito322, my speciality is overworld sprites and battle fronts of trainers. In PWO at the moment we're designing a custom character clothing, templates and other things on a character, it's some good stuff, I also found a script you might benefit from :)

incognito322

Years
@ Clasko: Really? And you're permitted to share? Thanks a lot; I would love to use it. Would you mind making the various overworlds of the protagonist trainers for me? I appreciate your help :) *adds you to credits list*

And, I would also like to welcome Kirbychu to the team as a Pokemon Spriter :)! He and I will be making the various Fakemon you will encounter in Mihdo. *adds him to credits list as well*

Clasko

PWO Spriter
Years
@ Clasko: Really? And you're permitted to share? Thanks a lot; I would love to use it. Would you mind making the various overworlds of the protagonist trainers for me? I appreciate your help :) *adds you to credits list*

And, I would also like to welcome Kirbychu to the team as a Pokemon Spriter :)! He and I will be making the various Fakemon you will encounter in Mihdo. *adds him to credits list as well*

Would you like some custom overworld trainers? Like you know they change the little kid with the hat's overworld and battle sprite. I'll have a go at making the common ones.

incognito322

Years
You mean like Pokemon Battle Revolution? (the only real game with customized trainers). Sure! As long as they're unique enough to stand apart in the game.

Clasko

PWO Spriter
Years
You know like the kid with the hat, he's changed from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum to a different style in Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Colour of his clothing and hat is different.

incognito322

Years
@ Clasko: I get it. So are you sticking with my trainer designs or going off the deep end? Either way, I appreciate the help. I can't wait to see what you've done once you've made some progress.

@ Spikey-Eared Pichu: Thanks :). I appreciate the compliment. Does it look like a game you would want to play?

Birdybot

-insert witty phrase here-
Years
Loving the tiles. I think they all look cool, especially the Pokémon Center and Pokémart. Where'd you get them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back