• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Battling Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Well the decisions are based off the usage stats (and judged according to the cutoff), and was Siglyiph in RU is still a message for Cresselia to leave.

It's not really a decision; Smogon just uses an arbitrary cutoff to determine which Pokemon fall into the usage bracket for a certain tier. The usage statistics each month dictate the tier shifts that happen every three months. The only 'decision' being made is the process used to carry this out, Smogon's tiering leaders only dictate which Pokemon belongs in a certain tier by banning them; everything else is a result of usage on Pokemon Online's ladder for a given tier.

Anti

return of the king
Years
devi!!!!! said:
Hey there, my favorite fagets of all time!

Competitive 5th Gen sucks but I'm here to say that I still love you all. <3
And that Knock Over Landorus is overpowered.

edit;
I BET YOU ALL FORGOT ABOUT ME BUT I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU MY DEARSSS

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN

I would tell you to come on the server for chatting and fun things like that but it's down. Oh well!

(I will not let your post get overlooked. I REMEMBER YOU.)

Crystalized

Waiting For RSE Remake
Years
Understood, Karpman. I still have a lot to learn!

But I still think that Siglyiph is still going to be a pain in RU.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Hey there, my favorite fagets of all time!

Competitive 5th Gen sucks but I'm here to say that I still love you all. <3
And that Knock Over Landorus is overpowered.

edit;
I BET YOU ALL FORGOT ABOUT ME BUT I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU MY DEARSSS

zasdfrgtyhtgfrdswdefrtgy OMG i didnt even see this. ;-; lol

HI DEVI -waves-

Also agree with you on the sucking @ 5th gen part. Play some first gen with meeeeeeee. :)

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
Years
I blame the elf for the existence of this post. Thus, I have to say that Sub-Roost Nite is still broken and needs to be Uber, for his power is maximum.

How is everyone?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
lol one of the Android users just told me that our server appears first on the list of them, no wonder we get so many random Android users.

And I also realised that because it's called "PokeCommunity" and the other names don't really have Pokemon in the title other than PO's actual server it's likely they also chose this because they think it's the community of PO. :x Now it all makes sense!

If somebody else discovered this before me I'm going to be very sad.

devilicious

dream
Years
p.s. devi sux

where are the numbers in your name?

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN

I would tell you to come on the server for chatting and fun things like that but it's down. Oh well!

(I will not let your post get overlooked. I REMEMBER YOU.)

HI ANTI I HAVE BEEN... NOT AROUND THE INTERNET I GUESS but since I'm on vacationnn I thought I'd come say hi and **** <3

edit; **** censors
edit2; uguu
edit3; wow I almost forgot I once got banned for censor bypassing what was I thinking

zasdfrgtyhtgfrdswdefrtgy OMG i didnt even see this. ;-; lol

HI DEVI -waves-

Also agree with you on the sucking @ 5th gen part. Play some first gen with meeeeeeee. :)

HI D_A AKA DEAR AZELF MY DEAR <3

First gen so bad it's good I just might play it someday!!

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I also did CC with Vapor and it was kinda fun, but not having the boosting etc attacks of the current generation makes me very sad. :(

Edit: I also made a gen one team and then faced Doronjo with it and I conclude I suck :) Not as sucky as I thought I'd be though!

Last edited:

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
No one wants to do a Pokemon Hunger Games? :(

If you haven't read about it, go here.

Through browsing the forums, I found that this idea was "attempted" before in a similar format by Karpman. You can read about that here.

In any case, I just wanted to know what everyone else thought of the idea.

EDIT: In order to make the idea more like the Hunger Games, instead of having a bracket, competitors choose their own opponents. No player can deny a battle, either. This is to further enhance the survivalist feel, as well as more incentive to team up, if you feel you're weaker than the competition.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
No one wants to do a Pokemon Hunger Games? :(

If you haven't read about it, go here.

Through browsing the forums, I found that this idea was "attempted" before in a similar format by Karpman. You can read about that here.

In any case, I just wanted to know what everyone else thought of the idea.

EDIT: In order to make the idea more like the Hunger Games, instead of having a bracket, competitors choose their own opponents. No player can deny a battle, either. This is to further enhance the survivalist feel, as well as more incentive to team up, if you feel you're weaker than the competition.

I'd do it but I'm not sure how many of those in my clan actively battle and/or would want to do it, lol. Idea seems nice though :3

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
I'm currently building a team which just revolves around Pokemon's I love. The idea of the team is setting-up boosts. What's a good lead for a team in general? I'm thinking of entry-hazards, but I'm not sure which one to use.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm currently building a team which just revolves around Pokemon's I love. The idea of the team is setting-up boosts. What's a good lead for a team in general? I'm thinking of entry-hazards, but I'm not sure which one to use.

If it's set up, then generally most of the time you're going with Hyper Offense and could use something for screens to allow you to set up. Generally Deoxys-D, Bronzong, Latios, Latias (to an extent), Azelf and Mew are all effective at setting up dual screens (reflect, light screen), depending on which fits into your team better. Most of those could also optionally use hazards on those sets too, so it's up to whatever you feel best fits.

But yeah, the lead type depends on what sort of team you're running - aka screener for HO, hazards for stall, weather abuser for weather, etc.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
If it's centered around boosting, you might consider forming a baton pass team.

I'd reccomend Ninjask or Smeargle for your lead in that regard, maybe Ninjask over Smeargle because Ninjask is harder to stop without phazing, while Smeargle gets torn to pieces by the likes of Conkeldurr.

No offense, but it's nearly impossible to build a team of favorites that doesn't end up becoming unbalanced, but do what you want.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022

I'd do it but I'm not sure how many of those in my clan actively battle and/or would want to do it, lol. Idea seems nice though :3

Thanks for the feedback :)

I'm currently in the process of constructing an actual post haha. I wanna give everyone an idea of what'd it'd actually be like :P

EDIT:

Please read through this and tell me what you think :)

^I'll make an actual banner if this idea goes through.^
The GamesRegistry & PoolTeams & BattlesMentorsVictorsThe Quarter QuellsRules & Clauses

[a id]intro[/a id]

The Survival Games

Clans are where camaraderies are formed, yet also where trainers strive to become better than their peers. Despite this, they are also a family of battlers. These families are no ordinary families, though, as they hold great pride in their proficiency in battle. As a result, the Survival Games were born. During the Games, each clan must offer two contestants. The two representatives will then be pooled with the representatives of other clans, and thrown into an arena where they must fight until only one is standing. Clans themselves decide how their representatives are chosen, whether it be through voting, volunteering, or other methods. Contestants can not participate in more than one game per five. For example, if player X participates in the first Games, no matter whether they win or lose, they cannot participate again until the sixth Games. Of course, the rest period may increase when the clans themselves get bigger. For now, the rest period may be decreased in order to accomodate clan size.

[a id]r&p[/a id]

Pokémon Registry & Pokémon Pool

Upon entering the Games, each contestant will register 10 Pokemon. These 10 Pokémon will make up a player's initial Pokémon Pool. Only Pokémon from the Pokémon Pool may be used in battle. A player may switch around/substitute Pokemon in their team whenever they feel like. Movesets and/or EV/IV spreads are not required, and a single Pokemon may have multiple movesets and/or EV/IV spreads throughout the Games. Once a player has decided on the 10 Pokémon they would like to use, they are to send the Gamemaker a PM containing the names of the 10 species they want to register.

After each battle, Pokémon who have fainted must be reported to the thread/Gamemaker. Fainted Pokémon will no longer be available for battle and will promptly be removed from their player's Pokémon Pool. Pokémon may be reinstated into the pool through methods, discussed below. In addition, after defeating an opponent, a player may select one of the opponent's registered Pokémon and add it to their own pool of usable Pokémon. The Pokémon selected must have been present in the battle between the player and the loser. As with any Pokémon in the player's pool of usable Pokémon, movesets and/or EV/IV spreads may be changed at any time.

In order to enhance the survival feel, players can battle with teams that contain less than six Pokémon. For example, if a player narrowly defeats their first opponent with a 1-0 record, they'd only have five total usable Pokémon left, including the ones from their Pool. In addition to these five, the player will be able to select a single Pokémon from the team of the enemy they defeated. They now have a full team of six, again. Now let's say they defeat their next opponent through a 3-0. Including the Pokémon from the opponent's team they can take, they'll only have four Pokémon left. The player cannot add anymore Pokémon to the team. From there, the player will have to go through the remainder of the Games using only four Pokemon, until more are lost or more members are added.

The Games will not begin until all players have registered their Pokémon.

[a id]t&b[/a id]

Teams & Battles

Unlike typical tournaments, the Survival Games will not have any sort of bracket. The contestants actually get to choose who they battle. This may seem unfair, but the tournament is based on survival, meaning even if weeding out the weaker is the only way to ensure your survival, what must be done, must be done. Each battle will only have one round. This means despite the possibility of hax, a player only gets one chance to defeat a player. If the player should lose, they are eliminated from the game effective immediate. However, players can also team up for both offensive and defensive purposes as well. Offensive teams, as the name suggests, go hunting for other players. They initiate the challenges. Defensive teams sit idly by and try to extend their stay, battling only when provoked. Despite being two different approaches, offensive and defensive teams function relatively the same.

Offensively, the team of attackers must attack until their victim(s) is/are defeated. In addition to the Pokémon that they may retrieve from their opponent's team after a victory, an attacker from a team may also revive one of their Pokémon that had fainted during the course of the battle. Not all members of a team must battle during an attack if the victim(s) is/are defeated before they get the chance to gear up. For example, say a team of two people try attacking a single player. The first attacker defeats the victim. The victim is eliminated from the team. Both members of the team may select a Pokémon from the victim's team to add to their own Pool. The player who actually dealt the finishing blow, obviously gets the first pick. Going back to earlier, if a member of the team doesn't actually participate in and win a battle, they cannot revive a Pokémon of their own.

Defensively, a defending team must defeat all of their attackers. Like usual, if a player on a defensive team wins, they can add a Pokémon from the team of their attacker to their own Pool. Unlike an offensive team, however, members of a defensive team do not have the privilege of reviving one of their own fainted Pokémon. They can, however, revive a teammate who'd been defeated in battle. In doing so, the teammate returns to the Games with only the Pokémon from their Pool who had not been yet fainted. All the fainted Pokémon are added to the revivers Pool and are in fully usable condition. For example, say that P1 and P2 teamed up. P2 began the team with a Charmander, Torchic, and Snivy. P2's Charmander had fainted prior to the two players teaming up. While a team, they are attacked by P3. P2 and their Torchic are defeated in the process. P1 then comes to the rescue and defeats P3. P1 then goes on to revive P2. At this point, P2 only has a Snivy left. Snivy is the only Pokémon P2 can use unless more are added through winning battles. P1, however, gets to add both Charmander and Torchic to their Pool in perfectly healthy conditions. Like with offensive teams, all members of a defensive team may select Pokemon from a defeated attacker's team and add it to their own Pool. This is provided, however, that the player himself was not defeated during battle. Going back to our example, P1 would be able to take one of P3's Pokémon, while P2 would not be able to do the same.

[a id]mentors[/a id]

Mentors

Mentors are previous victors of the Games. They serve a few purposes during the Games. First off, a mentor can only assist a fellow member of the clan they belong to. Once the Games begin, mentors will all be sent a copy of every player's Pool. It is up to the mentor what to do with this information. They can keep it a secret, or they can help their student, the current contestant in the Games, come up with a strategy to stay alive. However, mentors are only to contact their student. They cannot talk to or help any other contestant during the Games. Aside from this, mentors can also send their student presents during the games. Whenever a contestant wins a battle, they earn 10 points. A mentor can use these points to purchase gifts for the student during the games. The price of gifts will grow with every elimination that occurs, save for the first. For example, after the first battle has occurred, it would cost a mentor one point to send their student a Potion. The student can then use this Potion to revive any fainted members of their Pool. However, by the end of the tournament, this same Potion could cost 10 points. A Points and Gifts system will be developed later.

[a id]victors[/a id]

Victors

The names of victors, along with a log of all their battles, will be recorded into an archive for all to see. In future Games, the victor will be able to take on the role of a mentor. Prizes can be discussed later on.

[a id]QQ[/a id]

The Quarter Quells

The Quarter Quells take place every 25 Games. What sets them apart from normal Games is that they usually have additional rules to make the Game in particular more interesting. Possible Quarter Quell ideas involve having twice as many participants, allowing Pools to grow by 50%-100% in size, or letting players affected by the rest period to participate.

[a id]r&c[/a id]

Rules and Clauses

Rules

• All matches will be played on PC's Pokémon Online Server.
  • Battle logs must be saved in order to be referenced later on.
  • Contestants are not to scout the teams of their opponents.
  • There is a strict no do-over clause.
  • No items which rely on luck. As such, the following items are banned:
    • BrightPowder
    • Focus Band
    • King's Rock
    • Lucky Punch
    • Quick Claw
    • Razor Claw
    • Razor Fang
    • Scope Lens
    • Stick
  • Battle logs, results, and information on fainted Pokémon must be reported to the Gamemaker A.S.A.P.
  • The following Pokémon are banned:
    Ani493MS.png
    (All Forms)
    Ani257MS.png
    Ani491MS.png
    Ani386MS.png
    Ani386AMS.png
    Ani386SMS.png
    Ani483MS.png
    Ani530MS.png
    Ani445MS.png
    Ani487MS.png
    Ani487OMS.png
    Ani383MS.png
    Ani250MS.png
    Ani382MS.png
    Ani249MS.png
    Ani490MS.png
    Ani150MS.png
    Ani484MS.png
    Ani384MS.png
    Ani643MS.png
    Ani492SMS.png
    Ani642MS.png
    Ani644MS.png

Clauses

• WiFi Clause
    Players must show their opponent their team before a battle by enabling team preview.
  • Freeze Clause
    You cannot freeze two or more Pokémon on your opponent's team.
  • Sleep Clause
    You cannot put two or more Pokémon on your opponent's team to sleep. Pokémon put asleep by Rest do not count towards the total.
  • Species Clause
    You cannot have two or more of the same Pokémon on your team.
  • Evasion Clause
    You cannot use any moves which boost your evasion.
  • OHKO Clause
    You cannot use moves that guarantee OHKOs such as Fissure and/or Sheer Cold.
  • Self-KO Clause
    The player who uses a move that causes all remaining Pokémon to faint, loses.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Read through! Yeah idk about everyone else but it makes sense to me. Except... I think that kinda killed this thread, lol. :(

On the plus side at least the section is starting to look active in the main forum at least. I have a feeling activity won't be able to stay the same in all three. :x

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022

I just did some shameless advertising on our PC server :P Hopefully they'll read through it lol

Personally, I think it'd be an interesting way to add more activity to clans, not only by increasing their member roster, but also by encouraging clans to participate in community activities, instead of just hosting their own tournaments and the like.

Konou

Hippowdon Farmer
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012
Hi! I'm a Tournament Director on a different forum for a different game. That's not too important for what I want to ask the competitive chat.

I want to know;

If I were to organize a competitive hacked pokemon league, would anyone be interested in joining?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hi! I'm a Tournament Director on a different forum for a different game. That's not too important for what I want to ask the competitive chat.

I want to know;

If I were to organize a competitive hacked pokemon league, would anyone be interested in joining?

— Hacked Pokémon are banned.
Pokémon with typing, stats, ability, height/weight, and moves that can't be obtained in-game without the use of a cheating device (such as Action Replay) are banned. Hacked Pokémon with normal features (AKA legal hacks) are allowed though. If both you and the opponent agree on allowing hacked Pokémon, you may use them. Any suspicion of illegal use of hacked Pokémon should be reported.

@ T&E's rules.

Yeaaah so no. :(

Aaand without illegal abilities they aren't really hacked Pokemon, but rather just a normal wifi tornament. :x

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
So get this: breeding for an Adamant Oshawott with good IVs. Egg hatches, Timid nature. I figure "OK, next egg." Then, I check its IVs. With the exception of Sp. Atk, not a single IV was below 28, most were 31.
Picture_2_c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back