• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
For someone who doesn't drink often enough to have a good tolerance, I was surprised at how well I handled it all, mentally and physically. I remember everything, and didn't puke. :D

In my experience you have to drink quite a lot to get to that sorta stage. Even I don't get there regularly. d:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
For someone who doesn't drink often enough to have a good tolerance, I was surprised at how well I handled it all, mentally and physically. I remember everything, and didn't puke. :D
Something about that last bit makes me laugh.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
I've never puked with alcohol. Never got to that stage, never felt the need or want to either.
It's not necessarily about feeling the need or wanting to. Nobody wants to throw their lungs up after drinking. It's the result of getting slightly drunk and therefore thinking that drinking more is a fantastic idea. For some people it then will eventually get to the point where their body cannot deal with the intake of alcohol and will eventually start rejecting it. It's happened to me once before (I was retarded and accepted to much absinthe from my friend) and it was a pretty horrible experience that I had no intention of ever experiencing.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
It's not necessarily about feeling the need or wanting to. Nobody wants to throw their lungs up after drinking. It's the result of getting slightly drunk and therefore thinking that drinking more is a fantastic idea. For some people it then will eventually get to the point where their body cannot deal with the intake of alcohol and will eventually start rejecting it. It's happened to me once before (I was retarded and accepted to much absinthe from my friend) and it was a pretty horrible experience that I had no intention of ever experiencing.

That's why you drink water between drinks, though.. or eat something.. or that's what I do at least. Just cause you get tipsy doesn't mean your whole logic is thrown out the window.. or, at least mine isn't. I'm not sure about other people, but I think it maybe it's cause they just wanna look cool in front of friends or something.. so they forget about their limits? I dunno. Maybe I'm just cautious.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
That's why you drink water between drinks, though.. or eat something.. or that's what I do at least. Just cause you get tipsy doesn't mean your whole logic is thrown out the window.. or, at least mine isn't. I'm not sure about other people, but I think it maybe it's cause they just wanna look cool in front of friends or something.. so they forget about their limits? I dunno. Maybe I'm just cautious.
It depends on what you drink. But generally speaking, those who throw up from alcohol consumption are usually those who thought they could handle more drink than they could because they were already drunk. Or, like you said, they're trying to impress everyone. Either way, I don't think there are many people who actually aim to puke from drinking too much.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
It depends on what you drink. But generally speaking, those who throw up from alcohol consumption are usually those who thought they could handle more drink than they could because they were already drunk. Or, like you said, they're trying to impress everyone. Either way, I don't think there are many people who actually aim to puke from drinking too much.

Oh well, then I guess I dunno. I don't blame the alcohol, though. I'm a lightweight and get tipsy after 1 or 2 beers (after eating) but I pace myself. But I know there are people who purposely try and get absolutely shattered when on a night out. They're more likely to puke their guts out. So.. *shrug* to each their own.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I've found that mixing drinks always makes me more liable to throwing up tbh. In that I hardly remember a time where I threw up without mixing them. If I stick to one thing all night I find I remember it better the next day, have a lighter hangover, and don't throw up.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Oh well, then I guess I dunno. I don't blame the alcohol, though. I'm a lightweight and get tipsy after 1 or 2 beers (after eating) but I pace myself. But I know there are people who purposely try and get absolutely shattered when on a night out. They're more likely to puke their guts out. So.. *shrug* to each their own.
Pacing yourself with alcohol is called being sensible, haha. I know for a fact that if I know I'm going to be drinking on a night out, my attitude is more like "LET'S GET WASSSSTTTEEEDDD". I personally prefer to get high than get drunk on nights out though. But like you said, each to their own.

Years
I wish more people would pace themselves.

I hear about my friend's step sister who thinks she needs to drink before meeting friends to "catch up" since they went out before she met up with them, who then gets blackout drunk and lost in Oakland late at night, causing everyone she was with to panic and call everyone they can think of to find her and causing all of them to panic, too, and I worry. And despair.

Years
The thing about alcohol is if you dont drink too much, you probably wont do anything you wouldnt ordinarily. I dont usually get drunk because alcohol makes me very sleepy so even after one glass I dont usually want more, I just want to take a nap.

Years
I wish more people would pace themselves.

I hear about my friend's step sister who thinks she needs to drink before meeting friends to "catch up" since they went out before she met up with them, who then gets blackout drunk and lost in Oakland late at night, causing everyone she was with to panic and call everyone they can think of to find her and causing all of them to panic, too, and I worry. And despair.

And despair

And despair

And despair

And despair!

29ym82s.png

I don't really drink alcohol either, doesn't really appeal to me. Whiskey and any other alcoholic drink that can make my chest burn is pretty good though and it's really the only reason I would want to drink.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Actually, on New Years Eve I had two and a half drinks and wasn't even tipsy. Then again this was over a period of like 8 hours so even 3 drinks in that amount of time isn't gonna do anything haha..

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Then with that sort of attitude.. how can anyone blame the "badness of alcohol" when they have that mindset before even getting drunk?
Well initially, the idea is to get drunk and have a good time. But on occasion (and for some people, regularly) there can be repercussions caused by drinking too much. Whereas with other drugs and substances, you don't usually get that.

Don't get me wrong. If I get too drunk whilst I'm out, I'd blame myself first and foremost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back