• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite Starter Pokémon

Who is your Favorite R/S/E starter Pokémon?

• Mudkip

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • Treecko

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • Torchic

Votes: 30 24.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
First time I played the Hoenn games I picked Treecko, but now I'm choosing Mudkip (Swamperts are cool ^^).

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
I hate the end evolutions of the 3 starters, but I like the base one. Treecko, Torchic and Mudkipz are so cuuuuute :3 Anyways Treecko and Mudkip ftw (although Swampert is ugly)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I most often choose Torchic. I realize Mudkip makes the game easier, both in the beginning and later on, but Blaziken appeals much more to me than Swampert ever could. Plus, I seldom ditch my starter and don't much like multiple pokémon with the same type on a team, so with Torchic I would get a more fun water pokémon than Mudkip. The Torchic line is good enough for a fighting type on the team, even though it's a bit difficult when you are up against the ice E4.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I love all of the starters in the third generation, but I like the Mudkip line a bit more.

Years
Treecko! Sceptile is so awesome, especially the shiny version. I'm not a big fan of Torchic or Mudkip's evolutions at all. u~u

Years
Treecko was the Pokemon that I chose the very first time I played Sapphire, and I still have it to this day on my HeartGold. I've used both Mudkip -> Swampert and Torchic -> Blaziken too, and while they're both good, neither can match up to how much I loved using Sceptile.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
My favorite is Torchic because once it evolves into Blaziken it's unstoppable!
I'll admit that fire is my favorite type so I tend to go with the fire starter, but I really do like the other ones. I liked all 3 in the 1st gen, 2 in the 2nd gen, and 2 in this gen. I'm sure Sceptile is an awesome grass type, but I don't like the look of him and grass isn't a favorite type of mine. Swampert looks pretty cool, but I don't like that he's also a ground type. Just makes it seem like he's not as good in the water as a pure water type. I don't want a Pokémon that's on the GROUND that knows water type attacks, I want full on NAVY SEALS in the WATER! Not to mention that there are 3 water HM's and since I don't carry more than 1 Pokémon of the same type he would end up getting all 3. However Torchic and his evolution line are awesome! The next best thing than a fire Pokémon is a fire Pokémon that fights! Blaziken not only punches and kicks, but he does it with fire! THAT'S HOT. :p

PokeChris123

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I like all of them, so it's hard to pick. I'll probably go with Mudkip.
mudkip.jpg

Sirfetch’d

Torchic for life <3 Torchic is my favorite starter of these 3 games and my favorite starter of all time!

Years
Who doesn't liek Mudkipz? I think that thing is so cute he is my fave Hoenn starter. Not to mention it was my starter back on my very first playthrough of Ruby. And also becuz Water-types rule.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
Who doesn't liek Mudkipz? I think that thing is so cute he is my fave Hoenn starter. Not to mention it was my starter back on my very first playthrough of Ruby. And also becuz Water-types rule.
I like Mudkip, what I don't like is saying "Mudkipz" or the phrase "So I herd u lik Mudkipz". What the heck is that?! lol only joking of course. When did Mudkip become the only Pokémon that's cool to like?

Back