• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
No, Meloetta is not in the game. Genesect is indeed on your rival's team, but you can't catch it. I think the OP stated that the rival and the elite 4(during the rematches) has legendaries that are exclusive to them. When it comes to legendaries that the player can catch, i think you have 2/3. You can catch Giratina on Victory Road. I don't know if Mewtwo is available after E4, have not gotten that far myself.

What levels were your pokes at when you beat the pokemon league?
Got Electrivire, Ninetails, Togekiss, Lucario, Scizor and Empoleon at 65-70ish atm, going for e4 now.

Actually, after you beat the whole game you CAN catch Genesect

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2018
Aha, did not know that!
Probably shouldn't have been so sure about what is what since i haven't finished the game yet -.-

Where do you find Dratini, btw? Wanting to replace Togekiss.
Also wanting to replace Lucario with Heracross, all those eartquakes are wrecking my team(beat the e4 once, barely). Anyone tried using him ingame? Is it worth switching?

Years
Same as you ,my team pokemon was 65-70 level.. was not so tough n not easy too.. average. if u have an ice type or dragon type it would be easy to beat the dragon trainer in e4.. i felt difficult against hydreigon. Even though you have empoleon but it is little bit slow so your opponent may kill with ground attacks.. better if you give quick claw to empoleon.. thanks for your reply

Dratini is available in the game corner . keep Lucario in your team.. it helped me a lot .. it learns dragon pulse around 60th level so u can also kill dragon pokemons in e4

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2018
Same as you ,my team pokemon was 65-70 level.. was not so tough n not easy too.. average. if u have an ice type or dragon type it would be easy to beat the dragon trainer in e4.. i felt difficult against hydreigon. Even though you have empoleon but it is little bit slow so your opponent may kill with ground attacks.. better if you give quick claw to empoleon.. thanks for your reply

Dratini is available in the game corner . keep Lucario in your team.. it helped me a lot .. it learns dragon pulse around 60th level so u can also kill dragon pokemons in e4

Thanks mate! Completely slipped my mind :P

Going to swap Lucario, Scizor and Togekiss for Hydreigon, Dragonite and Heracross, i think. Had 3 steeltypes in my team wich screwed my against fire, fight and ground. Empoleon rocked with ice beam, and it can live a hit from basicly anything, so it gets to stay.

Scizor did sweep Agatha with SD + Night slash/ X-Scissor though.
Just felt like mixing it up before the rematches.

Years
Nice team buddy.. Heracross is really very strong pokemon but its 4x weakness to flying type moves.. dragonite is awesome. dragonite and gible are my favorites .. unfortunately i think there is no gible in this game.. I started to play 2nd time with torchic .. now its combusken .. combusken has hyper cutter .. awesome

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2013
Is there a VS Seeker in this hack? If so, then where can I find it since it's not in Vermillion.

Where's the VS Seeker? Is it even in this game?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2013
This hack is amazing! I love it, however, is it in any way possible to use the randomiser on this rom? I'd love to give it another run through.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
I asked the spriter who "provided" it and he says he got it somewhere else- judging by the fact that the palette it uses is different from not only your sprite but all of the canon sprites, I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time it was stolen. It *is* a nice sprite, but I'm not quite capable enough to trim it down myself so it'll still look good in 64x64, so I'm just going to go back to the FR Mantine sprite.

Don't worry I understand completely, I never thought you'd stolen it or anything like that, looking at its statistics with 32 downloads and 300 and somthing views I wouldn't be surprised if people were copying it elsewhere or tweaking it. If you'd still like to use it, I've got a 64x64 version myself. I'll post it here in case you want it :)

http://i.imgur.com/TyUiNCo.png

I was also wondering if you'd be able to spot me a PM or something with some basic information on how you've been able to create new abilities? I understand if this is private information or difficult to explain, but it's a feature I've been wanting to look into and currently don't know how to go about doing it, due to lack of offsets and such. I do understand however that it requires ASM. Thanks for your time!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
This hack is amazing! I love it, however, is it in any way possible to use the randomiser on this rom? I'd love to give it another run through.

you can use the randomizer on it but keep in mind that there are only 151 pokemon and that's all about it

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2021
Awwww what a lovely work of art. I just played it for 14 hours without a pause (I might be crazy -- the truth is this hack is crazy).

You, Sir, did a truly wonderful job. You managed in the hard task to revive a classic without actually ruining it -- it's indeed the opposite! All the new moves and abilities are flawlessly implemented in the game, the difficulty is very well balanced and, most of all, this hack is a REAL FUN to play with.

GG man. Looking forward your next release.

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2023
One of the best hacks I've ever played!

Just finished my second run with Empoleon as my starter (this guy is a beast! Serperior was killing me on my first run). Trained a Staraptor & Gliscor once again (those two are must haves for me). For the rest of my team I went with two majestic Lucarios (a Choice Band'ed physical attacker with Crunch, High Jump Kick, Iron Tail & Swords Dance; its special counterpart with Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse & Nasty Plot); dragons, ghosts, dark, rock & steel types never had a prayer! I reserved the last spot for Metagross who, although a fatal physical beast, was also risky against Earthquakers, especially when resorting to its less accurate Superpower & Meteor Mash.

Once again great job on the hack and huge thanks to the developper!

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
I just got this hack started last night I love the starters... I couldn't decided who i wanted xD...

Great job on this hack I 120% love it, and I thought I was sick of Fire Red hacks lol

Giant Magikarp

I like Iris...
Years
I think this is the best FireRed hack that I have played.

I like how you inserted Gen. 4 and 5 abilities and attacks but I don't like the idea that the Elite 4 have Pokemon that is unobtainable by the player.

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2014
OP, this looks amazing! I'm going to have to play it soon. But how did you program in new abilities?

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2021
I have literally just beat the game 10 minutes ago. if you want to know what my team is then it's a level 90 volcarona, a level 90 genosect, a level 100 blaziken, a level 93 lucario, a level 90 ferrothorn and a level 92 hydreigon. man this game was hard but it was epic adn fun as hell. man whoever made this is an awsome hacker but there should be more gen 3 pokemon. in particular sceptile and the weather trio. but still an awsome game.

unowen

The Wanderer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
This hack is awesome so far I've played it!
I wished that it could be upgraded with more Pokemon (possibly make all of them available, lol) but it's still a good game nevertheless.
...I need a banner of this, lol

Back