• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: FireRed hack: Graphical Step-Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Introduction
Hello Everyone! Welcome to my first ever Sideshow project. This is just a patch for people to enjoy Pokemon FireRed at full quality. There are also new Pokemon sprites, courtesy of Chaos Rush. There may be some flaws and things that you might dislike, and I ask you to please state them down below. Also, just tell me what additional things you want included and I'll try my best to script them in. But remember, this is only a Graphical Patch and whatever script changes that are made will not be big.​

Starting Off​
Before we begin, I just want to give your VBA a Graphical kick off. If you are used to playing in full screen, then you'll have absolutely no problem with this adjustment. But if you like playing on the smaller screen, you might not like this. But this is optional. Now that we're through with the disclaimer and stuff, let's begin! Follow these simple steps:

Open up Visual Boy Advance.
290jAGl.png

Go to Options > Filter > hq2x
EQj41LM.png

Next, head to
Options > Video > x4
mdD4vCp.png

This will turn the emulator into a bigger version. What it also does is remove some pixels to make the gameplay seem more professional.

Media
Now here are some screenshots. I am only done with the exterior of Pallet Town, so there is very little screenshots I have available. The OW Sprites are by WesleyFG. Many thanks to you, my friend!

Some Comparisons
qBzBbEG.png

FAH6jBm.png

New Front & Back Pokemon sprites
L7q8f00.png
to
wDMBEMl.png

Bugs
Here's the color code:
Red = Unknown bug and/or disrupts gameplay.
Blue = Known bug, will be fixed as soon as I figure out how to.
Green = Known bug, will be or has already been fixed.

Bugs:
Gary's OW has a bugged coloring. So do the Pokedexes in the lab. (See screenshot of Bulbasaur starter above)
Charmander's coloring is messed up and I haven't inserted its back sprite.

Credits:
Without these people, even a simple sideshow like this wouldn't have been possible.

Tools:
WesleyFG
Chaos Rush
Lu-Ho
HackMew

Inspiration:
Danny-E 33
Piplup - Hacker
kebbles
ForeverDash / PokemonMasters

Administrators:
DrFuji
giradialkia

Releases:
Beta 1 is coming VERY soon! Keep a close watch XD

blue

gucci
Years
I like how youve updated the sprites, Bulbasaur looks much better with the BW sprite so I look forward to the release! Good luck.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Good luck with this. Oh, and I'm having a hard time reading the super light green text on the bug report section. I think it should be a bit of a darker green (this would make my eye balls hurt less :P)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
The upgraded Hero/Heroine sprites by Wesley FG doesn't have the running/bike/fishing sprites. Will you be making those yourself?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
As soon as i saw the ow i realized that they looked like wesleys light platinum ow
Anyway good luck

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Wow this hack looks really good especially the Red OW sprite and the starters sprite BTW I you goanna add some background animation during the battle or the day and night system ?

RomHackerFireRed

I'm Doing a hack for FireRed can i have Red OverWorld Sprites please?

Trainer 766

this looks sweet love the graphical updates as well Pinkish Purple can't wait for the beta
This thread is already here for 3 years.I'm afraid we won't get an update.Don't get me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back