• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I would love to interact with someone too in ToB or at least somewhere near there, though they would have to approach my character, otherwise it would conflict with his current personality.

Anyone? o 3o

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Well it's not so much a matter of the brain creating this feeling as it is the Nervegear planting the sensation in the SAO-active part of the game. Therefore, the SAO avatar will feel hunger and fatigue separate from that of the human body, but they'll still feel hunger or sleepiness regardless. Now, I could see him ignoring this, but I'd think that there would repercussions to his effectiveness since this is an artificial recreation of a real feeling, and thus the brain would create a sort of depressant in the SAO avatar as a sort of "eat and sleep, stupid!" mechanism, should they go too long without it. They probably wouldn't die, but it would definitely wear on the user, and their body would probably react as a real one would in terms of effectiveness, motor skills, etc.

I mean, this is just a suggestion and a theory, but I don't think anyone could really ignore the impulses of food and sleep and be so "in the zone" for 30+ days...though I think that if they were to, their brain would produce the depressant (and possibly pain) that I mentioned.

Heh, I feel like that's exactly the kind of thing Turnip would defy, in a "Well, that's a broken game mechanic. Nope, I'm not having that." sort of way, depriving himself of food and sleep, and enduring the pain, just to protest at a feature of the game he doesn't like.

Still, I suppose Turnip and I will cave on this one. You guys should know, though, that he's going to be complaining about it with almost exactly the same logic I've presented here ;)
(Look who's mixing character knowledge with player knowledge)

And, for the record, my post'll be up in a bit.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Depends where you're at. I'll be searching around for some potion ingredients near town, so if you want to meet up out there...

Why but of course. I'm planning to look out to buy a new guitar so you know, the obvious way thing we could do is have them bump into each other or something. PM/VM mabe?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Baldur's Gate is one of those games that I've known about since I was a child but put of playing for so long. I ended up buying Enhanced Edition (and, on a related note, System Shock 2) during the Steam Sale, so hopefully I'll get around to playing it.

But getting stuck in the past with games is never a bad thing, at least from my PoV.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
But getting stuck in the past with games is never a bad thing, at least from my PoV.

Oh, I wasn't talking about his mention of Baldur's Gate (Awesome game, by the way, though it takes a little bit of getting used to), I was referring to how he, Godot and dotcom are still technically in the first IC day, whereas everyone else is moving on to the second.

As far as Baldur's Gate goes, though, it's really good for the story but a little slower moving than some others. Takes a while to level up to level 2, so you're fairly fragile for a while. Save regularly. If you've got the Enhanced Edition, I'd say play the Black Pits first as a taster. The levelling's a lot faster. Plus, if you make a character you like and level him/her up in the Black Pits, you can export them and import them into BG. Though, due to complications, I think you'll lose a ring slot, but eh.
And a tip for character creation, make sure you get a good roll when you go for your stats. Just reroll until you get around 90 or so, or just under, for the total roll, then pump up most of the stats you need to 18.

There are other games on the same engine, like Icewind Dale, that are less story-intensive but have much faster levelling, better gear and a higher level cap. I mean, you can be powerful in Baldur's Gate, but you can be ridiculous in Icewind Dale.

Ooh, and I've heard of System Shock, too, but never played it. Maybe I should buy it... but yeah, sorry for the massive monologue. I like BG :p

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I was so close to buying a D&D pack that was on sale for an incredibly cheap price, which had Planescape, Baldur's Gate 1+2, Complete editions of both Neverwinter Nights games, Icewind Dale...and I stupidly passed it up XO

I will forever regret that decision. Just like when all the Ultimas were on sale.

/Sigh

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
I'm sorry if it seems like I'm spamming posts, but Taka is one of the best characters I've ever had the pleasure of writing for. I'm going to include a song in every other posts. Battles included! > : D

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
OK, sorry if I'm going to be leaving anyone behind in this (dotcom, I think, sowwy) but I'm going to post again in order to bring Turnip back up to the present. It's about time I un-past-ed myself.

Also, just a question about mobs - do they all have to be necessarily canon from SAO? Or can I just implement any general mobs I assume would exist? Wolves and skeletons have definitely been mentioned, I think someone said something about Kobolds. Don't know about including anything like Wights or Doppelgangers, perhaps. I think Wights are fairly generic, though I guess I'll go with something safer for now. Maybe a Battle Horror later on. Blimey I hated those things.

For the record, bloody hell my next post is going to be long.

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Bwahahahaha! Oh Taka...Making friends everywhere he goes! I'll make another post soon, whether I can think of something to post or not. If somebody were to interact with Taka right outside the dungeon, I wouldn't object ;)

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
@Jegretis: Unless you can convince PinkSapphire and ShinyDiamond to open another spot for you, then probably not. At one point there was even a waiting list for people wanting to join this RP and considering how the spot left behind by the recently departed Nideous was instantly filled by ChiliDawgs I assume there still is. Sorry, man.

@True Epicness: Enemies came up as an issue earlier in the OOC, I believe. IIRC the verdict was that for floor one you can put in whatever enemies you want but for future floors the GMs will put up a monster list for you to reference.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
True Epicness- Sorry, I gotta sleep now before SD gets angry at me for staying up late again xD i'll answer it tomorrow!

Jegretis- it's just like Geras said. There is a waiting list :3

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
True Epicness- From on the second floor, I will start listing the monsters… so for now just Wolves, Spiders, Kobolds and Swines.

Heretostay- once you reached level 13, leveling up will start to get really difficult. You need atleast 10 wolves to gain an experience point. If you're under that level then let's say 5 experience points per monster, just don't over-power yourself (with this I mean: do not only fight monsters the whole day)

Back