• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Helio Version

Which starter would you pick?

• Chamelica - Grass Starter

Votes: 110 26.6%
  • Kittorch - Fire Starter

Votes: 197 47.7%
  • Pireel - Water Starter

Votes: 106 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
We don't need much help with the project. I'd say we've got everything covered. Except for the position of Scripter. I need someone who can assist me in scripting the game. Someone who is experienced/knows what they're doing.

Thank you for all the comments! :D

We have updated the first post with a video, and pretty soon, maybe we'll be moved to 'The Showcase' section!

~Aqua

aquakip

Years
Updated the first post with progress bars.

Just for...well can't say that. Just for craps and chuckles (less profane).

One question, your not using the starter kit are you?
And no, I am not using Poccil's starter kit. I don't really see how it helps. Why?

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
It helps to those who can't script, but you obviously can.
The maps are great and you've used the public tiles to their fullest.

The progress bars are just like I would/was going to design mine, now I need to do a different design ;)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Updated the first post with progress bars.

Just for...well can't say that. Just for craps and chuckles (less profane).

And no, I am not using Poccil's starter kit. I don't really see how it helps. Why?
Well It helps a huge amount, its battle system is complete,Items are set to work properly, It has a night and day system, things like the town map.the pc, Pokecenter the pokemon are all programmed. Basically what you see in pokemon games are in the starter kit you just make everything your own by changing the graphics putting in new pokemon( I see you have fakemon) etc....You should try it your game will take a giant leap and will get you over a huge hump to where you can focus on making the game really yours like your events and stuff.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Well It helps a huge amount, its battle system is complete,Items are set to work properly, It has a night and day system, things like the town map.the pc, Pokecenter the pokemon are all programmed. Basically what you see in pokemon games are in the starter kit you just make everything your own by changing the graphics putting in new pokemon( I see you have fakemon) etc....You should try it your game will take a giant leap and will get you over a huge hump to where you can focus on making the game really yours like your events and stuff.
Well I'd have to disagree. Even though it does do all of the above, I think that if you have the experience to script it all yourself it's much more worth while to do that. Apart from fully making it your own, your game will also be a lot more popular for not using the kit like nearly every other.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
Watched the video... mapping is good. I notice the town you start in is very dusty with a lot of dead grass. Is that linked to the global warming plotline?

Can't wait to see the inside of Warren's gym!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Well I'd have to disagree. Even though it does do all of the above, I think that if you have the experience to script it all yourself it's much more worth while to do that. Apart from fully making it your own, your game will also be a lot more popular for not using the kit like nearly every other.
But he clearly doesnt have that skill, and how many games around here say they will script everything and then being "popular" lol doesnt happen and they turn around and resort to using the starterkit. I dont believe not using the starter kit makes your game more popular if anything people kinda give up on waiting for things to happen.

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
I notice the town you start in is very dusty with a lot of dead grass. Is that linked to the global warming plotline?

As a matter of fact, its a coincidence (as far as I'm aware). For the Global Warming plot line, I was browsing "realistic" (taking into account pokemon "mythology [legendaries] and society) reasons for wanting to cause global warming. The result is a truly warped and crazy leader of Team Solar with a rather bizarre and bloody past. The point is, don't expect it to be conventional. At all.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
But he clearly doesnt have that skill, and how many games around here say they will script everything and then being "popular" lol doesnt happen and they turn around and resort to using the starterkit. I dont believe not using the starter kit makes your game more popular if anything people kinda give up on waiting for things to happen.

Well, I take offense to that, even if I'm not the mapper of our game, I am our leader, and I don't like it when people undermine the abilities of my staff.

Look, I don't know who you are, but you have no idea what skills Aquakip doesn't have, just because he hasn't used them yet. And don't say that people with good games always use the starter kit. That's blasphemy. What did people do before the starter kit? Seriously. We're not using the starter kit, but people still seem to be attracted to our game.

I wonder how that works.

Again, I'm sorry if I sound pushy, but I don't want you to diss my workers or my game.

Thanks!
~starrmyt

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Well, I take offense to that, even if I'm not the mapper of our game, I am our leader, and I don't like it when people undermine the abilities of my staff.

Look, I don't know who you are, but you have no idea what skills Aquakip doesn't have, just because he hasn't used them yet. And don't say that people with good games always use the starter kit. That's blasphemy. What did people do before the starter kit? Seriously. We're not using the starter kit, but people still seem to be attracted to our game.

I wonder how that works.

Again, I'm sorry if I sound pushy, but I don't want you to diss my workers or my game.

Thanks!
~starrmyt
WTF!? I didnt diss anyone, but now Im gonna diss your reading skills, aquakip said he was looking for a scripter lol can you not read? "...you have no idea what skills aquakip doesnt have.." really he was the one that said he NEEDED a scripter and everything else was handled, read before you test me again. Seems like you read all the posts but what aquakip said.

Also when the hell did I say people with good games use the starterkit lol now your hallucinating and putting words in my mouth. show me where I said that lmao

"I dont want you to diss my workers or my game" what the hell I was trying to help but who cares, Idk why I tried since you can only read things that were never said....

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
Up, when people start using AIM lingo in their conversations, bad things start to happen...

Listen, don't start an all out brawl. Cause I have a sense that that's where this is going. Pokemon01, I'm sorry you were so offended by Starrmyt's comment. I think all Starrmyt is trying to say is that Aquakip happens to be a very talented game-maker, and they (Aquakip and Evan) would both prefer to do the game without the starter kit, in order to say "You know, we were able to make all this from scratch." Its taking pride in one's work and being confident in one's abilities. Thank you for your concern, though. Its nice to know we've gotten through to you so that your concerned that we're not using the starter pack.

I think that argument is settled, then? Thanks for caring about our game!

Starrcasm

Years
@PokemonOI, I'm not trying to put words in your mouth; the reason we need a scriptor is that we don't want to have the duties of mapping+spriting+scripting+programming all on the shoulders of one person; not because he lacks the skill.

With that said, I apologize for not reading your entire post, I was just placed on the defensive when you said that he clearly lacked the skill. Hopefully you understand this.

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
That's understandable.

Try not to lash out though.
I know it's almost hurtful to read bad comments about a game your putting energy into but everyone can have their own opinion.

Calm down kids.

aquakip

Years
WOW! A lot can happen in 2 hours! Lemme see...

That's understandable.

Try not to lash out though.
I know it's almost hurtful to read bad comments about a game your putting energy into but everyone can have their own opinion.

Calm down kids.

Was that a bad comment? lol I just thought it was a thoughtful arguement that kind of got out of hands.

PokemonOI@ thanks for thinking so kindly of the game. I just think some things need to be settled, the right way:

I clearly stated in that post that I didn't want all of the burden of spriting, mapping AND scripting. So that was why I was searching for a scripter, not because I don't have the ability to scipt. I see where that can mislead someone to thinking that, but, sadly, that is not the case here.

I am a beginner at scripting, yes, but I am fairly good at it. I can adapt to things very fast.

But, finally, I don't think I want to use Poccil's starter kit. I see where you are coming from in how it can help us and all, but as a team, we have decided against it, seeing how it may benefit us in teh long-run from not using it. ^_^ Thanks for posting in my thread. Do you like anything about the game thus far?

The Cynic@ lol. I don't really like the inside of Warren's Gym. But, you might. I'm thinking of posting screenshots in a couple of days, possibly two or three. :D

And no, I never really thought of how Oriole Town looked like it had dead grass. That's not the case, it's just that it's sandy and worn down from all of the walking, I guess. It wasn't intentional, just how I mapped it.

Peeky Chew@ I'm so sorry for doing that! I didn't mean to! I bet your progress bars are gonna turn out just as great! Maybe even better! But thanks for the comment! :3

-------

Ok. Now that we're done with the commenting, and hopefully straightening out things, let's move on to a slight update.

We have begun our Pokemon art. I don't know if Kwsmithjr really wants a spot as our artist. If I don't hear from him within a day or two, I'm going to expect that he doesn't want to follow through on his role of artist.

Not really anything important...just news...I guess.

~Aqua

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Peeky Chew@ I'm so sorry for doing that! I didn't mean to! I bet your progress bars are gonna turn out just as great! Maybe even better! But thanks for the comment! :3
~Aqua
It's alright, I was just putting then in because someone else did anyway. I've finished them now if you want to compare ;)
This is very fastly becoming my favourite game in the drawing board, I really think you should move it to the showcase.

Starrcasm

Years
This is very fastly becoming my favourite game in the drawing board, I really think you should move it to the showcase

:D I like the compliment! :D I also believe that Aquakip should move this to the showcase, but I don't know if he has the proper authority to move it.

Either way, I'm going to update soon with a bunch of art silhouettes of the fakemon we have. ;D

EDIT:

Art silhouettes:
silhouettes.png

These will be revealed one by one....at a later date :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back