• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeDex help

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2013
My player gets the pokedex after they get the pokedex in pokemon essentials v8 and it wont register the players chossen pokemon in the pokedex

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Essentials shows the Kanto Dex by default, with the Johto and National Dexes needing to be unlocked. If the player obtains a Treecko, it will still be recorded in the Pokédex, but won't be accessible straight away because it doesn't appear in the Kanto Dex.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2013
thank you as that was the case i thought i broke something as im just learning even tho i didnt touch any scripts yet

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
With too many question about National Dex (and I agree that this appears to be a bug), in default Essentials make the National Dex avaliable when erasing all the Regional Numbers OR when the Reginal Dex won't have a name (put also a explanation in settings).

Also make a message in sample event when the player picks the pokédex like: "Kanto Dex avaliable if you have Reginal Numbers, to displays National Dex in start erase the Regional Dex names." or make a National Dex sample event.

Back