• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah. Makes it really exciting, you know? And you really feel like you accomplished something, rather than Cobalion sitting there in the middle of a route like "here I am, catch me if you can!"

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
Much more exciting! I remember having set aside a good few hours to hunt down Lugia, even though there weren't any puzzles really, I still had a hard time because I always mixed up the islands haha.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Yeah,After Gen III hunting for Legends just got easy hopefully Gen VI will make it harder for us to look for them.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
@syndian - lol..!!:-P

the idea behind dat regi trio hunting was superb, bt braille ruined it. You see, we don't want to learn a blind's language to accomplise sumthing.. It can be like moving stone panels back in gen 2, or atleast sumthng dat we can understand atleast the hints..

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
It isn't another language, it is a different way of writing down the same english matterial you see every day. Besides, there's the internet for that. I don't know, I'm too bias here. My family had an easy time with that puzzle. Nobody had to learn it or look it up, they just asked me.

blue

gucci
Years
iirc for the Regi's in RSE there was Braille text and you had to catch two specific Pokemon (Wailmer & Relicanth I think) in order to unlock the caves for them. I'd like something similar to that so it's actually both challenging and rewarding.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Nt evry1 knws braille, bt i knw to read braille, just sayin that for those who dont knw braille and luking for hint on internet, it ruins pkmn hunting...

@miss doronjo

european language?
No i dun think so..

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
Nt evry1 knws braille, bt i knw to read braille, just sayin that for those who dont knw braille and luking for hint on internet, it ruins pkmn hunting...

@miss doronjo

european language?
No i dun think so..
I don't know Braille and I had to look it up, but I enjoyed it just as much. I still think the hunt for the Regies in RSE was one of the best, if not the best, puzzles for finding a legendary Pokémon. It was well worth it after and I found it pretty fun to do. I wouldn't mind them doing it again if they chose to do it in X and Y.

Why do you think using a different language or another form of scripture would be such a bad idea?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
the idea behind dat regi trio hunting was superb, bt braille ruined it. You see, we don't want to learn a blind's language to accomplise sumthing.. It can be like moving stone panels back in gen 2, or atleast sumthng dat we can understand atleast the hints..

It's not a different language though. There's nothing wrong with using Braille to decode things. Have you ever done puzzles in person? Crosswords, word finds, sudoku, those all involve thinking. You can go look up a braille chart online easily, so it's not really a puzzle unless you make it one. It's not really hard. Besides, it's not a bad thing to memorize visual Braille. You find you need the most obscure things sometimes.

I hate to say it, but I have a harder time understanding what you're trying to say more than I had trouble with the Braille. So I find it weird you're talking about how the Braille was difficult to read and decode.

It's not ruining the hunting by looking up the Braille though. Heck, they gave you a chart in the game. lol

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Lol when did the game provided a braille chart?

@syndian - hard tym to understand me??
Just like an adventure isnt it? ;)
refer d internet xD

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
In the cave where you order your Wailord and Relicanth. All the slabs in that room have the Braille chart.

rs1.png

If they were to implement Braille to unlock things in XY again, they wouldn't leave us hanging. They had a Braille slab in FRLG as well, cause there was Braille in those games too.

Edit:
@syndian - hard tym to understand me??
Just like an adventure isnt it?
refer d internet xD

I can't refer the internet for that language, hon. lol But my username is right in front of you. No excuses for not spelling it right tbh!

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I hope there's less than 7. Let's face it Gen IV had too much legendaries than needed. Kanto, Johto and Hoenn had good numbers of Legendaries. I hope they to the same for Gen VI.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
The braille was a bit sucky if you couldn't access the internet but other than that the Regi challenge is probably the most fun I've had trying to catch legends. Everything from then on was really just handed to you. I hope that we get to work for our legends this time around.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
@sydian- the language is still english, bt if u wish u can use google translate into ur language to understand it.. :-p
just adventurous fr u.

Also the person above me n aerilyn also say braille suckd...

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
@miss doronjo

european language?
No i dun think so..

I was just thinking that, because there's been some speculation of the trio legendaries being 'french based', like musketeers or the like, so, maybe there can be some sort of french legend lore that can be represented to a french translation?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I for one liked the Braille, it related to the dots on the Regis anyway. It was well planned. Whether they do different languages or whatever, I just hope they have some new puzzles and challenges for us.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
Man does anyone else realize how hard these games will be, because rather than having the typical bird's eye view where we can see nearly an entire map, we will only see the path in front of us.

Caves will prove much more challenging :3 I hope

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
I agree with the Regi bit. The puzzles made them so much more worth it. Because you EARNED them.

As for the starters, do you think they will have subtypes when they evolve?
I for one am calling water/poison to be our water starters final evo.

And as for Yveltal, I'm calling it right now: Dark/flying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back