• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I wanna see that remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
What are some games you really enjoyed back in the day (NES, SNES, N64, etc...) and that you wished had a remake and what are some remakes you really enjoyed playing?
Has this been posted before? I don't remember

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I'm hoping that they'll make a Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask remake. I really love that game; sooo glorious~ I've played loads of remakes before, like Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD remake, etc, which I do love the improved cell shading graphics!

Years
Any of the Ps1 era Final Fantasy games would be lovely as a remake. I know Square Enix isn't going to touch VII, but I think VIII and IX would be excellent choices to get a new coat of paint. Probably more so then X, not that I'm not glad that X is getting a fresh coat. It will never, ever happen, but I feel like Digimon World or Dot Hack would be really good candidates for an HD re-release.

As for remakes I've enjoyed playing? I think my favourite is by far Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. It really made that game feel like new again. If anyone still has a Gamecube or a Wii I would highly, highly recommend playing that over the Ps1 original. Nods to Windwaker HD and Devil May Cry HD as well. Even if all Devil May Cry got was a new coat of paint, it was still nice to be able to play it with crisper graphics.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
The games I wanted to see remakes of have already been remade with variable degrees of success... I second the Majora's Mask suggestion, though. It's unfair that OoT gets a remake yet MM doesn't.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
There was a remake of NFS Hot Pursuit, but no Underground remake? :(

Need for Speed Underground was among my most played games as a kid, just the thought of tuning up your car, then taking it out against the best of competition was great. I don't even mind Underground 3, maybe a HD revamp will do.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I'm hoping that they'll make a Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask remake. I really love that game; sooo glorious~ I've played loads of remakes before, like Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD remake, etc, which I do love the improved cell shading graphics!

I saw some HD gifs of major as mask the other day and they looked very well done so you might be a happy gamer soon.

I'm not into remakes since I enjoy those games for the nostalgia but if its one of those early 3D model games that looked a bit choppy then sides.

Diablo II and I mean just a HD remake nothing else blizzard you screwed us over with III and I won't be falling for your crap again with those shocking patches to WoW.

TY

Need for Speed Underground was among my most played games as a kid, just the thought of tuning up your car, then taking it out against the best of competition was great. I don't even mind Underground 3, maybe a HD revamp will do.

Yes... i want a remake of Underground... I understand EA wants to go back to their original concept, but the Underground series made NFS so popular.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
All of the Motherames
Battletoads
The original Sonic games on the Sega Genesis
Turbo Race
Majora's Mask and A Link to the Past on 3DS
The original TMNT games. Those were way better than the games today.
Some of the original Final Fantasies for WiiU would be interesting.

TouretteUnicorn

Professionally unprofessional
Years
Resident Evil 2-3 + Code Veronica + Outbreak remake in the format of Resident Evil for the gamecube.
Star Wars Battlefront 2.
Halo 2.
Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2 / Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Oh man, a Majora's Mask remake for the 3DS sounds great! I have yet to play OoT 3D, though.

But the one thing I want most is a FFVII remake! I know, I know, Square's most likely never going to go through with it, but it's just something I've really been hoping for.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd really like to see a remake of Need for Speed: Most Wanted. Not talking about the one developed by Criterion Games; I'm talking about the one made by EA Black Box. xD That game was all-around fantastic! The story made you get sucked into the game pretty easily, the cutscenes were exciting to watch, and I loved how they had the free-roaming aspect. If they remade NFS: MW with better graphics and an enhanced storyline, then it'd be totally awesome. I would buy it for sure. (: If possible, I would like to see a Super Mario Sunshine remake as well. They could have it released for the 3DS, maybe?

Last edited:

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years

Underground had a sequel that was much better than the first game, although I have several complaints about car balance. Generally speaking, EA screwed some cars like Subaru Impreza and boosted others like the Corolla you can buy at the beginning of the game. Online was boring since everyone drove Corollas.

I'd really like to see a remake of Need for Speed: Most Wanted. Not talking about the one developed by Criterion Games; I'm talking about made by EA Black Box. xD That game was all-around fantastic! The story made you get sucked into the game pretty easily, the cutscenes were exciting to watch, and I loved how they had the free-roaming aspect. If they remade NFS: MW with better graphics and an enhanced storyline, then it'd be totally awesome. I would buy it for sure. (: If possible, I would like to see a Super Mario Sunshine remake as well. They could have it released for the 3DS, maybe?

My favorite NFS.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
People screaming for a Majora's Mask remake but I'm sitting here just asking for the original NES game remake. That game has a lot of archaic design elements and doesn't hold up as well as Super Mario Bros does.

I also really want an F-Zero GX remake with online, a couple of more tracks and AX stuff (or hell an AX mode without the need for rare Action Replay discs >_>). I'd prefer that more than a new F-Zero game because GX is pretty much perfect, it could just use those additions, particularly online. Kinda baffles me a game like Wind Waker gets a remake (that doesn't even fix its previous problems) when F-Zero GX deserves it way more.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
People screaming for a Majora's Mask remake but I'm sitting here just asking for the original NES game remake. That game has a lot of archaic design elements and doesn't hold up as well as Super Mario Bros does.
I dunno, I think that Zelda 1 holds up extraordinarily well for what it is. The secrets, the sense of exploration and adventure, and the structure of the game itself couldn't really be upheld in a remake. It could be made more convenient, but I'm pretty sure that the BS version did that.

I'm not saying they couldn't make a 3D remake in more of a sprawling world, that could be interesting, but what makes Zelda 1 not only a classic but a legend is its structure and mechanical setup that I think, if there were to be yet another remake, especially in a Wii U/3DS age, it wouldn't really be a Zelda 1 remake so much as a new game with the same, albeit modified, story.

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2014
I know people will hate me for this, but Sonic and The Secret Rings was meant to be a port of it, but dammit, Sonic 06 had potential. If they could fix the glitches, tweak character mechanics and level design, and fix some of the problems with the story, it could be a good game. But I doubt Sega ever wants to look at that game again, so it won't happen.

For less controversial choices, I always 3D remakes of NES games would be cool. Maybe a Mega Man game. Extra content could include other playable characters, concept art, and maybe multiplayer and an option to turn charged shots on or off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back