• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi and router-related help

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
Hey, I recently bought the Nintendo WiFi USB Adapter, but I can't get it to work. I was able to install it fine, with no trouble. However, whenever I have the Adapter's connection on, I can't connect to the internet. My Wii can connect to the Adapter, but my PC loses its ability to access the internet. If I turn the connection off, I can connect to the internet, but the Adapter is turned off, meaning my Wii can't connect to it at all. Can anyone help me or tell me what to do?

Comp Specs:
P4 CPU 3 GHz
1 GB RAM

Znale

Disturbed Morphing Jar
Years
There's a really weird thing that has been annoying me for a while now.

It's when I try the Wi-Fi Connection in the WFC Settings, it works perfectly.
But, when I try to log in to the GTS or the Wi-Fi in general in my Pokémon Diamond, it doesn't work, although I get three bars of signal. What is this all about?

Oh, some code that says (20100) appears under the "For help, check the..." text, but everything seems fine according to the Error Code shizzle at nintendowifi.com. So, what is this?!

If you need more info to solve this, just ask.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2012
My wireless router stop working while ago the light won't com on and it says USB device not recognized onw of the USb devices attached to the computer has Malfuncition it my second router it acting like the first one I had. Also when I have a acess point with two or three signal bars and I test it connection it won't work.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
My wireless router stop working while ago the light won't com on and it says USB device not recognized onw of the USb devices attached to the computer has Malfuncition it my second router it acting like the first one I had. Also when I have a acess point with two or three signal bars and I test it connection it won't work.

I believe I had a similar problem. Try turning off your Firewall during installation and while you're trying to connect. Of course, don't forget to turn it back on when you're finished.

Znale

Disturbed Morphing Jar
Years
I had a Question that is REALLY bugging me. I keep getting "Error code # 52000 Unable to Obtain IP Address" Ive been doing research on NintendoWiFi.com, but I come up with nothing. I have NO CLUE what to do, and it really bothers me... I have Wireless router, Ive got everything I should need Im sure... Anyone help?

You can check the routers IP and the Subnet Mask through the Internet address you used to install the router and its security settings (It should be displayed in the instrution booklet of the security settings for the router). Then just enter them manually to your DS and it should work. If it doesn't, then there's some device that uses some wireless communication system that is "blocking the path", such as a cordless phone. And nintendowifi.com actually helps, you just need to know where to search. =P

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
Years
More details, please? Your computer is running, but you need to reset your router to connect? What happens when you reboot your computer? What if you disconnect your DS and try to reconnect?

NidoKang

Bow down to the King
Years
Wi Fi issue

Does anyone use the Wi-Fi USB connector?? If so..do you have it working with Vista? Cant get mine to work.

I posted in this section because its the DS section. If im wrong for doing so. close it and ill search else were.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
As long as you've installed the disk it should work :)

NidoKang

Bow down to the King
Years
The problem iv been getting is after its all installed and everything and its on the last and final step, It says to Enter the WiFi USB connector again, And its already plugged in. So i replug it in, and it says "application error" and shuts down.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2008
I had the EXACT same problem with my USB. I went to future shop and bought a wireless router for 39.99. I didn't have to install any disks or anything, I just had to hook it up, which was child's play lol, and it worked straight off the bat.

You should get a wireless router they do wonders for online play, no wires needed! ^^ I use Windows XP, but the router I bought is compatable with Vista (just like all the other more expensive ones they were buying).
Just buy a cheap one and it will work. It works with the wii also.

Years
ok
i really dont have a clue about how to set up the wierless ness on ds

i dont know what a wep key is or how to get one i really dont know what i should be doing
is it worth while getting a usb adaptor?
if i get one will it connect me straight away or will i need to fiddle with it?

please i really need loads of help...

Gloomy

Edit!
my Wii is now connected yay!! and i can now battle online!
now i need my DS on the wifi and im cool!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2008
my freind code doesnt work with others on wifi many people have said that it doesnt work when they try it and ive checked over it and how ive typed it has this ever happened to anyone else

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
Years
My BIG problem that my Nintendo WiFi USB Doesnt work.
It can find the USB but when it goes to connection Test it fails and Error Code 52103 comes up, ive un-installed it and re-installed it with McAffe Fire wall or the hole McAffe it self off or even keep it on, and it was working fine couple days ago only now it stars to go like this, yes ive had this problem before but now ive had it for 3-4 days non stop, and i really want to trade Pokemon so what can I do.
If anyone can help me out I will be greatfull and friends forever hehe

Cheers

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Ughhhhh

Well my Wifi USB connector has been fine ever since ive had it (since August). However The past week when ive wanted to battle/trade, it lets me get onto the place where you accept or invite battles and trades, but when either me or my battle/trade partner wants to accept/invite it just disconnects me or them. Its strange because it lets me do trades on the GTS.

Do you think i should buy another one ?

And Id appreciate if someone could shed some light onto this.

Last edited:

Olz.

The Magic Auroa
Years
If it says: A Communication error as occured

Remove all cell phones/mobiles and make sure the microwave isn't on. They scrable siganls. It helped me! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back