• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TAMERS: STREAM [OOC+SU] (M)

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Eh... I guess you get what I mean xD
Yeah... RP Sample or whatevs :p By the way, I'm done with that, and only the History is left :D
I became inspired out of seemingly nowhere xD ... Not that it's that good, if any good, but... yeah o3o

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Yes, do watch it. :D Is good~ and creepy.

Well, if you guys are worried that they aren't good, you have plenty of time to make them more awesome. XD I think they are all looking fine so far

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
That sounds fair. You never know when a digimon that is "theoretically impossible to defeat" due to "his powers [having] improved to their utmost limits," added to the fact "he has obtained the 'Omega Inforce' ability that allows him to read the opponent's movements," could be needed. As long as the repercussion is equally as strong, which the whole being downgraded to baby 1 for the rest of the episode would definitely fulfill that requirement.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Well, there's still the whole "surprise attack" thing. The battle scenario could be difficult to work with. So, if that feels fair to everyone, go for it.

Colony

Years
If Omnimon X is a bit too OP for everyone, then I'm more than fine to go back to Dynasmon X. I just like the edgier look of the X-Antibody digimon, but I really don't know how knowing what to expect can prevent you from being damaged by some of those crazy all-encompassing attacks, such as Ancient Mermaimon's attacks.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I think it could cause a lot of : OH CRAP moments for those attacks that can't be dodged.

Chalifoux

Years
I'M FINISHED *dies in peace at last*
Well, not quite. Still gotta tweak some stuff here and there before you look at SUs, but I know have a rough skeleton of what my SU would look like. Said tweaks will mostly be for the History section as I feel it's somewhat lacking of... pretty much everything that could make it a good History section...

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
I had always thought that every mega-level Digimon was horrifically overpowered, which in the end meant that every single one of them was balanced. I'm sure WarGreymon for example would be able to put up a fight against AncientMermaimon if the battle ever occurred. It all depends on how willing the players would be to be sensible about the power levels of Digimon.

Also, I'm just finishing off this lovely roleplay post and I'll get straight onto my character for this roleplay. I'm looking forward to creating him/her/it!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I just assume that all Adult levels stand a chance against each other, all Perfect levels do and so on, while a Perfect might have a hard time battling an Ultimate alone.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Yep Red, barring those non-combat focused leveled Digimon, like say: Pucchiemon. They would have more trouble being on equal footing, but they could pull out a win if they tried.

Grif, that's true in the show, to a point. Like, if they had Huanglongmon in Xros Wars as powerful as he is, the protagonist probably would have died. No joke. He is a god level Digimon. I think Savers was the most realistic about the level thing... despite all the punching.

And awesome guys! All of you! I look forward to reading them all.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
I know that certain Mega level Digimon would be more powerful than other Mega level Digimon, but I think that as long as the players are sensible and know that they're not supposed to have ridiculously overpowered partners then it should all be fine.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Yep! I kind of figured that. I kept the Olympus Twelve allowed specifically for that reason. When it gets up to the Ultimate level, that sort of thing gets real tricky to work with.

Colony

Years
Well, like it was mentioned I just assumed that having a really strong (comparatively to others on its level) digimon would result in a significant increase in backlash, not to mention the more difficult path to get there. Uhm, I guess I could use T.K. and Patamon as an example of this. It took them significantly longer to achieve the Angemon digivolution and it only lasted moments before Angemon reverted to an egg. So, in my case there would be this really strong Omnimon X, but chances are it would take Rhodey a lot longer to even get that digivolution for Mistymon, added on to the fact he wouldn't be able to maintain it as long, and it would result in the massive setback of being reduced to baby 1 level.

This is just my opinion, but I would be very surprised if a WarGreymon could handle something like an Apocalymon, AncientMermaimon, or Omnimon (well, Omnimon is a combination of WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon, so yeah). The Mega/Ultimate level is tricky, mostly due to the additions of DNA digivolve and a handful of other circumstantial digivolutions. Though, the bonus for WarGreymon, I would imagine, would be that it can maintain its Mega/Ultimate status longer than some of the aforementioned digimon, and the backlash probably wouldn't be as bad.

Off-Topic: Anybody else having server issues at the moment?

YogiOne

Fantasy Dreamer
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
My opinion on the matter is that even if two mega level digimon were to fight there would be no guarantee at all that the battle would be even or competitive just because they are both at the same level. I say this because there are generally some mega level digimon who are going to be miles ahead of some others my example here would be two fully evolved level 100 pokemon; stats wise one of them is going to be stronger than the other. Even then any mega might have a chance against another, depending on strategy, willpower and basic drive to win the fight.

In terms of and ultimate level facing a mega level, that is a more complicated matter and would depend on the two digimon in question. A digimon like WarGrowlmon who was essential designed and created for combat would be able to hold its own against Eaglemon or Goldnumemon for example.

Colony

Years
Real quick question. Are we gonna address how we get our digimon in the RP, or should/could we do it in the sample post?

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
It shall be addressed in the RP. :D

@Elite: who already wrote his RP sample not knowing that, you can keep it as it was if you want to, and just change it for the RP when the IC goes up. :D

My bad guys XD

Colony

Years
But foreshadowing is a go, right? I noticed what you did in your sample post, hmph cash register spazzing out.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Yep foreshadowing is definitely a go~ XD Don't forget the MP3 player mishap.

Chalifoux

Years
@Fuyu: o-o It's okay, I'll change it. I actually have to because I changed of Digimon again and stuff, so don't worry it only took me 2 and a half days to finish it, besides, there are still 5 days left before we hit the 20th, I think...

Pafumon for the win! ~~~ o3o

Back