• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon World Tournamet wins

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
How many wins have you obtained in the PWT and what tournaments do you participate in (Mix, Rental, the different region ones, even download tournaments)? The first one doesn't count (as in the "tutorial" on how it works)

So far, i have 2 wins.

1. for Mix

2. for Unova gym leaders

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
  • 1 Kanto Tournament Win
  • 1 Johto Tournament Win
  • 1 Hoenn Tournament Win
  • 1 Sinnoh Tournament Win
  • 1 Unova Tournament Win
  • 10 World Leaders Tournament Wins
  • 1 Champions Tournament Win

(I only did it for the trainer card upgrade.)

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
I can't stop playing this thing. Right now I finished the following..and still counting...

Driftveil: 2
Unova: 6
Kanto: 1
Johto: 1
Hoenn: 1
Sinnoh: 1
World: 13
Champion: 4
Dragon Type Expert: 1
Mix: 1

Ok..now going back to get another win in the Champion Tournament :3

#isthenumbersign
Years
I thought World leaders was going to be the champions, but I was disappointed to find out that'd I'd have to face the gym leaders another 10 times. -.-

1 Kanto Tournament Win
1 Johto Tournament Win
1 Hoenn Tournament Win
1 Sinnoh Tournament Win
1 Unova Tournament Win
6 World Leaders Tournament Wins

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
So far I've won the Unova Leaders tournament twice (don't ask xD I accidentally chose to do it again), the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh leaders once and the World Leaders three times. :D Going for dem Champions, yo'. xD But yeah, it's a pretty amazing feature imo (much better than the awful Battle Subway :\) and I'm really enjoying it so far. <3 :D

Valvatorez

Prinny Instructor
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
Thus far, I've beaten all of the Gym Leader tournaments, the World Masters tournament twice, the two Mix tournaments, and the Rental tournament. I swear that the Rental Masters tournament is rigged to make it impossible to win; I've never had any useable rentals, and I've had things like Rhyperior or Blissey thrown in my face. The one time I get a useable team and start with a Tyranitar, I get destroyed in the first round with a Mienshao. God, it's made me so angry.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Driftveil: 5
Unova: 2

It doesn't help my case that I've been using things like Furret.

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Just made it to the Champions Tournament! I am so Happy! Got my ass handed to me by Red in a Rotation Battle...

The guy is using a Pikachu. Raichu is at least an average Pokemon. Pikachu isn't fully evolved. You can boost its defences with evolite, or double its attacks with Light Ball. That does not change the fact that I can OHKO him with any attack. (P.S. Don't believe the Anime Lies - Raichu is faster!)

Now that my Rant is over...

OMG! RED! RED! RED! OMG! IT IS AN HONOR TO LOSE TO YOU SIR!

Ice Car

Banned
Years
52 Wins.

I have like 4-8 wins in Kanto-Unova Tournaments, 12 in World Leaders, 5 in Champions, and 8 in Rental Masters. I spent a lot of time doing this.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
... ... ...I'm pretty much (almost) the only one here to have never beaten the World Leaders Tournament... ... ...Seriously, I couldn't beat the Leaders, even with pretty strong Pokemon... ... ...The Pokemon are Japanese Event Pokemon...Yeah, I had to use those, because I couldn't win with my in-game team. And I never win with them too! So it's just the same...Nevertheless, I'll just say the wins. I've won at every tournament for once excluding the World Leaders Tornadus Tournament (Ehehe...see what I did there? xD)...the Rental Master Thundurus Tournament (Again? xD)...and all Type Masters Tournaments...

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years
... ... ...I'm pretty much (almost) the only one here to have never beaten the World Leaders Tournament... ... ...Seriously, I couldn't beat the Leaders, even with pretty strong Pokemon... ... ...The Pokemon are Japanese Event Pokemon...Yeah, I had to use those, because I couldn't win with my in-game team. And I never win with them too! So it's just the same...Nevertheless, I'll just say the wins. I've won at every tournament for once excluding the World Leaders Tornadus Tournament (Ehehe...see what I did there? xD)...the Rental Master Thundurus Tournament (Again? xD)...and all Type Masters Tournaments...
You must be pretty bad then, no offense, or just have poor type coverage. All you need to do is bring a team focused primarily on power and sweeping and you'll have an easy time.

dragonnathan025

Pokemon Breeder
Years
I've only beaten the mandatory beginning tournament (I don't think anyone's ever lost that one, even with Colress' early use of Steel types who normally resist a lot of early-game stuff). Anyway, I'm in the process of training up, after I do that, I'll be participating in the tournaments. I did manage to beat the Kanto leaders once, though, using my post-Elite Four in-game team.

Nes-One

Another Person Into Pokemon
Years
Besides the mandatory tournament, I won the Unova Leader Tournament once and I won the Mixed Triple Battle Tournament 4 times, trying to use a different mix of teams instead of my usual team that I take with me to at least me it a bit interesting when I do. Only really competing in the tournaments just to rack up bp so that I can get the ev enhancing items.

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
I loooooove the PWT.
It's fast, it's a bit of a challenge, and it gives a reasonable amount of BP. What's not to love?
I planned on restarting my game once I got some stuff out of it, so, even though I said to myself "ok, let's just play it a couple of times" so far I got 29 wins :D 11 for worlds, and 8 for champions, the rest, 1-2 each....man, this thing is addictive.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Um, well, the download tourneys were too strong since my Pokemon were NU and they were facing OU mons and weren't even properly trained, but I won Unova's & one Driftveil. Kind of wish for more BP from those, but owell.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
I love battling the Mix Tournaments in Double format and Unova leaders in Triple format. Those are the 2 tournaments I love best because there's no limit to who you use. I did had a tough time defeating my Celebi but I pulled in a good win. The only 2 Pokemon I lost to were my Dragonite and Feraligatr. Trust me, if you don't pick a good team to cover your defense, your Pokemon might turn the tables on you if picked by your opponent.

Back