• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite & least favourite Pokemon of the 5th Gen?

Years
I like Serperior and Boldore a lot.

I can't remember their names, but there are two half-flying type pokemon that take FOREVER to evolve.. and those are probably the only ones I hate so far.

You mean Rufflet and Vullaby.

But yeah, design-wise I have to say that alongside the Oshawott line I also adore the Vanillite line for being cute and based on an ice-cream. There's just something I love about those Ice-types, even though their movepool is a bit lacking they do have impressive stats. Also, when I first saw Gothitelle I underestimated it at first, but its cry sounding like the Psycho shower music made me love it. Then I used one on my team, and it made an amazing member. I was even impressed by Jellicent's good capabilities in battle, I often switch the movesets on my two Jellicent so I can try both defensive and offensive sets. Unova had such impressive Pokemon that really showed potential for me.

Volcarona was another one I tried out, and it actually did a good job with Quiver Dance. Same goes for Lilligant, I thought she was terrible due to her shallow movepool but at least she has the stats. Darmanitan and Emboar were also heavy hitters and I have to say, the Fire Pokemon in Unova are pretty tough, which was something I was always looking for in Fire-types. Whimsicott is also a good threat on the defensive spectrum with all those status moves to abuse Prankster.

The only ones I particularly hated were the Trubbish line and Stunfisk. Their designs were just gross.

But I have to say each of the starters really went with my playing style, despite what most people think about them. I've heard of people ditching their starter cos of bad stats but I worked in sync with them well, especially the Oshawott line due to being able to run mixed sets. This was apparently why the Oshawott line became my favorites.

Last edited:

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I can't remember their names, but there are two half-flying type pokemon that take FOREVER to evolve.. and those are probably the only ones I hate so far.

Rufflet/Bravairy and Vullaby/Mandibuzz?

Anyway, competitively Volcarona has been used heavily on my team lately! Its great with Quiver Dance and Fiery Dance, I can inflict massive damage. But actually, I run a defensive set. 240 HP, 216 Def and 50 Spe. When people don't have a counter and just have to slowly wipe away my health, I have Roost to meake her a real pain. Real great Pokemon.

Years
Let's see...

For favorites, Golurk is/was awesome. Awesome design, awesome ability (not talking about you klutz) and awesome moves. It was the strongest pokemon on my team when I used it. And who doesn't like a giant robot who can fly. I mean, come on!

Another pokemon I really liked was Leavanny. I love bug and grass types, and my Leavanny was really strong! And then a damn Stoutland killed her. :(

Which brings me to my next favorite, Stoutland! I love how it hits like a train, and it's one of the first pokemon you can get when starting off the game. It's so strong, learns some awesome moves, and is just overall amazing!

As for ones that I hate... to be honest, I don't really hate any pokemon. I kind of respect them all, because I've learned that many are better than I thought they would be. That being said, I'm not a very big fan of Zebstrika. I found it to be surprisingly weak, which was annoying. I also have a vendetta against Sigilyphs. Because they always make my pokemon faint! And that makes me really want to use one someday!

BLOOOD-La-ti-

This is the place to try!
Years
I say Braviary and Zekrom.

Braviary is like beast.A very awesome beast.
And Zekrom is just so cool.

My least favorite are Minccino and Cinccino,Trubbish and Garbodor.

They just suck.
One of the worst pokemon of all gens.

Valvatorez

Prinny Instructor
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
My favourites...Lilligant and Volcarona. I love the designs for both - Lilligant is a more elegant and less painfully cutesy version of Bellossom, which I also like, and Volcarona is Mothra in Pokemon form, and it's quite a powerhouse as well. Sigilyph is quite a fun wacky thing that I liked as well, if only for how different it is.

As for my least favourites...everything else, if I'm honest. I didn't really care for the fifth generation on the whole; the designs weren't really any worse than any past gen, but they just didn't click for me, and I was indifferent to most of them. Picking out one I disliked any more than the others would be difficult, because I was apathetic to pretty much everything else.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Did anyone forget how CUTE Cubchoo is?!
I mean look at the little creature and fall in love! :D

It is cute!! But... that thing hanging from its nose isn't very appealing... :( Minus that it'd rival Teddiursa for sure!

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
For me Gothitelle, Lilligant, and Golurk. Gothitelle was a better Pokemon than I expected, the variety of moves, plus learning powerful moves at a low level. I loved using mine. Lilligant is pretty, and has good moves as well. I usually am not a grass type fan, but this one was just perfect. Golurk can fly, and is definately my favorite ground type.

My least favorite is Snivy. I tried using him once, hated his moveset, really. I thik he's ok, but I don't think he's good for battle.

Years
Gothitelle was a better Pokemon than I expected, the variety of moves, plus learning powerful moves at a low level.

Yeah, I had the same experience here. I underestimated the Gothitelle line at first but it actually did a good job for my team thanks to getting Psybeam right off the bat. It even gets Psychic not too late of a level and Gothitelle's cry reminds me of Psycho.

Its Frisk ability combined with Thief was helpful when hunting items. I was actually proud of my Gothitelle and it quickly became a favorite for me.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
My least favorite is Snivy. I tried using him once, hated his moveset, really. I thik he's ok, but I don't think he's good for battle.

Yeah I'm not a fan of Snivy. I've used Serperior in-game and it wasn't as great compared to the other two starters, plus I really dislike its name, which I have since the start lmao. Then there's design wise... it's just the least appealing (its whole evolution line, that is!)

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years

Either way, my favourite was Herdier partially because of the design/partially because of how it sounds as well as partially because it was a dog, lol. Everything about it is awesome tbh.

Really? In my opinion, them placing a dog as a pokémon was pretty thoughtless. You can notice the little effort they put into the fifth generation.

So it is kind of hard for me to name my favourite fifth gen pokémon, but I have to say I found several of them a little cute, like Whimiscott, Audino and Minccino. Oh, and Serperior. He was cool.
My least favourite have to be Cofagrigus, Tirtouga and Vullaby.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I haven't even set foot in Unova yet, but I've studied up on the Pokemon lol.

I really like Foongus, it's kinda cute. Amoongus on the other hand...

Crygonal (spelling?) didn't look very appealing to me. Another ice Pokemon made of what, ice? What a surprise. ;P

Konvict

Embrace The End
Years
Favorites..?

Lilligant, oh so much. She's the only permanent member of my current lineup who's from Gen V (the other one from Gen V, Hydreigon, I sometimes switch out). Hell, I like to think of her as the team mom. Hydreigon for that matter isn't bad, and I tend to partner him up with my Garchomp whenever I do PWT. Zoroark isn't bad either, even if he's a bit too squishy for my tastes.

Unfavorites..? Basculin (even MORE common than Magikarp, who could at least evolve into something usable), Watchog ('nuff said), Druddigon (same), Garbodor (everyone else already said it) and Foongus/Amoongus (Y U PARALYZE/POISON MY GIBLE D8<)

Adore

Party.
Years
Whimsicott has to be my favorite. I always catch one for my 5th generation playthroughs. Prankster and Stun Spore have helped me out a lot against Gym Leaders and even the Elite Four. Not to mention it's extremely cute.

My least favorites were originally the Klink family. I thought they were unimaginative and ugly. Then, ironically, the first Shiny I encountered in Black 2 was a shiny Klink. Since then I've warmed up to them.

So now my least favorite is Alomomola. I'm very disappointed that it didn't turn out to be a Luvdisc evolution. :/

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Favourites would have to be Foongus and Sewaddle, I freaking love both of those Pokémon so much <3 They're so cute and adorable and quirky and omg I want them. Sewaddle evolves into such a cool and powerful Pokémon whilst still remaining rather cute and incredibly quirky whereas Foongus - well, just look carefully at it's animated sprite and you'll see exactly why I love it so much lmao. As for least favourites, hmm... Cryogonal, Pansear, Panpour, Klink, Klang, Klinklang, Crustle, Accelgor, Shelmet, Vanillite, Vanillish, Vanilluxe, Chandalure, Throh, Sawk, Genesect, Meloetta, Oshawott, Patrat, Watchog, Stoutland, Frillish, Basculin, Alomomola, etc etc etc. Basically I wasn't a fan of most Gen V Pokémon. xD

Years
I honestly liked almost all of the fifth gen pokemon.

My favorites are Druddigon (obvi), Serperior, Braviary, Krookodile, Scrafty, Carracosta, Vanilluxe and Stoutland.

Honorable mentions go to Terrakion, Landorus, Reuniclus, and Gothitelle (for the wicked cry).

Least favorites are only three: Emolga, Seismitoad, and Kyurem (regular form).

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2013
My favorites would be Zebstrika, Sawsbuck

My leasr favorite is that garbage pokrmon trubbish and his dvolution they're ugly

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
For me is a draw between Serperior and Volcarona for favorite.

For least favorite, I have to say Rogenrola family, Timburr family and Trhoh/Sawk. They're just terrible x:

Years
I was very happy with the 5th Generation and the whole game. Really liked how when the seasons changed, and they affected Deerling and Sawsbuck.
My favorites were: Druddigon, Axew-Haxorus, Samurott, Sawk, Zekrom, Reshiram, and Scrafty

Least Favorite: Trubbish ....o_O I was shocked when I first saw Trubbish in the game, strong defense!!

Back