• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Gold Trainer Re-Spriting

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
Hey everyone,

I figured I'd post these here, and get some opinions/thoughts on them, they're from a mod I'm working on:
SpriteCollection2_zps4cf9be54.png

Cul Rival (1st and 2nd form), and Hatsune Miku trainer backpic (which is not actually this bright, just the emulator makes her palette look lighter than it really is). You can see how much was changed since the Beta version of the Rival.

First BETA was done by me, I did some touch-ups. The hand was from someone in an irc by the name of _3dd13_

The Rival (Cul) was based off of this picture.

For the overworld sprite, the flag to switch the palette from the red set to the blue set was a single byte from 00 to 01, and I had to dig for it in the debugger (ASM code) to find the address for it, then changed it in ROM.

As seen here with the original:
BlueHeroSpriteOverworld_zpsa0f5830f.jpg

I think that's all for now, I will update this topic when I do more. Don't be afraid to offer improvements if you get any ideas, the backpic might need a touch-up, maybe.

I plan to change other Trainer, Gym Leader, or Elite Four sprites to Vocaloids... I think either the Gym Leaders or Elite Four will be Vocaloids.. I might make other Trainers/Gym Leaders video game characters, like Zelda characters for Johto or Kanto (Link, Saria, Malon, etc..) Impa could be Morty, stuff like that perhaps.

Last edited:
Back