• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Hey, guys. I have some more potential GBP Music for you guys to have a listen to.

Please let me know what you think of them, since your guys opinions will swing whether this does or doesn't go into LC! :D

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I've listened to HGSS' GBP tracks. I didn't really like their version of the tracks, so at first I didn't find GBP for LC worth it. However, as I watched your videos yesterday - they're way more accurate! Definitely would be awesome :)

I'll take that as a glowing recommendation of my work then? :D:D

(Also what about tracks that didn't exist in GSC? Like surf-night, orange island music, zelda credits, some RSE music which is used in this hack, etc)

With the mixes created by Magnius, we are asking him if he wants to do 8 bit mixes of them.
With the RSE music (and various other 16 bit music from other games), we probably won't create 8 bit versions of them, and will use the HGSS method of just using the 16 bit version.

The credits will (for the GBP version) be reverted to the ACTUAL GSC credits theme.

is linkzeld still working on this hack because i really love playing this and i want to continue on my journey though the orange islands

Yes. Bug fixing for the most part right now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2012
Hey,

Does anybody know where I can find the move tutor for Substitute in LC?

Thanks in advance!

FIQ

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
I'll take that as a glowing recommendation of my work then? :D:D

With the mixes created by Magnius, we are asking him if he wants to do 8 bit mixes of them.
With the RSE music (and various other 16 bit music from other games), we probably won't create 8 bit versions of them, and will use the HGSS method of just using the 16 bit version.

The credits will (for the GBP version) be reverted to the ACTUAL GSC credits theme.
Yes :P

About forcing 16-bit soundtracks in RSE places, wouldn't that feel a bit off? It's not like I want you to do more work than needed, but I just feel that. Also, HGSS added in 8-bit versions of tracks not existing in GSC -- for example, route 47/48, global terminal, and some places in Kanto which got the "correct" music inserted (Ceruelan for example).

If the long term plan however is removing the music from RSE (and the occasional music from other games) in favour of own tracks, then I guess making 8-bit tracks of it wouldn't make sense though :p

The remixes made by Magnius definitely should be done from him, though.

On a bit related note, have you thought of using HGSS' route 47/48 music as the music in Route 100? I have a feeling this would actually feel just right, both are kind of a last route, game-exclusive (not in GSC), and special in general. I feel that the music (the melody itself, using HGSS soundbank would possibly feel a bit wrong) would fit.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
i'm about to resume my gameplay of this hack by downloading the latest live beta, and my current team is: quilava lvl 32, shelgon lvl 30, pidgeotto lvl 26, eevee lvl 25, electrike lvl 25 and scyther lvl 23, and i'm at cianwood city for the 5th badge, but i'm pretty low leveled, any exp grinding place?, and also, i don't know if this was fixed, but, at cianwood city, in the house of the lady that tells every evolution method, now it says that pokemon evolve by breeding, and it happens to every pokemon i show to her....well, hope that i get a quick answer...
EDIT: should i evolve eevee into espeon or get ralts and evolve it into kirlia, and then into gardevoir?

Last edited:
Years
i'm about to resume my gameplay of this hack by downloading the latest live beta, and my current team is: quilava lvl 32, shelgon lvl 30, pidgeotto lvl 26, eevee lvl 25, electrike lvl 25 and scyther lvl 23, and i'm at cianwood city for the 5th badge, but i'm pretty low leveled, any exp grinding place?, and also, i don't know if this was fixed, but, at cianwood city, in the house of the lady that tells every evolution method, now it says that pokemon evolve by breeding, and it happens to every pokemon i show to her....well, hope that i get a quick answer...
EDIT: should i evolve eevee into espeon or get ralts and evolve it into kirlia, and then into gardevoir?
Comparing both Gardevoir is the best Bet with Higher Sp. Atk than Espeon

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Um.png

Was playing the newest Live Beta.

Just saying.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 8, 2013
I just saw that I have two bad eggs in one of my pokemon storage boxes that I didn't see before. Here it is:
Pokemon-LiquidCrystal.png

Any Ideas how this happen and I didn't use cheats and should I do with them?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I just saw that I have two bad eggs in one of my pokemon storage boxes that I didn't see before. Here it is:
Pokemon-LiquidCrystal.png

Any Ideas how this happen and I didn't use cheats and should I do with them?
I recommend omelettes...oh, wait. Wrong kind of Egg. :D

The best I can suggest is try to import some kind of Action Replay code to delete all Pokémon in a box and stick them in that box. I've seen an unedited clip of that working in one official Pokémon game. Just make sure only the Bad Eggs are in there if you try it. You can't release an Egg, even if it's bad, so it might be the only choice unless you find a cloning code and can use it to copy another Pokémon over top of it.

Bad Eggs can be the result of bugs, so it might also help to know when they appeared and what you did between your last visit to the PC and your actually getting them.

The codes? No idea. I don't even recommend using codes, but in cases like this it seems feasible. I should research these for each official game in the 3rd gen.

EDIT: Here's another option. Mew in Box 1, Slot 1. If Mew is another Pokémon in this hack, it could be something else with the code, so I cannot guarantee results especially since this is a LeafGreen code (but hey, HG and SS share codes I've found, so maybe FR/LG do too). Video below shows a good demonstration.

Here's the Youtube link and it has a link to the code.

(MODS: If my posting this code is not within forum guidelines, please leave it temporarily to see if it works in the hack to allow Drakasshadow to remove his Bad Eggs. That's what I'm trying to do here, not promote cheating. I plan to remove the code later after Drakasshadow confirms he's tried it, and the rest of this post will remain.)

Cyclone

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
@Drakasshadow+Cyclone: No, no, no. Don't ever think of removing Bad Eggs!
Bad Eggs are bad but as long as they are in box and you don't do something with them, they don't do harm (they did not hatch, so they cannot xD) so just leave them there and don't care ;)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 8, 2013
I did the suicune quest and capture her. While on the new island, I capture some 3 gen pokemon that were all female, every wild pokemon was female except for the genderless pokemon. Then I save it and quit. Then I load the save game up on another day. Want to evolve eevee into an espeon but she didn't evolve. So I went to the lady talking about evolve but she said about she only evolve though breeding. So I breed her but still got the same line and two male eevees. That when I discovered the bad eggs. I check again the bad eggs disappear after I load the game from when I save after my eggs hatch.

FIQ

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
Don't talk with the evolution seer in Cianwood. The script doesn't work properly (tells that everything evolves just by breeding), and spawn 2 bad eggs in box 2, at the 28th and 29th place. If you had pokémon there before, the eggs will look just like normal eggs, but if you didn't have any pokémon in there, they will still be there, but invisible and even more unstable. Hopefully the pokémon you had there wasn't important for you, or essential for completing pokédex.

Bad Eggs can be removed this way assuming you haven't any backup (the best way of removing bad eggs is to just go back to an earlier save):
* Move the bad eggs to an empty box at the rightmost place in the box
* Press select to get the yellow hand
* From the right bad egg, hold, and go left until you get both the eggs and a empty spot in the hand
* Place the bad eggs
That should remove them.

Eevee evolves to espeon/umbreon on max happines. Getting max happines can be a bit tediious -- see http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Happiness#Generation_III for how it works exactly

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2023
Bug Report

Move Tutors can teach Pokemon moves they can't learn

E.G. the Overheat Tutor can teach Poliwag and Heracross Overheat, the Dragon Claw tutor can teach Heracross Dragon Claw.

Also the description for Dragon claw is the description for Headbutt

Back