• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Dragons' Plight (OOC/SU) (M)

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Firstly, oh my god, such old dragons! Yer all grandmamas and grandpapas!

Secondly, we need more girly dragons. We only have one so far!

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Sorry if it sounds like I'm imposing, but I'm just wondering why someone in a medieval setting would be carrying a Japanese weapon (a katana, too; the naginata's a helluva lot cooler) instead of a zweihänder, longsword or pike or something. >_>

Egh, feudal Japan still existed in a fairly similar time period, so it's not that far-fetched. Besides, medieval is probably referring more to the rough level of technology they have. Even then, you can play as Japan in Age of Empires, they have katanas in Baldur's Gate, it's not too unusual.

As a side note: WHY IS THE WORD ZWEIHÄNDER SO COOL? IT'S AMAZING.

@SB - Meh, it seemed old to me, but supposedly Arima is middle-aged or something. I guess with dragons being so old, it's more-or-less just a set maturity after a while...

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Egh, feudal Japan still existed in a fairly similar time period, so it's not that far-fetched. Besides, medieval is probably referring more to the rough level of technology they have. Even then, you can play as Japan in Age of Empires, they have katanas in Baldur's Gate, it's not too unusual.

As a side note: WHY IS THE WORD ZWEIHÄNDER SO COOL? IT'S AMAZING.

There's still the fact that katanas are structurally weaker by design than their European counterparts; they're little more than a stylistic choice when other weapons are an option. You have magic to make it super-sharp and able to cut other swords, but then you're just killing all the fun and romanticism of sword fights. Other Japanese weapons are still cooler, too. (⌐■_■)

Zweihänder is just fun to say. A lot of German is fun to say. Backpfeifengesicht, for example. Just say it out loud, it's really fun.

Years
@WooliestSteam1 and Mortalis - Your characters are accepted c:

And, we have enough characters to get started, yes, you may post in the IC thread c: Dragons will, primarily, start separate whilst the Dragon Slayers will have just now slain the first dragon of their 'crusade'. That is, if there are no objections ^^"

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Decided to go ahead an make a dragon. It's not the dragon that attacked my town as I stated which I may do in my previous post, I felt like that would just cause complications so I decided to stay away from that.

[CSS-DIV="background-color: #96C7EB; background: transparent url('http://l.rgbimg.com/cache1nCF6A/users/w/we/weirdvis/600/mh1AXVI.jpg'); padding: 15px; border: solid; border-color: #000000; border-width: 1px; text-align: left; width: 500px;"]

Kargen

Name: Kargen♀

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Appearance in human form:
Spoiler:

History: Growing up, Kargen was a small, aggressive little dragon. She rarely ever listened to anyone's advice and tried to do everything her way. Her father taught her the skills necessary to survive such as hunting, fighting, flying and how to avoid the humans as much as possible. Her father was equally head strong but possessed a lot more knowledge and experience than the young dragon.

Kargen's father taught her of the hatred towards the dragons from the humans. He taught her that the humans see dragons as giant flying demons that only bring death and destruction. Her father also explained that while there may be dragons that revel in the death and agony of others, not all dragons are like that but the humans don't see it that way. The humans believe that all dragons are evil and must be destroyed. Her father finally told her to avoid the humans as much as possible and to not meddle or take an interest in their affairs, for they will simple attack you the minute they see you.

Kargen's father followed an ancient tradition passed down to him in which the parents of a newly born dragon must flee the nest and allow the younger dragon to grow up on its own. Kargen mourned for weeks, yearning for the return of her parents but alas, they never came back. Kargen now had to use her training in order to survive but without the watchful eye of her father to guide her.

The memories of her parents became too much for the young dragon so she fled the nest in order to live far away from her home. She kept flying as far away from her home as she could until she arrived at a region called Havenedge. Kargen flew up into a high mountain range in the southern region, the warmer climate being an instant plus to Kargen. She settled in a large cave near the top of the mountain which was high above the lands below. The entrance is almost impossible for any human to discover due to the sheer drop right outside the cave entrance. Kargen flew inside and rested, never to return for many, many years.

Almost 600 years later, Kargen has finally awoken from her slumber and is ready to head out. She knows little of this land and its people. Will they be different than the people back home? Do they accept the dragons here? Are there other dragons? Kargen had many questions, but whether they were true or not, only time would tell.

Personality: Kargen is still a very young, inexperienced dragon. Having to grow up all by herself has made her strong for her age but also very reckless. Kargen knows she is strong and will often let this go to her head whenever she engages in combat by rushing in and trying to take on everyone at once. While she respects dragons which are older than her she has little faith in their 'wisdom' and 'traditions' as the last tradition/bit of wisdom that was bestowed upon her left her with no parents. Aside from this Kargen is a pleasant and reserved dragon when she is with someone else and when there is no threat from the humans, although she can be very cranky when her sleep is interrupted by someone.

Powers/Abilities: Kargen possesses a much higher flame breath ability than other dragons which can do the same. Kargen grew up in a volcanic area with her mother and father and soon became accustomed to the immense heat of the volcano so because of this her flame ability is much more developed than other dragons. She can shoot her flames in a solid stream, as a wide cone or by focusing really hard she will become alight with flames, spewing all the way across her body. Coupling this ability with her razor sharp claws can yield some devastating effects. Also because of this ability, she has a much higher tolerance to heat than other dragons, be it from a human or perhaps another dragon with similar abilities. The downside to this is that Kargen is rarely seen in cold regions as her abilities are much weaker when in a cold climate.

In her human form, she can still create fire and still has a much higher heat tolerance than others but on a much smaller scale. For example she can shoot a small fire ball from her hands that will light a fire but she cannot breathe fire while in human form.

Other: Nopity Nope

[/div]​

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years
I'm looking a little lonely in the IC thread guys :D Someone join me. Well not right now because I have to burst out of the prison but someone else post.

@WooliestSteam1: I feel like your Dragon is aiming for mines lol. Heat tolerance? Maybe they can be friends instead.

Anyway, I have my signup for my Dragon Slayer up and ready to go. Take a look and let me know what you guys think.

Dragon Slayer

Name: Wyot ( brave will or brave desire) | Leonard Adema
Appearance:
Spoiler:

History:
Spoiler:

Personality: Calm and pleasant, Leonard rarely deals in the darker side of humanity. It should be noted that he hates making decisions that involves the lives of others, as he finds the thought of another's life going array because of him utterly horrifying. He however, does try his best to continue onward, to fight for what he believes to be right and is willing to bear the burdens that may ensue behind him. His strength spawns from his past and nagging feeling in his chest. A feeling that thumps at his heart constantly and reminds him of his duties to the land.

When adorned in the armor of the ancients or taking on the persona of Wyot, Leonard becomes very recluse and mysterious. He speaks little (less than he usually does, at least) and lets the sounds of battle speak for him. He appears in a flash of dark green and disappears under the smoke of his final blow. Though he tries to keep the two separate, he occasionally lets his inner Leonard pop out.

Powers/Abilities: Counter. His most used and renowned ability. He is capable of reflecting his opponents magical and power-based attacks back towards them at twice the speed and strength. However, this leaves him at a disadvantage as he cannot attack directly himself while using this and in doing so must wait for his opponent to attack. With this ability comes another called Vanish. This allows him to completely nullify one's power-based attack, regardless of its state or intent; three times at the most.

Weapon(s): Petronel (single-edged sword) | Leonard uses a rather long single edged blade. Its dark sheath and handle are used in tandem, and if not for him drawing the blade, it could be mistaken for a thick staff. The blade is eight ft in length, the handle making up but one and a half foot of that. The blade is constantly being repaired from his battles with others, creatures, and most recently dragons.

Other:
  • He left an independent faction of mercenaries before becoming a nomad.
  • He wears the cloak that his mother once wore.
  • He is a wanted criminal of Havenedge.
  • He is notorious for being dangerous.
  • He talks to Petronel as if its his sister sometimes.

Last edited:

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
I feel like your Dragon is aiming for mines lol. Heat tolerance? Maybe they can be friends instead

Whoops! I totally didn't even stop to think that my ability would conflict with yours. It shouldn't be too much of a problem at the moment though, considering that all dragons are 'friends' or allies of sorts, so far anyway. But I can change it if it causes too much of a problem? :)

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years
Whoops! I totally didn't even stop to think that my ability would conflict with yours. It shouldn't be too much of a problem at the moment though, considering that all dragons are 'friends' or allies of sorts, so far anyway. But I can change it if it causes too much of a problem? :)

I was just joshing with you, your Dragon's cool. Or should I say hot B) might need to put my shades on for that gal. Yea, that was a little lame.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Boom! I did an IC! And if Wooly's dragon is accepted, then we're planning on having some joined posting going on :3 Anyone else interested is welcome as well, of course!

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years
Nice post Bastian. I'm thinking about moving along Zera's post so that he's out of the dungeon. I'll wait to see if anyone minds but once I start, its going to be a long one.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
I have a question: how long have the dragon slayers been in existence? This considering that they're known throughout the country already yet have just now slain their first dragon.

And I am almost done with my SU. If this gets answered soon enough, I should have it up by tonight.

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
I have a question: how long have the dragon slayers been in existence? This considering that they're known throughout the country already yet have just now slain their first dragon.

I think she means the group just slayed their first dragon, not that dragon slayers as a whole have only started doing their job now.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
@Songbird: The plot summary makes it seem as if the dragons only really started caring once Asliana's group showed up, and most of the SUs so far have characters just hear of the Slayers, implying this specific group is something widely known/spoken of, so I'm just wondering how long it was between her starting the group and the group killing the first dragon.

Maybe this is simply the first time such a group has been attempted by slayers?

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Maybe this is simply the first time such a group has been attempted by slayers?

That really does seem weird. Giant, super-destructive beasts, and humanity never thought of teaming up to kill them until now? That really sounds like it's against the nature of human survival.

Back