• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tactic: Involving Shuckle

ForYouu

Time Traveler
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2012
Hey guys, I have just thought of an idea that could be... unbeatable if used properly.

Sorry if this idea is already in place, I just wanted to get it out of my head for everyone to use and exploit :P

So, get a shuckle and a pokemon that can use Trick Room

Make the Shuckle know these moves and abilitity = Sturdy, just to negate 1 hit ko's

Earthquake - Rock Slide
Power Trick - Rest?

Annd, a pokemon that can use Trick Room, doesn't matter who. Just... better powerful than not powerful for other use. Also! Have some decent amount of defence so it won't dive before it shines.

Anyway, so on the first turn the pokemon that can use Trick Room uses it and Shuckle with it's horrible speed will probably go last which is when it uses Power Trick to switch it's ATTK and DEF. So, really bad Defense, really good attack. Yay! Then because it's slow as heck, it'll go first! So, the Earthquake and Rockslide are great as they hit both pokemon.

If this has helped you... I don't know, hopefully this will help you but if it doesn't don't shout at me :(

Thanks.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
This is a tried-and-true tactic with Shuckle; I hate to say this, but that strategy tends to need a lot of time and luck to set up (your Pokemon using Trick Room, switching to Shuckle, then using Shuckle's Power Trick). The 3 steps I outlined in parentheses will essentially give Shuckle only 2 Trick Room turns to sweep; after those turns, it'll most likely get KO'd.

ForYouu

Time Traveler
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2012
This is a tried-and-true tactic with Shuckle; I hate to say this, but that strategy tends to need a lot of time and luck to set up (your Pokemon using Trick Room, switching to Shuckle, then using Shuckle's Power Trick). The 3 steps I outlined in parentheses will essentially give Shuckle only 2 Trick Room turns to sweep; after those turns, it'll most likely get KO'd.

Okay, thanks for replying. Peace

ForYouu

Time Traveler
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2012
Oh! PlatinumDude. Sorry if I didn't explain, I meant this for a double battle.

EDIT: Is there anyone I can ask for a "standard" signature involving a picture?

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2016
My fav i have seen for shuckle is a baton pass team into a shuckle. Never tried it myself just seen theorycraft an discusiions in random places might wana look into it =] Shuckle be my all time fav poke

.MiKeY

Tank Operator
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
The only thing a Shuckle should be doing on a doubles team is Power/ Guard spliting as it's too frail after a Power Trick to survive for more than a turn. Plus With the abundance of Thundurus, Taunt would be the thing I could think of to make sure that Shuckle will not be getting that extra boost.

Last edited:
Back