• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Why will you be picking this game up?

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
The Pokemon series is one of my favorite serieso f all time. I'll be picking up this game because I enjoy playing the games, and I am curious baout all of the new pokemon. Also, a few of my friends play the game, and that encourages me t play the game more. That way I can kick their butts in battles! >:D

ClumzyTrainR13

Storm Caster
Years
To me, I think my addiction is based on curiousity. If ever I try to quit, that new game comes out and I'm like, "oooh what are the new pokemon? The new antagonistic team? The Gyms?" I'm hooked. I find out about the new game, and at that point, all of the sudden I discover myself at Gamestop with the new game in my hand at the cash register :P .

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Well, I suppose there is the fact that I've been with Pokemon since the first games were released, and have no real reason to stop now. If I was going to stop, I would have done so at Platinum, but I've persevered with it, so I may as well continue to. I have two games on my 3DS right now - Tales of the Abyss and Super Pokemon Rumble - so I also need something to justify my actually keeping the console; it's been a tremendous disappointment thus far. I also know I'll get several hundred hours out of it, so it'll be worth buying it.

I also have high hopes for this generation. I found the fifth to be something of a letdown - there was a distinct lack of story, and after seeing all the praise I was actually expecting something to be there, and whilst Black 2 improved upon Black it was still below other, earlier games in quality - and I'm hoping this will redeem the franchise somewhat. I'm not big on graphics, but the leap to 3D offers endless gameplay opportunities, so I'm hoping for something new, which Pokemon hasn't really been since the first games. Changes have always been minor, so I'm hoping this time they'll be a bit more pronounced.

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
I will be picking up these games because I feel guilty. I have not played a generation 5 game. It is not because I dislike the pokemon or the style, it is just because I never picked one up. I feel that playing these games will redeem myself as a pokemon fan. I have been playing every game since I got my pokemon Red and my Pikachu gameboy color when I was 5. I also feel like I need to use my 3DS more often. (I am planning on picking up both Pokemon Black/White 1 and 2 within the next few months)

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I'll be purchasing the game since Pokemon has always been my main source of happiness -whether its the anime, the games, someone else's drawings (like the ones on DeviantArt), or my own, all the plushies and plastic figurines- Can't wait to see 3D Pokemon! I"m ready for the games, my grandma bought me 3DS XL about two weeks ago.

and because Pokemon Reigns!!

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Because I'll finally be able to travel through familiar terrain. ;3 Or at least be able to search for clues and hints that look familiar. |D

That aside though (as it's far from the main reason), I'm actually looking forward to new games. It means a whole new world (gotta love the Jotho opening song), new experiences, new creatures, new story. I loved the story of BW, and I can't wait to see if they'll give XY a story which is just as good... if not better. Generation 4 was a bit of a let-down for me, but now I'm back into Pokémon and I can't wait for them to reveal the Pokédex.

Years
I have been playing at least one main series Pokemon game since Generation 3 and X & Y will be no exception, Pokemon is basically a franchise I'll never let go of.

And given I got my 3DS XL recently, it's about time!

Years
I'll be getting the game because it's a part of one of my favoriite franchises, and can seemingly be enjoyed no matter how old you are. Granted, I didn't really want to buy a 3DS since I've only had my DS Lite for about a year and a half, but I'm too excited to see the big leap to a 3D world to miss out on it (and since it doesn't come out until October, I've got plenty of time to save up).

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
'Cause I became so excited about Pokémon X and Pokémon Y ever since I heard about them on the Pokémon Direct presentation! And even today, I'm really excited and I really can't wait to get the games. Especially how cute the starter Pokémon really are. And it makes me think how amazing the games really are since they've made the complete switch to full 3D, now the characters and the Pokémon are in full 3D, which makes them even more amazing. ^^

That's why I'll be getting these games, I'll be pre-ordering them as soon as possible. ;)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I've always loved Pokemon ever since Pokemon Yellow.

I enjoy the gameplay, I enjoy exploring the new region and seeing it's pokemon. I suppose really I just enjoy the pokemon world and how it works.

If I ever bought a pokemon game that hugely disappointed me that would probably be the end, but that hasn't happened yet.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Because I've bought almost every Pokemon Game released to date, that's pretty much it.

Moi aussi. Asking this question on a Pokémon forum is a bit like going to a Britney forum and asking why they're going to buy her latest album. You don't need a specific reason, you just do.

Victini

Pokemon is just catching my attention further and further with every new generation. They always come up with really great and creative ideas, in my opinion. <3
Whether it be the story, the backbone of the new Pokemon's creations (especially the legends), or the Pokemon themselves, they always manage to nab my attention.

Though I find the new Pokemon catching my attention the absolute most with every new gen. It's not the graphics, the unexplored enviornment, or anything like that.
I want to learn more about the new Pokemon, and experience how much change they've all received from the really basic ones we had so many years ago. :D

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I'm picking these games up because it's Pokémon, really, that's all the reason I need. That's it, it just has to be Pokemon and then I want it.

Guy

just a guy
Years
What can I say? Pokémon stole my heart and soul years ago and never game it back. It has me as it's captive and I refuse to be set free.

Just the idea of traveling to a different land, discovering new Pokémon, and turning the pages of a new story is exciting! Even at the end, if it wasn't all you hoped it would be, the journey to get to that finishing point was well worth it. It's the comfort of knowing what to expect yet still finding new things to uncover is what's so enticing about getting your hands on a new Pokémon game. X and Y are no different.

Plus, it's in full blown 3D!!

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
Years
I will get them because I still enjoy playing Pokemon a lot and I love to see the new things that Nintendo puts into the main games and not more crappy spinoffs.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I've never been disappointed with a pokemon game yet. I like the basic concepts of the games, since they combine a lot of the elements I like in games all in one - exploration, a bit of roleplaying, collecting, upgrading and turn-based strategy. And Pokemon has an unrivaled record for fixing the problems while keeping the good elements - all too many game franchises have fallen prey to the "streamlining" disease and have eliminated features in order to try to broaden their appeal, and/or have shortchanged key game elements in order to make room for meaningless bells and whistles, and while Pokemon has done a bit of both of those things here and there, it's never been to the point that it really impacted my enjoyment of the games. And they continue to expand and improve upon the best features of the games, with new pokemon, new moves, new abilities and new type combinations and thus a reason for me to figure out new strategies, which keeps each new game interesting.

Whistler

Questioner
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
I am hoping for future Light Type Pokemon... ;)

And I like the games. :]

Back