• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Forgettable Main Series Games

Most Forgettable Main Series Game?

• Red

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Blue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yellow

• Gold

• Silver

• Crystal

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Ruby

• Saphire

• Emerald

• Fire Red

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Leaf Green

• Diamond

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Pearl

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Platinum

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • HeartGold

• SoulSilver

• Black

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • White

• Black 2

• White 2

• Total voters

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
Which Pokemon game that you have played was the most forgettable to you? For me it was Platinum. It wasn't that it was a bad game, but I had a very short experience with it. I played it for about 2 weeks. I only had about 70 hours on it before i lost it. I would have bought another copy because I remember it having a pretty cool story and there was that Distortion world with Cyrus that was awesome, but by the time I lost it Black and White were about to come out so I just thought I would wait for those to come out to buy another Pokemon game. Besides the Distortion World I don't really remember anything about Platinum (and I only vaguely remember the Distortion World :/) So which game has been the least memorable for you and why?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
For me, the most forgettable game was Black. I'm not saying it was a bad game, it just didn't surprise me or got me excited as the other Pokmeon Games before it. One of the main things i didn't like was the unability to catch any other Pokemon than the new Unova Pokemon until the post-game. This made for some limited team choices in my opinion...I also felt like the game was aiming at a "newer" generation of pokemon gamers, not the "old, veteran" generation.

Luckily, Black 2 turned out to be an awesome game, and has become one of my favorites out of all the main pokemon games :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2015
I'd have to say the entirety of Gen 4. Something about the characters and story just felt boring to me.

B-L-A-Z-E

リズ
Years
Diamond and Pearl were lacking, but they were the first main series games on the ds which is why I won't forget them. The one's I see as most forgettable are Fire Red and Leaf Green. They seemed to be a step back from Ruby and Sapphire but that's probably because they were based on 1st gen games though.

Last edited:

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
Really? I'd say emerald is the most memorable. The Battle Frontier was amazing. The reason Emerald is so memorable is because it has probably the best post game out of all the main series games. But your personal experience with emerald may be different than mine so I guess this question is different for everyone.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Honestly, this is just a least favorite thread. And, for me, the least favorite is obviously Hoenn. Though, classifying the dreadful water routes and the trumpets as "forgettable" is something awkward.

Anyway, Emerald had a lackluster post-game, because it really was only the Frontier, as opposed to Platinum which has a whole new area to catch Pokémon, a mini-quest with Team Galactic remnants, and obviously its own Frontier, or HGSS, which have the whole improved Kanto in comparison to the original GSC. Or even BW, which have East Unova with the ability to catch non-native Pokémon. Emerald doesn't even have an E4 rematch... Which was kinda necessary as it's by far the worst E4 of all the main series games (at least in terms of Pokémon variety).

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
Years
Got to be B/W for me. Probably because i followed all the news up to the release and all of the Japanese info, that it was all spoiled for me. I never got B2/W2 because i thought that Unova was just...Boring!
Also, i never liked the Battle Frontiers. They just seemed a bit crap compared to things like Pokemon Sadium on N64, and as my best Poke was usually my Legendary, i couldnt use my best in it.

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
I think the Hoenn games are the most likely. To date, I have never completed a single Generation 3 game, making it the only generation for me not to do so. But, Hoenn really tired me out around the time I got to the fifth or sixth gym.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
Years
Really, I would have to say Diamond and Pearl, with its bland overall presentation and story, shameless homeages to Gen 2, rather dull-looking protagonists, a teeth-grindingly slow Surfing pace, and a noticeably lackluster post-game makes me wish we had just went straight to Platinum.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Crystal, I have no Idea why, but I just always forget about it. It was just so similar to G/S that I forget that it even happened

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'd say Diamond and Pearl because just of how slow moving they were, especially the battles. The story wasn't bad, but it just seems to move slowly. I like the introduced so that saves Gen IV for me (though I hated half of them when they were first revealed, but they've grown on me). That plus Platinum pretty much remedies everything DP did wrong and so do HeartGold/Soulsilver.

Years
Diamond and Pearl, they were so slow with the surfing and battle scenes. However the nice designs of the Pokemon introduced was the saving grace, and Platinum fixed all the problems Diamond and Pearl had.

Ruby and Sapphire also come close due to having little-to-no postgame.

Tackle

Pancham
Years
I'd say Diamond and Pearl, they're easy to be forgotten. Since Black and White come I forgot about Diamond and Pearl.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
FireRed/LeafGreen, I got so bored while trying to play it that all these years later it still sits incomplete in my game box. I don't think I'll ever think of these two games until I start thinking about the games that I own and go, "Oh, right, my sister and I had copies of LeafGreen." There wasn't really anything new to them, I thought.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I would have to say pokemon Crystal sadly as it only added one thing to the game, nothing to special to me. plus going back to Kanto was a bit boring as I had already been there.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I agree on Platinum, I think it was overshadowed by the hype for HGSS.

It's funny that DPPt has the most votes when that was what really initiated playing Pokemon online and over Wi-Fi. Personally, I don't remember the storyline much at all only because I've only played Pearl once, but I plan on restarting it. I'm playing Platinum for my third time but I play it so sporadically I don't even know what's going on with the storyline.

Back