• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
My parents originally was deciding on naming me Tiffany, but I got named Amanda in the end. Both names are alright, but Amanda is actually quite a common name in my country... It would be quite nice if my name had been something more unique like Desiree, for example. I like that name a lot. :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
If my name was ever too hard to pronounce for certain people I'd just tell them to call me something random like Joe or Steve to make things easier for them.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
People do pronounce my name correctly, but my middle name is constantly spelled wrong. I generally go by Jess over my real name -despite never having picked that nickname- because I'm not a big fan of my real one.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
My name can't be mispelled even if my cousin used to call me Lathan and my name was Nathan. He was missing some teeth so yeah...

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Haha, Nathan, how does one manage to pronounce "Nathan" wrong? [X

My friend's younger sister -who is a toddler- calls me "Sess", though, because she can't quite get the "J" sound out.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
People never say my name right, they dont even try, instead they insert a letter that does not exist in my name.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Hey they do that with me and the letter h too! I don't get it because that's a fairly uncommon variation, the vast majority of Nicoles I meet don't have the h. idgi.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
If only i knew Jess, maybe it was on purpose.
I hate it when people mispell my name. They won't mispell something harder than it but they mispell the name itself.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I hate this too. Its not that hard to learn to say my name but they seem to think it's hard enough that inserting another letter makes it easier for them to say.The problem is then that's not my name. Ive put up with it for years and it really is quite annoying and Im tired of correcting people all the time, it just dosent seem to work.

Years
Hey they do that with me and the letter h too! I don't get it because that's a fairly uncommon variation, the vast majority of Nicoles I meet don't have the h. idgi.

Well on PC you have met one with that variation, me of course!

However even though I'm so prone to misspellings, my name is still pronounced the same as the usual "Nicole" spelling. I do know my middle name is a bit odd, and hard to say. But I'm glad to have one of the more uncommon spelling variations of my name.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I think I've met one other Nichole in my life, and hundreds of Nicoles. I like to call myself Nickel online sometimes.

Synerjee

Years
People can't misspell or mispronounce my name as there's basically almost no way to mispronounce it. Even in Japanese, it has the same Kanji spelling: A ma n da, even though it might be pronounced the Japanese way. Is there even a way to mispronounce Amanda??

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I don't think it's possible to mispronounce Amanda. XD

Eh I don't even remember my middle name anymore, it's in Chinese and I haven't been chatting or learning Chinese for a while so all of the information I know pours out like juice being spilt out of a jug. As for my name, a few people somehow manage to mispronounce it. :P

Instead of Sophie, little kids especially say soapy, which is adorable. :]

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
Hey... what's going on?

I hope that wasn't a massive file cause I viewed it off my mobile internet :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
If anything it's my last name people have the most trouble pronouncing, honestly I wish I could change it to something simpler but that'd break me mum's heart and I don't have the cojones to do that now.

Synerjee

Years
Hey, is it just me or is there this little Wario guy that suddenly appeared on my screen?? When I click on it, it brings me to this 'news bulletin' which features He-man. What's up with this? O.o

This are the words on the top of the screen:

"we interrupt your regular pokécommunity scheduled programming to bring you this news bulletin"

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Mine has a big dancing bananna on it.

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back