• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first anime?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
What were some of the first anime series you've watched? Why did you watch the series? Did you continue to watch more series, especially subbed anime, or were you put off entirely? Share and discuss!

Years
Before I actually knew what "anime" was, Sailormoon, Pokemon and Digimon were the first ones I watched. At that time, I was too young to realize there was a specific term so, technically, Inuyasha was my first official series and it was subbed. That night I was just flipping through channels until it came on and thankfully I continued watching it or else I wouldn't be the anime watching, manga reading nerd I am today :B From then on, I started watching other subbed series that was airing on that channel until I discovered streaming x: So now I only watch them subbed.

Years
I believe the first anime I watched in my life was "Captain Tsubasa" and I don't exactly remember if I watched the whole series or not, but definitely lots of episodes.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Definitely Pokémon. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have even known what anime is, probably. xD" Second would be Yu-Gi-Oh, and the third, I think, is Dragon Ball Z.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
InuYasha as a result of a late night and a bowl of popcorn with my mom when I was like 12 and we lived at a Budget Suites. It was nice, though, because the next day we got my neighbor into it and then our other neighbor and some nights we'd spend an evening all together watching it on Adult Swim. I was the only kid interested, though? The rest were younger adults, sheesh. I didn't know it was anime obviously, just a cartoon. That's what got me looking into it later and viola, animefandave!

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
Bleach. I don't know why, though I think it was because my friend was into it and recommended it to me? Something like that. They also recommended Hunter x Hunter to me like a year before I eventually watched it.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Pokemon and Sailor Moon, back before I knew what anime even was. When I was 13 I learned it was actually called anime, and after that got into DBZ, Yugioh, and Inuyasha, and the rest is history. xD

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Pokemon or Doraemon, I think its probably Doraemon

TWOFACE

Years
ultradensedeuterium.jpg

Captain Tsubsa (Captain Majed in Arabic maybe after Saudi legend Majed Abdullah)

and this ugly thing I dont know what is the real name it was dubbed in arabic, & the named it it "Sameed" {XD}
1205458695_f.jpg

Doraemon of-course

391845_1373554335.jpg
Moero! Top Strike (Captain Rabeh after Rabeh Madjer)

and those three

q825-7b1ada106b.jpg

fe2187c365a121013a69fcc.jpg

1258820337.jpg

now I'm watching giant Killers & sorry for posting too may images just cuz I've searched their arabic dubbed names

Aj Harold

The champ
Years
It was pokemon, digimon and Beyblade! I'm still watching them and they are the best anime in the world I watch all of them english dubbed!
And i also have watch a doraemoon movie in english subbed which was originally in Japanese! It was this:-

220px-Doraemon_Nobita_and_the_New_Steel_Troops.jpg

Years
First anime series, hm.. when I moved to the US I think DBZ, Tenchi Muyo, Cardcaptors, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and Pokemon were some of the first I've seen and were also the series to really get me into anime. Probably some more I'm forgetting but these four were my life as a kid.

First subbed anime I saw was the original FMA in 2003/4 or so!

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
Years
Pokémon was definitely not my first anime, nor Dragonball. I'm going to say that it was Saint Seiya(Knights of the Zodiac) I loved that anime to death and I always wanted to be Sagittarius.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
First subbed anime has to be Gundam Seed back in 2005.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 13, 2014
Digimon was my first, but never even knew it was an anime until I was 7

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Other than Pokemon, the first I watched in Japanese was actually Sword Art Online, some fanboy recommended it to me saying "it was the best ever!!!" This was actually when it was still airing, before the 2nd arc started, so I guess it hadn't gotten too bad yet.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 9, 2014
The first ever anime that I watched when I was much younger was a program known as Tokyo Mew Mew, or in English, Mew Mew Power. I don't know why I liked it, but it was fascinating to see them transform into their Mew forms and then seeing them fight the monsters created by the 'baddies', more commonly known as Kishu, Taruto and Pai.

Back