• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
Well thanks to the shiny culb on SPPf i found out that the shaymin event is on wifi now for japanese platinum owners, so i've downloaded oaks letter and i'm going to start resetting for shaymin right after i stock up on pokeballs.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
Years
No shinies from me. i find just running around in the grass more fun than using the radar.i have fished for almost a day and i found no red gyarados

Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 4, 2009
Well thanks to the shiny culb on SPPf i found out that the shaymin event is on wifi now for japanese platinum owners, so i've downloaded oaks letter and i'm going to start resetting for shaymin right after i stock up on pokeballs.

Haha, good luck on Shaymin!

I haven't been able to post recently I have been too busy to hunt and post. I am at my dads house now though. I am playing through my Jpn Pearl to get a ditto and trade it to Platinum. I want to hatch a shiny Rotom. Good luck to everyone else!

Years
So I was just going over the stats in my head that I had only hatched 325 eggs, and even with the Masuda method, it still usually goes past 1000 eggs, meaning I still probably had a lot of time to go. Right then, this thing pops up and stares me in the face:

45-SkorupiHatch.jpg

page 1 | page 2 | page 3 | page 4

Good luck with Giratina, Charmander and Shaymin. I'm going to go after an Origin Giratina once I've made it that far in Platinum. (Still saved in front of my starter, but I might switch to breeding Turtwig, since you can't control the nature of an SR anyway, and I could get some Egg Moves and maybe good IVs.)

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
So I was just going over the stats in my head that I had only hatched 325 eggs, and even with the Masuda method, it still usually goes past 1000 eggs, meaning I still probably had a lot of time to go. Right then, this thing pops up and stares me in the face:
Spoiler:

Hahhaha! Yes! YES! YESS!!!!!
Congratulations! lol!
They ALWAYS strike when you least expect it. :)

That red is quite tantalizing, I must say!

I'm currently hatching Mudkipz. I'll make it no mystery that I'd like to have a full set of shiny Hoenn starters, but yeesh, it's not as easy as it looks. I could have hatched a lot more than I currently have (MAYBE 180, I think?), but sickness has really hit me hard. I only started feeling better yesterday.
So tomorrow I plan to hatch more Mudkipz. I'm not really trying too hard, nor trying to get a great one either, unlike my Eevee and Torchic. So once I get it, who knows when, I'll move on to Treecko.

I was actually getting under some pressure of this, since a lot of people I know seem to be having bad luck with it and are passing it off as fake, but I very well know I or anyone else may have to hatch many eggs still in order to hatch a shiny through this method.

Some are having an average time hatching, ranging from around 100 eggs hatched to around 700 which is reasonable. One dude I've talked to had to hatch over 3,000 eggs.. ouch.
What disappoints me is that people hatch like 100 (or even less) and lose interest. If you really want something, you'll keep at it and not quit. And the quitters are who are starting rumors that it doesn't work.

So I'm glad to see more results, and I'm looking forward to hatching my Mudkip, whenever it comes.

But for now I must go to bed and rest, and try to get back on a NORMAL sleeping schedule... Being sick has really thrown me for a loop.

I'd like to get started back on an old SR target and my two chain targets as well.

Good luck everyone! :)

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
Years
hi, may i ask, what is the masuda method. im now destined to get a shiny gyarados or seaking, ive been searchin for an age. but i know one will pop up some day

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
hi, may i ask, what is the masuda method. im now destined to get a shiny gyarados or seaking, ive been searchin for an age. but i know one will pop up some day
Breed a foreign pokemon with a native pokemon and the chance of hatching a shiny is reduced to about 1/2000. For example, breed a Japanese Ditto with a Gyarados/Seaking caught in your game. Conversely, breed a Ditto caught in your game with a Japanese Gyarados/Seaking.

Masuda merely promoted the use the GTS by adding in the shiny quirk of breeding pokemon obtained from the GTS.

Congrats on the sexy shiny Skorupi, MM. :3

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2010
i'm chaining im my game.. its so freakin boring xD. i only found a shiny abra.
here it is....
2vlku2x.jpg

sorry for crappy quality the little red thing is the star... i'll take another picture later.

NYK

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2009
Shinies pokemon team diamond

my team to beat thr elte four is.
Lvl 70 Staraptor (shiny).
Lvl 58 Bronzong (shiny).
Lvl 69 Abomasnow (shiny).
Lvl 78 Toxicroak (shiny).
Lvl 98 Empoleon not shiny.
my empoleon took forever to lvl up but the i decided to search for shinies, lucky i have great patience.
i looked forever to find a croagunk and then took a long time to get it to toxicroak.
i almost gave up on the snover until it learnt wood hammer at lvl 36 it killed me.
the bronzong was easy didnt take long i thought.
one time when i first played daimond i think i found a starly and it sparkled, didnt know what this was so i asked my friend, said it was shiny and rare, so went back and caught it with an ultra ball.
this hole process took a veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy looooooooooooooooooong time.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Spoiler:

Good luck with Giratina, Charmander and Shaymin. I'm going to go after an Origin Giratina once I've made it that far in Platinum. (Still saved in front of my starter, but I might switch to breeding Turtwig, since you can't control the nature of an SR anyway, and I could get some Egg Moves and maybe good IVs.)

Congratulations on the Skorupi. And thanks. :D

i'm chaining im my game.. its so freakin boring xD. i only found a shiny abra.
here it is....
2vlku2x.jpg

sorry for crappy quality the little red thing is the star... i'll take another picture later.

Nice, I used to have a Shiny Abra, but traded it away. I'll try to get another one as soon as I hatch my prize.

Ah forget it. I can't wait for Platinum to do the Masuda Method. I want to try it at least once on my Diamond...

*goes to search for a Japanese Croagunk*

Good luck on that Croagunk.

As for me, the amounts of Eggs I've hatched has gone up, but I forgot by how much. I'm currently taking a break from Diamond (2) as I'm playing through Platinum at the moment. As soon as I beat the Elite Four (I'm going for the Canalave Gym right now), I'm continuing my hunt. ^_^ Oh, and remember the Secret Key is available right now. :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2012
My shiny's

I want to join! I have a couple of shinies:
my origin giratina (12 days of sring),
my starter( i wasnt expecting it, it just popped out at me),
my natu,
and my togepi (which i got from cynthia in platinum and i'm going to evolve to a shiny togetic soon).

Years
I want to join! I have a couple of shinies:
my origin giratina (12 days of sring),
my starter( i wasnt expecting it, it just popped out at me),
my natu,
and my togepi (which i got from cynthia in platinum and i'm going to evolve to a shiny togetic soon).
Awfully lucky with those SRs. .__. Which starter is it you speak of?

I've quit my Turtwig SRing to move along so I can pick up a Rotom Key tomorrow. Turtwig will be my next Masuda Breed.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2012
My starter was a piplup, because i chose chimchar in diamond, and turtwig in pearl.

Ill upload pictures of my shiny pokemon tomorrow, right now i just downloaded oak's letter on my imported platinum, and are going for a shiny shaymin just like Lord Danswich

Last edited:
Years
Not only is my computer 100% down the t00bs, but I'm grounded.

Whoo!

This sucks. No hunting for Mencey for two weeks or more.
But I've moved on from Tina for the Turnback Cave variant in Platinum, and I'm now in front of Dialga. I have around 6,300+ resets, but I don't really remember my count.
I'm also back to hunting the Zap-Bird in LeafGreen, which I have hidden to assure my shiny Tangela and Articuno are safe from my mentally unstable brother. He annoys me, I tell him to shut up, and he steals LeafGreen and tries to delete my file. I ripped the game out, beat him up, and now it's stashed away where nobody will ever find it.

Damn, life's been kicking me in the face lately.

Good luck, all.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Hey guys, congrats to new shinies.

I'm still going to be away for a while. My nan is still waiting on word when she will be having her surgery, and I'm hoping that its sometime soon.

I have been hunting for various shinies while I've been away from here, but not one of my targets has decided to shine for me. I am working on SRing for shiny Shaymin in my Japanese Platinum, and I started hatching Riolu eggs in my English version yesterday(with a Japanese female Lucario from the GTS, bred with my Cyndaquil(the only Pokemon I had at the time I started xD)). I hope that with whats left of the month that a shiny will appear in one of my games.

See ya later, hopefully when I return I'll have a new shiny to report.

EDIT: Just an update, but this morning I hatched a shiny Riolu in Platinum using the Masuda method. It is a female Jolly Riolu, I was totally shocked when she appeared. My video is on youtube if you want to see it.

Last edited:
Back