• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Unova Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
Nothing majorly wicked awesome happening on my White really...
~ Went to relic castle looking for Volcarona, found another sage whilst there and caught Volcarona with my 3rd ultra ball, which is lucky seeing as it had used Quiver dance at least 4 times. :| Decided to add him to my team.
~ I stupidly went and challenged the E4 again for some reason, but hey, I beat the champion, so no biggy.
~ Since then I've just been attempting to fill up my Unova dex, got my first critical capture doing so, on a Herdier. Yay?
~ Did two ingame trades, got myself an Emolga for a Boldore, awesome.
~ At the moment I'm trekking through Chargestone cave in search of a Tynamo or whatever its called.
~ Whilst doing so, found another sage, only one left now! :D

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I am STILL grinding for the Pokemon League but I should be done very soon. Then I will do a test run of the Elite Four to see what I am up against.

I also replaced my Swoobat with a Vullaby. I loved my Swoobat but it isn't strong enough for the Pokemon League. I will miss it :c

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
For today, I trained some more of my Pokémon from my transferred batch. There are still about 6 to go.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I just arrived in the Pokemon League, but I want to do a few things first before I challenge it:
-Catch Terrakion in Victory Road (in progress)
-Catch Palpitoad and Shelmet in Iccirus City
-Breed Deino

Current team:

Samurott, female, level 54
-Megahorn
-Aqua Tail
-Surf
-Blizzard
Nature: Bashful

Sawk, male, level 48
-Low Sweep
-Strength
-Rock Slide
-Brick Break
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Sturdy

Scolipede, male, level 48
-Megahorn
-Poison Jab
-Bulldoze
-Rock Slide
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Poison Point

Archeops, male, level 48
-Acrobatics
-Rock Slide
-Dig
-Fly
Nature: Hasty

Excadrill, female, level 48
-Metal Claw
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance
-Rock Slide
Nature: Naive
Ability: Sand Rush

Haxorus, male, level 48
-Dragon Dance
-Dig
-Dragon Pulse
-Dragon Claw
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Mold Breaker

(I sent the last 2 Pokemon to the PC so I could add a Jolly Synchronize Munna to the team so that the Terrakion would be Jolly. I also left an open spot so I could check Terrakion's stats on the spot)

Years
4/29 -
• Captures: Houndour (Swarm), Musharna
• Trades on GTS: Stunky, Ekans, Electrike

4/30 -
• Evolved my Tyrogue into a Hitmontop.
• Trained my Poochyena to LV32.
• Hatched Trapinch egg. (LV45 Flygon now)
• Captures: Shuppet (Swarm), Drifblim
• Trades on GTS: Flygon, Gengar, Metapod, Volbeat

5/1 -
• Captures: Tyrogue (Swarm)
• Trades on GTS: Clamperl

twinsandvikes777

Power Trainer
Years
Making my way to the Dreamyard, I opted not to grab a Pansage and instead decided to try my luck at beating the gym normally. Holy balls was that a mistake. I grinded until level 16 I believe, and then was finally able to capture my next pokemon I wanted, a Munna who I named MunnyMaker. I proceeded with the storyline, and kinda forgot what all I did.. however I'm currently in Iccirus City with a team of:

Boaroast the Emboar lvl 41
MunnyMaker the Musharna lvl 39
Jumpsuit the Scrafty lvl 39
Iliekturd the Carracosta lvl 39
Axehole the Fraxure lvl 40

I try keeping them all around the same level.

Scraggiland

Pokémon Trainer Mike ★
Years
Pokémon Black Part 7

I challenged the Nimbasa City gym and its leader fogetting to save beforehand..
Elesa is the toughest thing I've come up against going in with five completely healed Pokémon.
Her two Emolga's both using Volt Switch on me was annoying and quickly defeating my team, I managed to defeat her after Dewott, Cottonee, Darumaka and Sigilyph all fainted with my Drilbur on 3HP..
After recieveing the Bolt Badge from my victory, I headed west toward the Driftveil Drawbridge and was stopped by my friend Cheren. He wanted another battle and I recieved a flawless win.
I then met the champion of Unova, Alder and he put both Cheren and I into a double battle with two really young children both owning a Herdier. I used Sigilyph's Air Cutter to attack them both at the same time as Cheren's Liepard fainted and his Panpour wasn't that tough.
I crossed on over the bridge learning it has the nick name, the Charizard Bridge.
Upon arrival Clay, the gym leader asked if Cheren who had crossed with me and myself if we were here to help or hinder Team Plasma as they're still up to no good.
I defeated them in the Cold Storage and Clay accepted my challenge.
I also fought Charles, someone famous in this city in my first Rotation battle only recieving a little damage.
I've beaten all the trainers in the gym and I have just healed up at the Pokémon center.
I am going to battle clay for my fifth badge next time.
monmen_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d387wsg.gif

Dewott Level 30 | Excadrill Level 31 | Cottonee Level 30 | Darumaka Level 30 | Sigilyph Level 29

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I beat N and Ghesitis (however the hell you spell it).

^.^

Solfatara

Forest Dweller
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 10, 2011
Venturing through Unova feels like a more hostile experience after defeating N at the pokémon league. Suddenly, trainers with pokémon in levels that far outnumber mine jump out at me. The most remote corners of the region await me, concealing the seven sages I have promised to track down. The journey sends me spiraling through whirlpools, and it drowns me in soft, hot sand. If this weren't enough, Chargestone cave has the most cunning intention to demolish me with its electric jolts jamming through my jacket, my skin, not to speak of the very metal protecting the precious but fatigued pokémon I carry with me.
Safe on the other side awaits nothing but a storm; a hurricane, ripping apart the remains of my clothes, soaking my hair and my backpack, sending chills down the backs of me and my comrades.
In only one place do I find peace on this hostile evening; village bridge sends promises of nostalgia, of rest, of sleep...
As my eyes fall to rest and my pokémon, well rested, cuddle up beside me, we all realize it; we are not the weaklings we were before. We are capable of taking on any upcoming challenge.

We are ready.

Years
Just purchased my first DSi and Pokémon Black a few weeks ago. My work and social life schedule allows for smaller, more spread out, blocks of pokemon. When I actually get some time to play it (breaks, and usually an hour or two before I sleep/ after I wake up) it means that much more. Currently I am in the Nimbasa Gym, fighting my way to my 4th gym badge. This is my first post in this thread, and in these forums, and the rest will be more detailed with play time, my line-up etc.

Scraggiland

Pokémon Trainer Mike ★
Years
Pokémon Black Part 8

I managed to defeat Clay and claim my fifth gym badge I headed up to Route 6 battling a few trainers after being challenged by Bianca upon leaving Drfitveil City, she is starting to become really easy to beat..
I arrived at a cave which was sealed and Clay appeared asking his Krokorok to use Bulldoze to open it, he then gave me same TM which I taught to Excadrill.
Inside Chargestone Cave I came across a level 24 male Joltik and I launched a Quick Ball at it and I caught him.
The Joltik has a Timid nature which is what I was set on searching for so lucky for me (:
I spent a lot of time inside the cave training my Joltik and the rest of my team, my Cottonee grew to level 35 and now knows the move Energy Ball and my Darumaka evolved, now I'm ready to leave the cave but my DS system needing charging so I decided to have a break.

502.gif
530.gif
547.gif
555.gif
561.gif
595.gif

Dewott Level 35 | Excadrill Level 35 | Whimsicott Level 35 | Darmanitan Level 35 | Sigilyph Level 35 | Joltik Level 35

Last edited:

Elfie

wut?
Years
Wow... I wish I found this thread earlier...

But anyways, I just got surf in my Pokemon Black, and have been going back to the research lab and mistralton cave. And on the way to lab 2, a random whirlpool spawned in my path, and there was a shiny Alomomola... Y'know, I always get the cruddy shinies... first a Caterpie -_- And now a Luvdisc clone...

But my team is like this:

Samurott Lvl 42
Archeops LvL 43
Victini Lvl 40
Excadrill Lvl 44
Zoroark Lvl 42

And I'm getting a Axew soon :)

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Now that I beat the game, I am going through Unova from the beginning. This way I can go to places that were previously blocked off or surf in areas I haven't explored yet.

I may also find some older pokemon and the sages along the way :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
I'm suprised that all of my pokemon can learn rock smash. Of course, I'm teaching that to my main pokemon for here. My team so far:

Roggenrola Level 16
Rock Blast
Rock Smash
Sand-Attack
Headbutt
I'm probably not going to evolve it before or after the gym battle, but it'll still be a good ways ahead of my other pokemon in terms of levels.
ShellBlade the Oshawott Level 14
Tackle
Tail Whip
Water Gun
Water Sport
Razor Shell, from what I see, is a nice attack. I just need to get it, and I'll be the owner of a great pokemon.
Lillipup Level 14
Leer
Tackle
Oder Sleuth
Bite
Yeah, I used one my last game, but hey, it's a great normal type.
Pansear Level 14
Cut
Leer
Lick
Incinerate
I don't even like incinerate! It's a really weak move.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
Right now at victory road, my Stoutland and Unfezant are under training..

Team:
Sawk:45
Serpeior:44
Vanillish:41
Stoutland:35
Unfezant:33
Krokodille:41

Calamity

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
Mannnn completing this Unova 'dex takes patience, since most of them need grinding up to level 40 to evolve. -_- But anyway this is what I've been up to these past couple of days...
~ Thanks to the sports dome and Route 14, I was able to evolve alot of pokemon quite easy.
~ I'm still admiring how colourful spring season is, sad I know, but it's so colourful!
~ Finally caught Thundurus, without the need for area trap or whatever aswell, first time i've managed to catch a roamer without it lol.
~ Found the final sage! Not much of a reward after apart from learning N has been spotted 'far away' -_-
~ At the moment I've just learnt how to get into the Giant Chasm which took longer than I thought. O.o And looking for a Ditto, giggity!

Last edited:

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I picked up my copy of Pokemon White after about a month of not playing it (I completley missed Winter and it's now Spring) and I was in the Relic Castle. After solving all of the puzzles, I found Ryouku (making 4 out of 7 sages that I've located) and managed to catch Volcarona - which didn't prove to be as hard as I thought it would be. Next, I'm on my way to the Cold Storage to find Zinzolin.

Calamity

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
More people need to post on here. D: Anyway, to those of you that care;
~ With the help of a few people I've managed to get all the Black exclusives and train them up fully.
~ Caught Landorus at the Abundant Shrine.
~ With less than 9 pokemon to go to complete the 'dex I decided to take a break and try out the battle subway for the first time to get the power anklets.
~ Managed to get a 16 winning streak before getting raped by a Jellicent. x(
~ Ventured into the Giant Chasm, and came across a level 65 Metang, I swear to god that thing is te hardest catch I've come across, seeing as I was intent on using pokeballs so I didn't waste any Ultra's lol.
~ So finally I'm now back on track for 'Dex completion, I'm currently standing next to Kyurem to see and catch the last pokemon in the Unova region!

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2012
Taking on the second gym today!

Team is:

Gurrdurr | Adamant - Lv25
Dewott | Naive - Lv24
Pansear | Rash - Lv24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back