• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Explain just what is twisted about the question - Seems pretty straight to me. It's specific and a direct responce to one of your own statements - That gun laws have no affect on criminals. One that showed that laws do have an affect on them.

Last edited:

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
It's a trick question. It's pretty much saying, they're easier to get or they won't get them when they will. It wont effect them.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
So you would support the repeal of laws prohibing felons from buying and owning weapons?

You've yet to give a straight yes or no answer.

Edit - It's not a trick question. I really don't see why your having so much trouble giving a straight answer - If your as strong in your beliefs as you say you are, this question should be easy to answer. It's a question that forces you to question your own beliefs, yes - But as long as you are strong in them, you shouldn't have issues answering.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I already said yes they should restrict them from buying and owning but it wont stop them is what I'm saying. They wont follow the law they will have them no matter the consequences. You're pretty much saying they will follow the law or making it easier to get which is wrong on you're end.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Thanks for the, somewhat, straight answer.

But - If the law is so useless, then why would you support it?

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
But how can you call the law useless if, by your own admission, it may have an effect?

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Yes it's mainly useless because a majority or well above a majority wont follow it but that one person will. 100 something is better than 0 if you ask me. I don't think the law is necessary but if it came up I wouldn't mind it is what I meant to say. I'm really tired so misreading and mistyping a little here.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Useless would mean that it does nothing at all, or has a negative benefit.

If its useless, why say it could have a positive effect? If it has, even the slightest, positive effect then it wouldn't be useless - It would be useful.

If it's not necessary, why support it?

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
You know how easy it is to buy a gun?

Even with the background checks, 15-20 mins tops. (Pistol or rifle) Not that much time really - And you'd be buying the weapon at regular market value. Some variation on store or state, but usually nothing more then half a hour.

But convicted felons can't do this - They have to take more time, some risk, and more resources it order to obtain their weapons. Buying it off of someone else or stealing it are their main options. Both of which are harder then walking into a store, filling out a form, waiting for the person to run a background check, and walking out with a gun. But repealing the laws prohibiting felons from being able to purchase weapons would open up to them this method.

With gun crime being as rampant as it is, how would giving criminals another avenue to obtain weapons make the gun crime rate go down?

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
As I said even in they can't get a gun legally they will do it illegally, nothing will stop them. Crime wouldn't go down even a full blown ban on guns wouldn't effect the crime. Most of the crime is gang affiliated anyways.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Making it harder for them to obtain guns wouldn't reduce crime - But making it easier for them to obtain guns will?

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Neither method will help nor benefit with crime. Both will still have crime and gun shootings regardless it can't be controlled. There's nothing we can do about it, it's just the way it is.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I don't agree that some God cursed the US with regular mass shootings every week, mostly because there are dozens of countries where these things don't happen every week, or every month, or every year, but rather once in a decade or even more infrequently. Certainly, you can always have a crazy maniac getting guns and killing a hundred people as it happened in Norway a few years ago, but when you get crazy maniacs doing that every Thursday, maybe you need to consider that there is something that is being done wrong and which can be changed.

Gun violence is entirely a man-made problem, and, as such, can by solved by men. There are many things you can do about it, as many other countries have done. And guess what! I can't remember the last time there was a mass shooting in the UK and I feel much safer there than in a place where everybody is carrying a weapon that could kill you in a blink.

Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
No one needs a gun, except those who are insecure with certain physical attributes and the cowards.

Years
Neither method will help nor benefit with crime. Both will still have crime and gun shootings regardless it can't be controlled. There's nothing we can do about it, it's just the way it is.
Why do you insist that nothing can be done, nothing can stop criminals, etc. etc.?

I would like to know who you think "criminals" are exactly. You say they will do absolutely anything to get a gun like they are some unstoppable force of nature. Please explain why you think this because it does not at all match with what I think "criminals" are. I think they are like people, mostly, and know how to weigh the pros and cons of an action. Like, if you're a convicted criminal who's done their time in prison and now that you're free again and now allowed to own a gun, are you going to risk owning one even if it's incredibly easy to have a friend buy you one (which it is incredibly easy to do)? Some will, but many won't just because it's illegal. It's not worth the risk to them. I'd go on, but I want to hear your view first.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I don't agree that some God cursed the US with regular mass shootings every week, mostly because there are dozens of countries where these things don't happen every week, or every month, or every year, but rather once in a decade or even more infrequently. Certainly, you can always have a crazy maniac getting guns and killing a hundred people as it happened in Norway a few years ago, but when you get crazy maniacs doing that every Thursday, maybe you need to consider that there is something that is being done wrong and which can be changed.

Gun violence is entirely a man-made problem, and, as such, can by solved by men. There are many things you can do about it, as many other countries have done. And guess what! I can't remember the last time there was a mass shooting in the UK and I feel much safer there than in a place where everybody is carrying a weapon that could kill you in a blink.

That's UK this is America they're both entirely different countries. America already has gun issues as it is and has a HUGE black market so even banning guns like in the UK wont solve anything. Plus mass shootings rarely happen up here and most of the shootings are single murder shootings. The only mass murders are school shootings and getting involved with gangs, mobs, cartel, mafia, etc and even then it's very rare. So I don't know what you're talking about gun laws will help America when in reality it wont do a thing.

@Scarf. You're completely ignoring what I'm saying when it comes to this topic. A majority of criminals nothing will stop them from getting a gun they will find a way. Just because guns are BANNED doesn't mean you can't get them doesn't make them harder to get doesn't make them easier to get. Especially when it comes to gangs, FYI most of the prison cells are filled with gang members or ex gang members and when they get out if they get out don't you think they have access to guns? Yea they got access to guns gangs get them through the black market. Do you realize how may members of gangs there are? There's millions upon millions gang members in the US alone and that doesn't include the smaller gangs with 100 or so members in each city. There's millions of mafia members, millions of mob members, millions of cartel members. About 35-40% of the population is crime affiliated groups and they can't get guns is what you're saying? Most of the shootings or gun related murders are through them. You can't take them down, they're too big. Our military couldn't even take them out like that.

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
You still haven't explained how making it easier for criminals to obtain guns will reduce gun crime.

I'm VERY interested in your logic on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back