• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Conquest - A Table Top RPG

Doccit

Pokemon Conquest Creator
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2022
jjnsp1.png

Here is the google doc with the rules for online viewing.

Here is a higher quality version for downloading.

For starters, this is not a single player computer game. It is a table top story telling game, akin to dungeons and dragons. In pokemon conquest you take up the mantle of a character from a fictionalized conglomeration of Edo period and Sengoku period Japan and the Pokemon world, and battle along side your partner for wealth, fame, and honor.

A tabletop RPG is a game where a number of players (generally between two and six) explore a world that is created according to regulations set by the book by the game master. Fighting the monsters and overcoming the obstacles that the game master puts in it to complete quests and accomplish goals.

The plot of this game, like all story telling games, is generated by the game master for the players to play through.

Features:
- 5 character classes to choose from (samurai, monk, ninja, performer, and merchant) when building your character
- Compatibility with all 649 Pokemon and incredible freedom in choosing how and what to train them.
- Combat style and world interaction reminiscent of the Pokemon anime
- Innovative combat mechanics which keep the game moving quickly and support a variety of different play styles, while borrowing from the Pokemon video games and anime.
- Skill system which fosters exciting and interesting ways to overcome challenges while not getting bogged down with numbers on the Game Master's side of things.
- Easy to play with just paper, pencils, a Pokedex, some friends, and a twenty sided dice.
- Compelling world and cosmology based off of Edo and Sengoku Japan.
- Potentially infinite gameplay time without running into the same content, because the content is generated by the people playing it.
- A full dungeon mastering section explaining the ins and outs of developing a story.

More Page Pictures:
Spoiler:

Additional Technical Information

The Combat system:
Spoiler:

The Skill System
Spoiler:

Character Building
Spoiler:

Credits:
Artists...
mark331
salanchu
All0412
sa-dui
arkeis-pokemon
Ninja-Jamal
Ziiri
Impize
KatiraMoon
crystaldragon
Sharkjaw
PlutoManiacx
purplekecleon
Writers
Doccit

Last edited:

Doccit

Pokemon Conquest Creator
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2022
Update:

- I changed a lot of stuff about how the combat worked to make melee and ranged attacks more even to eachother.
- Many options from the performer and Ninja classes have changed to reflect the change made to reflex and cunning.
- I added like an entire other section on how to build a dungeon.
- I've started building a strategy guide section, but have not yet finished it.
- Lots of pages are edited for spelling and grammar, and very minor tweaks have been made to some field moves and options.

Yukari

Okay, this game is actually very good and it must taken a lot of work to build.

Doccit

Pokemon Conquest Creator
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2022
Thank you! It is good to know that some people like it. I'm just about to add the strategy guide section. It is coming some time tomorrow.

Doccit

Pokemon Conquest Creator
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2022
I added the strategy guide section, and tweaked the combat a little bit. There is now an awesome chart to help people select what to train their pokemon.

Also I reduced the number of training levels a pokemon can take in a stat, boosted the amount of bonus that the one that is still there gives you, and reduced the cost of taking them. Because at the last update the players were too powerful as compared to the pokemon.

Yukari

I wish there were more posts on this thread. It feels lonely here :(

Doccit

Pokemon Conquest Creator
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2022
Maybe I could ask to get it moved to showcase now that it is basically done.

Doccit

Pokemon Conquest Creator
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2022
Honestly, I never read the full rulebook for these things. xD It is just sort of a reference once you get the game going. The players only need to read about their class, and the GM only really needs the skill, combat, and GMing sections.

YourFavorite

One who can't think of a title
Years
This is a cool idea, I'll have to give it a read. There are some more general Pokemon TRPG's already out there, Pokemon Tabletop Adventures and Pokemon Tabletop United (sister systems), so you may want to check them out if you're looking for more ideas for updates or expansions or whatnot. From what I've seen so far your system seems tailored to a particular kind of campaign. I'm running a game in Adventures now, so I may add some rules from your system if I think they'd be helpful. I may post again after I read if I have more thoughts.

Doccit

Pokemon Conquest Creator
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2022
Thanks a lot! I'd love to hear about it. And yes I've heard of those systems, but they are far more comparable to dnd 3.5. I was looking to rethink a lot of the core mechanics of DnD, not simply to port it to pokemon.

Not to disparage their work however. Pokemon Table Top adventures is expansive and detailed, and I'm sure lots of fun to play.

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
This is some pretty impressive stuff you have here. Really detailed; despite some spelling flaws and other weird stuff you've obviously put some considerable effort into this. And I'm loving the fabulous artwork... I'm not really into this kind of game, but it looks pretty fun.

Doccit

Pokemon Conquest Creator
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2022
I'm glad to hear it! Thanks for saying.

Doccit

Pokemon Conquest Creator
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2022
By the way I looked on mediafire and apparently 200 people have downloaded the rulebook from there! I'm quite happy. Thanks for your interest guys.

RIAD99

Rayquaza
Years
wow omg omg omg
i read only couple words n i want it
it is so exciting
(but where is the link to download the game ?)

RIAD99

Rayquaza
Years
wow awesome thx (i will download it)

it's pdf file only i want the game

Last edited:

Doccit

Pokemon Conquest Creator
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2022
This is a story telling game. You use the rules in the book to play it with your friends. It isn't a computer game. The PDF and some dice are what you use to play it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2023
Well i first off have to say this is a big feat to do and I really like it. It has that d&d feel but without the mountain of text to read just to play. I do like to atmosphere of the game's time setting. It is very simple to play. I was able to make a character and pokemon within 30 minutes because i was trying to start at level 2 and have a few abilities. But here is my question. In the rules, i read it says that you have to have min stat require and the app. type or have the other min stat requirement to take that ability. Well i have a aron with levitate giving him a great immunity to a nasty 4x ground weakness but people in my group say that i can't have that because it can't learn it naturally but the rule say i can have it. So who is right? Me with my levitating aron or my group saying that it can't float or is it a GM call of common sense to not let me have it. I hope i have not skipped over a rule saying what should happen.

Back