• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon TRE: Team Rocket Edition

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2017
Hey, nice red hack Pokeglitch, i have a couple of questions though:
What program do you use to Map with?
And How did you change the Map?
But this is looking good, good luck

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
So you play as jessie or james and the other one if your rival..
THATS AWSOME i cant wait till its finish

mcrc

Up and coming rapper
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 19, 2014
wow this hack is really nice, looking forward to more updates

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Wow a hack of red. Amazing!!!!!
keep up the good work mate! Im looking forward to this!!
Nice idea of the story

PsyMaster

Your mind is mine to control.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 21, 2016
this is a nice hack i always wanted to play as TR

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
hey what are the three pokemon starters going to be (i would think they are koffing meowth and ekans but i'm probably wrong)

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Yep, the three starters are Meowth, Koffing, and Ekans

Sorry for not responding, I've taken a break but now I'm back working again, especially since I have some competition in the first generation hacks.

The mapping programs I used was RedMap and Pokemap, and as for changing the map layout, Coolboyman said how to somewhere in his Pokemon Prism thread.
Oh, and you only play as James, not Jesse.

Last edited:

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
oh the starts sound good, though i thought that zubat or sandshrew might've been it to.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
If anyone wants to help me out and speed things up for me, here is what you can do.

Remember those tiny sprites next to the pokemon picture in your party? I need to know where they are in a tile editor. These are the ones I found:

needmj3.png

I need all of the other ones. I have searched throughout the ROM multiple times over the past week and simply can't find it. If someone can do that for it, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Thanks, I forgot about that one. Anyway, I'm going to skip over that and do the rest, and then hopefully someone can help me by the time I'm done with everything else.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
I was thinking that but it was too hard to make his sprite and i didnt know how to change a few things. I do now of course, but that was after months of work.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Sorry guys, but I will never finish it. If anyone wants to complete it, go ahead, I'd be honored since i spent to much time getting this far.

Things that are not changed:

I wanted to change all of the pokemon mini sprites that you see while viewing your party into pokeballs. Once you play you will understand why.
The rival's pokemon are not completed.
I wanted to change the game corner prize's, and I'm not sure if i did (when i switched them to other pokemon they got strange levels, so it migh thappen)
The text is halfway done.
The maps are about 90% complete.

Anyway, here is the patch. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Pokemon TRE.ips
    142.8 KB · Views: 37

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
This was going well, it's a shame you cant finish it.
Anyways, are you giving up now?

This was one of the only red hacks :(.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Yeah, sorry guys. I might get around to it later if I feel like it but don't count on it. I just wanted to say that I updated the first post.

Back