• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Pure Gold

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
that looks just like pokemon shinygold

No it doesn't. The hero may look the same but that's only until a replacement is found. Shiny Gold did use Fire Red tiles but then Zel inserted other kinds of tiles. So unless you are talking about Shiny Gold beta 2/3/3.5, this hack bears no resemblance to it. :3

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
An alpha? Sweet! I'm gonna play this later, I know it'll be awesome.

Keep up this progress my friend!

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
At alpha was really good, I can't wait to see more!

The coloured text was nice and the scripting was really good. It felt like it was a Fire Red hack XD.

The only thing I found was that when the tour guide goes into his home he walks into the door and then the door opensand closes. Its looks a little strange.

Well, keep on with this fantastic work.!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
Wow, an alpha. I'll play it, and edit my post later to tell you how I like it. :)

EDIT: Um, I just keep getting a white screen. Maybe it's the rom or the patch. I don't know? Can someone help me? (I can always get FR hacks to work.)

Last edited:

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
pokefreak2 said:
theres a bug in your alpha in cherrygrove there is a guy outside where route 20 something shuld be and
he has the old man script
I'm checking it now... The guy outside Route 30 is there to tell you the Alpha ends. So, I don't think that's a bug - could you be more specific?

Pokepal17 said:
At alpha was really good, I can't wait to see more!

The coloured text was nice and the scripting was really good. It felt like it was a Fire Red hack XD.

The only thing I found was that when the tour guide goes into his home he walks into the door and then the door opensand closes. Its looks a little strange.

Well, keep on with this fantastic work.!
Yeah, I know... I was still not that good with scripting compared to now XD I'll fix that.

Raichu_is_Awesome said:
Wow, an alpha. I'll play it, and edit my post later to tell you how I like it.

EDIT: Um, I just keep getting a white screen. Maybe it's the rom or the patch. I don't know? Can someone help me? (I can always get FR hacks to work.)
This is a Ruby hack ^^ Try a clean Ruby ROM.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
For some reason every Ruby rom I tried didnt work, but after many downloading and deleting's, I finally got one to work (I can't find the AXVE one).

Anyways, I didn't go into much observation, so this is what I'll say:

Music - The Intro music (Route 30) was terrible. I can constantly hear a C note beeping on and on, and whoever composed that midi you have doesn't know how to correctly make chords in the correct key. The song is in the key of G, but the midi you have has notes that make wrong chords that don't correspond correctly. Also I kinda don't like how the New Bark music is in a different key than the original. And the Pokemon Center music is crap. It sounds like a 4-track 8-bit theme with GBA instruments.

Also for some reason when you start in your room, you can hear the PokeMart music.

Graphics - Amazing. When playing it, it's hard to believe that it's a hack of Ruby.

Glitches/Bugs - You said you don't have any, but there are. One of the houses in New Bark Town has a TV saying that Latios is flying around Hoenn.

Anyways I have a few questions: Since the PokeNav (Gear?) map shows Johto only, what are you going to do for Kanto areas?

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
For some reason every Ruby rom I tried didnt work, but after many downloading and deleting's, I finally got one to work (I can't find the AXVE one).

Anyways, I didn't go into much observation, so this is what I'll say:

Music - The Intro music (Route 30) was terrible. I can constantly hear a C note beeping on and on, and whoever composed that midi you have doesn't know how to correctly make chords in the correct key. The song is in the key of G, but the midi you have has notes that make wrong chords that don't correspond correctly. Also I kinda don't like how the New Bark music is in a different key than the original. And the Pokemon Center music is crap. It sounds like a 4-track 8-bit theme with GBA instruments.

Also for some reason when you start in your room, you can hear the PokeMart music.

Graphics - Amazing. When playing it, it's hard to believe that it's a hack of Ruby.

Glitches/Bugs - You said you don't have any, but there are. One of the houses in New Bark Town has a TV saying that Latios is flying around Hoenn.

Anyways I have a few questions: Since the PokeNav (Gear?) map shows Johto only, what are you going to do for Kanto areas?
Uh, I know Route 30/Intro theme has a problem, it'll be fixed later. The PokéCenter theme is already there, in built in Ruby - I don't think it sounds bad. New Bark is also good, I guess this is just how different people have different tastes XD I'm not saying they won't be changed, maybe in future versions.

The Mart music is in the room, because I changed it with Advance Intro Ed, surprisingly not all music can be used.

As for the TV, how the heck did you get the Latios message? I tried all I can but no Latios/Latias message. So, this must be due to cheats or dirty ROMs.

Kanto will be included, I can reveal much now... But they will be in.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
The Mart music is in the room, because I changed it with Advance Intro Ed, surprisingly not all music can be used.

As for the TV, how the heck did you get the Latios message? I tried all I can but no Latios/Latias message. So, this must be due to cheats or dirty ROMs.

Kanto will be included, I can reveal much now... But they will be in.
About the Latios message, for some reason I went back to the house and there was no message. I guess it's because earlier I had a WtW cheat on (lol I managed to make it to Fortree City).

Also what I meant about Kanto was, I know you are going to include it, but how will you make the map show up on the PokeNav?

Also one thing I suggest: Make a different house and lab for New Bark Town, instead of using Pallet Town's houses. It looks kinda weird seeing Kanto houses in Johto.

Last edited:

pokefreak2

I can't believe you read this
Years
in your alpha the guy outside route 30 in cherrygrove has the old man script and i think he needs the
script you said be4 where to tell you that the alpha ends but instead yea has the old man that
gives you town map script

Desman3000

Years
Ya, idk if you'll be able to compete with shiny gold, I mean the main region is already DONE... but neway, GOOD LUCK on ur Hack. :Santa:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
I want to play the beta epic bad, but I get a white screen also. It's not my save type or anything on VBA, and I patched correctly and all... I tried to open the ROM on AMap, and it gave me offset errors. Are you sure you've been using the (U) AXVE ROM to hack? I usually have this problem when it's that, so... Anyways, I hope I can find a way for it to work >:0.

...also, does your rom have a hacked intro? I know a lot of the Rubys floating around have that. The ROM I'm using doesn't have one, so, patching one using it to it might be the problem.

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
countryemo said:
awesomeness, yea.
great hack
Hehe, thanks.

AztecFire said:
About the Latios message, for some reason I went back to the house and there was no message. I guess it's because earlier I had a WtW cheat on (lol I managed to make it to Fortree City).

Also what I meant about Kanto was, I know you are going to include it, but how will you make the map show up on the PokeNav?

Also one thing I suggest: Make a different house and lab for New Bark Town, instead of using Pallet Town's houses. It looks kinda weird seeing Kanto houses in Johto.
See ;) I knew it. I think it'll be mostly ASM involved to get the map showing, I mean showing a simple map with no labels and location data is easy :P On the houses and labs... Is it that weird?

pokefreak2 said:
in your alpha the guy outside route 30 in cherrygrove has the old man script and i think he needs the
script you said be4 where to tell you that the alpha ends but instead yea has the old man that
gives you town map script
Uh, that's impossible... Are you sure? Does any other players have this also?

Desman3000 said:
Ya, idk if you'll be able to compete with shiny gold, I mean the main region is already DONE... but neway, GOOD LUCK on ur Hack. :Santa:
Of course, Shiny Gold is in it's last stages. This is a rhetorical question :P I'll try my best to not keep you disappointed.

.com said:
I want to play the beta epic bad, but I get a white screen also. It's not my save type or anything on VBA, and I patched correctly and all... I tried to open the ROM on AMap, and it gave me offset errors. Are you sure you've been using the (U) AXVE ROM to hack? I usually have this problem when it's that, so... Anyways, I hope I can find a way for it to work >:0.

...also, does your rom have a hacked intro? I know a lot of the Rubys floating around have that. The ROM I'm using doesn't have one, so, patching one using it to it might be the problem.
Uh. You're not suppose to open my ROM :( Anyway, the ROM that I use is a clean Ruby version [AXVE] with no intro hacks and all. I know my ROMs ^^, clean as ever. I don't see why other people aren't complaining. If you need more help, go over the patching tutorial again. If you still can't fix it, please VM me.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
I like gold and silver remakes. Liquid Crstal and Shiny gold. Heart gold seems like it will be ok but... I wish someone would complete these hacks. I really don't think any remake could be as good as fan remakes.

So if you plan to do this please stick through till the end.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Uh. You're not suppose to open my ROM :( Anyway, the ROM that I use is a clean Ruby version [AXVE] with no intro hacks and all. I know my ROMs ^^, clean as ever. I don't see why other people aren't complaining. If you need more help, go over the patching tutorial again. If you still can't fix it, please VM me.
Haha, I don't mean I want your ROM. It's just odd the patching wouldn't work then, because I have a ROM up to par with what you describe yours is... It's definately not because I didn't patch correctly, it's just not working, I guess. I'll try other ROMs around and see if that helps.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Haha, I don't mean I want your ROM. It's just odd the patching wouldn't work then, because I have a ROM up to par with what you describe yours is... It's definately not because I didn't patch correctly, it's just not working, I guess. I'll try other ROMs around and see if that helps.
I had the same problem, but I downloaded another copy of the ROM, which worked fine.

~Areku-San

Pokemon Darkblue Author
Years
Sorry, but from my point of view it seems a waste of time to copy an idea and made by Nintendo, it is assumed that the ROM hackers should demonstrate to Nintendo that the fans can do much more than their in-class job scheduling may but in terms of creativity do not have much to say.

The possibilities that can be done in the ROM Hacking are many as to copy an idea that others did, that's my opinion honestly do not know anyone says about uu

Could Basarte in the Anime or Manga perhaps ideas that nobody has the look.

But anyway, it's your project ... Good luck!

Back