• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Species of Pokemon you'd like to see in the future

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Are there any species of Pokemon that you'd want to see in Gen. VII, or are otherwise surprised that this particular species hasn't materialized yet in the Pokemon series? I have thought of at least one of them apart from my username being the Scald Pokemon.

The Turkey species, especially considering the fact we had Thanksgiving yesterday. There are so many birds around this world, but not a single turkey?

I also thought of a booby a few months ago. It's quite rare though, but maybe that will make a surprise appearance too...

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Okay had a much longer post, but my net shat out and deleted it, going more succinct this time.
Camel,Sea Pig,Koala,Dolphin,Pygmy Marmoset, Saber Tooth Cat,Narwhal, Whip Scorpion, Scorpion Fly, Poodle Moth, Goblin Shark, Scorpion Fish.
Just off the top of my head.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
A Ghost/Normal dog. Maybe a fairy type like Sygliph, based on ancient civilizations.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
A turkey would be cool. I mean, wild turkeys are actually quite vicious, so I suppose a turkey Pokemon could be really tough. I'd also like to see a tiger shark.

Years
I posted this on another thread once but I also had a similar idea for a turkey pokemon, except it would start off as an incredibly weak normal/flying type (we're talking magikarp-weak) but once you give it a broken pokemon fossil and level it up it would evolve into a rock/dark type velociraptor pokemon. (thinking of calling it "Vileraptor") It would be the same height as the turkey pokemon but with less feathers, a lot thinner, and a lot stronger (and nastier to boot)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It'd be nice to see a Pokémon based off dolphin. I would love it, as I find dolphins to be extremely cute. Just hope that they don't make its design look bad intentionally. xD" I'd like to see a platypus Pokémon as well. Bibarel looks sort of like a platypus (due to its tail), but not quite. Also, it would be awesome if they had given us a Pokémon that looked similar to saber-tooth tiger. I'd imagine it to be astoundingly fast, and all its physical attacks would be pretty hard-hitting. If used correctly, this Pokémon might be able to make a great revenge-killer.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What about a camel? Maybe a ground type camel pokemon. Anyone?

Don't we have camel Pokémon already—Numel and Camerupt? They may not have the exact height of camels, but they do look like them. If they existed in real life, then you would probably be able to ride them as well, just like a camel. d:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 1, 2021
Pretty surprised there hasn't been a chess based family to be honest, could be steel/ghost perhaps have two slightly different families, the black pieces would be steel/dark, and the white pieces could be steel/fairy(light). Other cool ones would be a water drop/rain drop Pokemon that would be water/ghost.
Finally one that I would love to see especially as a new starter family would be a fire/poison line based off a raptor.

-edit-
I dunno why i said pawn based instead of chess based, what I get for being up at 3 am I suppose.

Last edited:

Leo the Lion

Too many sexy people in this world, all of them fi
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
What I want? A platypus. A freaking platypus. I loooove them!
Also, the chess evolution, as darkredwing said, would be cool.
Another one? A time travelling pokemon shaped like a clock. I mean, they HAVE made a magnet, a pokeball, a keyring....

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I thought Pawniard was based on the chess piece.

Hmm, hard to come up with anything that hasn't already been used (and would make a cool Pokemon). I don't think there's a peacock Pokemon yet? Could be wrong. I think that would look neat. Fairy/Flying, perhaps.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
The first things that come to mind are:

Mechanical steel-type Pokemon, Koala, Platypus (or another native Australian animal, like a Quokka) and a fawn. Deerling's design just wasn't very creative in my opinion, so I'd like to see a new one! Perhaps part fairy-type, and based off of some aspect of the woodland, like a toadstool! <3

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Dolphin, Tiger, Peacock, Wolf, Koala, Cheetah, Turkey, Chimpanzee, Bearded Dragon, Manatee, Lionfish, Stonefish, Flamingo, Capybara, Snowy Owl, Stegosaurus, Dromeosaurid, Sabertooth Cat, Wooly Mammoth, and Komodo Dragon.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Cheetah, Ibex, Snow Leopard, Goblin Shark, Mastodon, Carnotaurus, Wolf, Smilodon, Moose, Wolverine, Dolphin, Orca, Manatee, Secretary Bird, Honey Badger, Hammerhead Shark, Ostrich, Warthog, Wildebeest, Gazelle, Aardvark, Lynx, Oryx, Megatherium, Komodo Dragon, Red Panda, Koala, Thylacine, Peafowl, Tiger, Jaguar, Dromeosaurid, Lemur, Styracosaurus, Mandrill, Gorilla, Okapi, Narwhal, Musk Ox, Dimetrodon, Wombat, Stegosaurus, Flamingo, Ankylosaurus, Glyptodont.

All of that taken from Zoo Tycoon 2. I'm surprised none of the above animals have been made into Pokemon yet!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 1, 2021
I thought Pawniard was based on the chess piece.

Hmm, hard to come up with anything that hasn't already been used (and would make a cool Pokemon). I don't think there's a peacock Pokemon yet? Could be wrong. I think that would look neat. Fairy/Flying, perhaps.

Pawniard and Bisharp's names are clearly based off of chess pieces, however their appearances are not. They're based more off of bandits or some other Villainous characters, Pawniard being the minions while Bisharp would be the leader. If it weren't for the names I doubt anyone would ever think chess pieces when looking at them.

Pryze

Straight chillin
Years
I'd really like to see a Pokemon based off of a Stingerfish, it would make a nice Electric/Water or Electric/Ground type.

Edit: Or even better, Electric/Poison-type; I don't think there's such a typing yet.

Back