• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
Hehe thanks guys. 3.1 is not the final version there will be a beta 4 and then a final to follow. At least thats the plan ;)

Link
Hey LaZ! you might or might not remember me, but I've played through 2.1 before twice and I was doing a let's play of it now, it's a great game you're working on! I just figured out how to get my 2.1 save game working on the 3.1 but I have some questions...
1) I'm playing the live beta thing, will I be unable to do certain things, if so, like what?
2) could you give a brief summary of the new things added, I see a lot of shortcuts and new stuff around olivine city, a surf way to goldenrod and stuff... is there more
3) are there any items I missed because you added them in the 3.1 thing?

great stuff! I love it! thanks!

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
Hi there.
First of all, your hack is really GREAT, even if there some minor bugs. They are not that annoying. I finished the game and I'm trying to complete the Pokedex. I have a few questions :
1- What has the room in Rock Tunnel to hide? There is braille in it but it doesnt say anything :/.
2 - I can't figure out where Ho-Oh and Groudon are hiding, I think Imma need some help for the locations.
3 - Isn't Gengar supposed to be able to learn Sludge Bomb? Because it doesnt in your game. I think you should correct it ;).
4 - Is there any locations FAQ out there? It would be helpful to know where some pokemons are. Advance Map doesnt work on your game, it says there is a tiles bug bla bla bla.
Thank you again, and keep up the good work!

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2016
Hi, I was wondering if the live beta would work for gpSP Kai on PSP?
I seriously doubt it but if anyone has an answer that would be great.
Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2023
I found another exp bug with Exp. Share. My Typhlosion killed a lv37 Machop, got 700~ exp and my Larvitar got 4400~, then the next one my Typhlosion killed a lv37 Graveler, got 1200~ exp and Larvitar once again got 4400~.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I found another exp bug with Exp. Share. My Typhlosion killed a lv37 Machop, got 700~ exp and my Larvitar got 4400~, then the next one my Typhlosion killed a lv37 Graveler, got 1200~ exp and Larvitar once again got 4400~.

What level was Larvitar in the respective gains? There may well be a slight oversight when it comes to the exp sharing routines. It's meant to get more than Typhlosion, but in my experience so far, it seems to get 1.5 times as much as it should. I'll have a look tonight.

Hi, I was wondering if the live beta would work for gpSP Kai on PSP?
I seriously doubt it but if anyone has an answer that would be great.
Thanks.

It should, but don't quote me on that since I don't have a PSP...

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
[COLOR=#a]I ran the calculation myself using a calculator and I can tell you that Larvitar should have got about 2300 exp the first time. So somewhere after the game calculates the value, it overwrites it with extra experience.[/COLOR]

Last edited:

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Please, please fix all the TM compatibility issues. It's really killing the gameplay for me!

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2023
Okay my three things that i do need help with are

1) where do i find the starters

2) I have not found any of legandaries besides Suicine and Latios

3) What are the flutes for i have found quite alot of them but not found the reason for them

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Okay my three things that i do need help with are

1) where do i find the starters

2) I have not found any of legandaries besides Suicine and Latios

3) What are the flutes for i have found quite alot of them but not found the reason for them

Here are the locations of the starters. They're given to you, they do not appear in the wild.

1. Bulbasaur- A guy in Saffron City.

2. Charmander- Fuchsia City.

3. Squirtle- Pewter City.

4. Chikorita- Tohjo Falls.

5. Cyndaquil- Surf south of Route 34.

6. Totodile- Dark Cave. Accessible only if you enter from Blackthorn.

To get more legendaries you must progress more in the storyline. And Latias can be found after you get HM Dive.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2013
How does the physical and special move split work, which moves use special attack and which attack?
And also now that the game recognizes time can I evolve my Eevee to Espeon or Umbreon by training it at different times?

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
Which ones are you talking about exactly?
I haven't tried this since i updated to the newest live beta, but Kingdra couldn't use the Dragon breath TM, Salamance can't learn Dragon claw from the move tutor. Gardevoir can learn Dragon breath.

But my main bone to pick is this. I understand you've done your best to keep this as close and relevant to the original game TM wise as possible. But I feel the main elemental TM's should have at least been given someway. Thunderbolt, Flamethrower and Icebeam are major moves for most pokemon and several pokemon who rely on them can't learn them naturally. It kinda bones special attackers.

And will you be including the third gen starters in this game at any point?

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
@LaZ- Sorry for not being more precise. I have noticed a lot of such move compatibility issues throughout my gameplay, but I haven't noted every single one.

Now I don't think it is possible to review every single Pokemon's TM compatibility in-game, as that would require one to catch all the Pokemon and it'd be very time consuming. It might be easier to do so from the ROM, using the TM learnset bytes. So I thought I'd leave it to you guys.

You can consult Veekun.com for the learnsets. It has every Pokemon's TM learnsets in every generation arranged numerically (that's also the order in which it goes in the ROM, isn't it?). That wouldn't help you with things like Belly Drum and Defense Curl (for gen 3+ Pokemon) though. On second thought, why not use the Mega Punch tutor's compatibility with Belly Drum, that'd be pretty logical I think. Most stuff that can Mega Punch should be able to Belly Drum.

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2023
I just got to the Kanto Radio station, and saw the meeting. I thought the understanding was that Silver (rival) was the son of Giovanni. Thought i might have seen that in here. There were inklings in the games but also in the manga they published as well

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
^Yes, I also found the meeting to be a little strange. But let's just assume LC is in a parallel universe or something (lol)!

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2014
Okay i have a problem i switched the smg from 2.1 to 3.1 and it acts like i battled all the trainers what should i do???? Please And LaZ You are the best for making this game

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
can anyone share .gba of newest version? because when I make my own it not working on my SE W890 (only white screen)

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
Does the guy in Goldenrod who can teach our pokémon Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Thnderbolt for 4000 coins come back if we teach one of our pokémon the move ?

Back