• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you dislike about your family?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
My dad has some serious anger management issues and makes a big deal out of things that don't need to be made into a big deal. We have completely contrasting personalities, and that makes us get into arguments a lot. Its settled down a lot since I moved out on my own, but I do tend to get into an argument with him every now and then and I see him a little more than I would like to.

My sister's at that age where she's starting puberty, so she's very *****y lately. She's always been rather spoiled because of my dad, and the fact that she currently is the owner of an iPhone at the age of 12 makes me question my father's parenting skills.

My youngest brother is a thug who thinks he's a stereotypical black gangster-like person. It bothers me greatly, but he can be an okay person every now and then. He failed freshman year of high school twice because he decided not to go, even though he can't drop out.

My younger brother is completely addicted to his current girlfriend. He isn't getting a job because his girlfriend doesn't want him to because if he does that means he'd spend less time with her. I don't think he has much of a backbone, and he generally lets her walk all over him. He asks the stupidest questions and is very ignorant.

I'm not sure how I feel about them. I'm pretty content with not seeing or hearing from them, but I would probably cry if one of them were to die.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Mom: She means well in her special way, but her own mental issues and over-controlling personality just about ruined me. She never lets me speak my mind, nor have my own thoughts as she is constantly talking. She becomes jealous when my dad pays more attention to me. She has blamed me for ruining their relationship, and we constantly bicker. I don't like how she calls everyone (expletive) (expletive) worthless when she does the least. Her behavior makes me detest alcohol and swearing.

Dad: He is kind, mellow, patient, and sweet; he was always the parent taking care of me when I was sick. I appreciate the little things he did, like tucking me in bed, combing my hair, laughing when I burnt something in the oven rather than yell, or giving me a hug when I was obviously upset. Yeah, just thinking about losing him brings me to tears! Somehow, he keeps mom in check. I don't know how he handles it all, though.

Twin brother: I like him, but sometimes I feel like I don't know him anymore. We've played video games together (Sonic, Pokemon, Borderlands), but our connection is very weak. We only shared a class in kindergarten. I often enrolled in advanced classes and eventually went to a separate high school and college. Since he's dropped out of his college, he stayed at home and played his PS3 all day. Recently, he's found a job though. He's a butt-head who takes 45 minute showers and annoys me, but I wish him happiness.

Older half brother (same mom, different dad): He's loving, but very hot-tempered if you say the wrong thing. He's also fun to poke at, then! He whines often about his girlfriend and her two daughters, though he has a son with his girlfriend. I'm not around him enough to have that big of an issue with him. He is likely the reason why none of my mom's kids can 100% confidently drive, though.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
As much as I love my family and they mean the world to me, there are some times that I just do n o t understand their random behaviors. Like, my parents can get really moody at times, and my sister loves to repeat herself until she gets what she wants. It's really painful but yeah... gotta live with them & stuff. xD

Years
During breakfast:
Mom: You should take your studies seriously if you want to get a good job.
Me: Okay, mom. I will.

In the evening after I return from class and watch TV:
Mom: You're not going to get anywhere if you watch TV all the time.
Me: All right, I'll start studying in a few minutes.

After opening my book:
Mom: Try not to think of anything else while studying, you won't be able to concentrate properly.
Me: Eugh, okay.

2 hours later:
Mom: Huh? Over already?
Me: Yes, I need some time off now.

When I'm in front of my computer:
Mom: What did I tell you in the morning about taking your studies seriously?
Me: For the sake of humanity, just leave me alone!!

Happens everyday.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
my dad is really immature, but that's why everyone loves him. you get use to it. my sister gets everything she wants, but she is the baby of the family. my mom is sometimes out of the loop, but i just ignore it. i love my family otherwise;P

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Only with my mom and uncle. I only dislike them after they had too much alcohol and start trying to provoke problems with anyone else in the family - they get into pointless arguments.... later on when they sober up don't remember anything, but its us who don't drink that will remember everything. How much I hate alcohol.

Forgot to mention; that my grandma is too religious and it conflicts with my own beliefs
Spoiler:
and she tries to get everyone in the family involved. I just go along even if I have no clue whats going on or what my grandma is talking about, as long as I don't have to speak or give my opinion I'm good.

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
My immediate family isn't all that bad, most of the time. Quick tempers cause problems, though.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Everyone in my family has clashing viewpoints. My brother always has the thought that everything should be his, my mother hates me having my space, and then there's me...I just want to say I want no part with them anymore. :(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I generally think my family is awesome, but my step dad's side is a bit too religious imo. I feel like I can't really be me when I'm around them and I have to keep things G-rated a lot, mind how I dress (especially if we're gonna be at the pool), and not make any bad jokes (and by bad, I mean just...jokes you'd find in PG movies). Some of my cousins on that side aren't even allowed to watch certain shows and for dumb reasons, and my aunt criticized something one of my teachers did. It was supposed to be a joke and she took it as some attack on society. :/ But I mean, I really do love my family. I just wish they'd lighten up about some stuff. Maybe things will be different when my younger cousins get older, but I don't really see that happening.

Also, my mom gets really naggy with me at the worst times. When I'm already stressed over everything else in the world, she piles on more crap that I just don't have time for and it really pisses me off. She also never really paid any mind to things that I liked and it was weird for me to like things, but when my sister liked something, it was treated with respect and such. I don't understand why the different treatment there.

These are all just minor things though really...I'm seeing most of my family tomorrow to celebrate my birthday. Too bad I won't be able to drink. THAT ONE SIDE OF THE FAMILY. YOU KNOW. UGH. Tomorrow is my last day to drink illegally.

Back