• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♥~The Heart of Dragons~ The Iris Fan Club!♥

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
Hello there, it's finally time! I'm making the club I've wanted to make. Allow me to try to make a successful club for our beloved and important trainer, Iris!

Wvfiio.gif

Signing up qualifications:
None, as of currently. As long as you like Iris and want to join, that's fine.

Fan club rules:
1. Follow the rules of PokeCommunity.
2. Be respectful and kind to one another.
* PokeCommunity are especially not meant to be a haven of trolls. Do not pick on other users, that includes covertly and less obvious forms.
3. Please contribute and be active. We don't necessarily need spam. But reasonable posts that contribute, if just saying things like "Iris is awesome because..." will do a lot to keep the club alive.
4. No generally offensive materials to innocent human beings.
* I know that not everyone agrees and there are naturally divisive subjects in the world. But think of your words this way, do my words come off as attack an innocent members of a group of people? Or, would my words come off as offensive to most Iris fans? It is okay to voice a controversial opinion, but try to be within reason.
5. Temporary measure: Please do not talk about Pokemon Black & White 2 spoilers unless in [*spoil er] brackets.

Memberlist:
Nwakaego(Owner)
droomph
AlexOzzyCake

Ash493
Okjoek
QuietDragon

Why you should join and why you should be a fan of Iris:
Spoiler:

What I hope to accomplish by this group:
I hope to accomplish a vibrant, positive, and successful thread for an incredibly important and prodigious Pokemon trainer. And I hope, a popular one. One which helps build up a community that is happy and healthy with positive energy. And is also a great resource of materials and fun for Iris fans, to find things from Iris mods for video games, fanart, fanmusic, fanfics, or anything a fan of Iris might want. And hopefully, eventually, we might inspire fan materials ourselves.

Affiliates:
None thus far!
Respective honors go to ~Sexy Dragon Warrior~ The Iris Fanclub! for being our elder

Resource links and ect.:
Spoiler:

So, now that you're here. What do you like about Iris?

(And please keep any spoiler information in spoilers)

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
HIIIII

What do you like about Iris?

250px-Iris_Axew.png

Yes. That is what I like about Iris. Axew. And Emolga but that's something else.

They work together so well, and Axew is cute so that's a bonus <3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Iris is utterly wonderful; I'd love to sign-up. ♥

Young_Iris.png

The main things I love about Iris are her pure heart and determination. It's wonderful to see such an inspiring person performing in the way she does, even despite the greatest challenges she faces. She has some adorable moments where she's either cowering from an Ice type or making a funny face at Ash; some brave moments where she's battling a Haxorus or rescuing injured Pokémon; some adventurous moments where she's swinging through the forest or chasing after new Pokémon; and most of all she has the most memorable quotes & catch-phrases we could ask for. Also she has a great taste in Pokémon, as well as her main Pokémon Axew being utterly adorable <3 I was really surprised to hear the B2W2 news though; I never expected that much from her :o

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
Awww, two new members. That's great! Thanks for stopping by and joining. Welcome! I've now added both of you to the memberlist. It's already starting to feel like a party in here.

Anime Iris is pretty great. Her and Axew and Emolga are adorable together. And yeah, I love how courageous, kind, and funny she is, also. I love the chemistry between not only her and Ash and Cilan, but she has a lot of really amusing moments with her Emolga, too.

I've really, really enjoyed her in the anime. "Best Wishes!" is one of my favourite series thanks to her.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Might as well join =D

What I like about Iris...?
Aoi Yuuki :D Seriously, the fact that Iris' seiyu is Aoi made me finish Best Wishes which I stopped and made me like the series so much :D
I also love her Kibago because it's so irresistibly cute :D

And Iris seems somehow different from Satoshi's companions so far, pretty much like Dent :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
Welcome! Thank you for joining!

You've been added to the memberlist.

Aoi Yuuki is a great voice actress/seiyuu. I love to listen to her talk in the Japanese version of the anime. Her voice is perfect for Iris. Oh, how I wish they would sell official sub DVDs and Blu-Rays of Pokemon. I would buy them up right away, not the least of which the Best Wishes! series.

And Kibago is great. It's definitely one of the cutest Dragon Pokemon. And yeah, Iris definitely brings something new to the table when it comes to Ash's companions and feels different. I've heard Iris being referred to as a throwback to Misty in terms of personality and disposition. But even then, they're not quite the same. Iris is really unique and interesting, and in my opinion, really refreshing. I think that Pokemon needed a personality like hers in the mix.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
So what is everyone's favourite Iris moment? :D

For me it's definitely when she cured Bouffalant's injured hoof in the anime. She was so caring and resourceful and showed perfect trainer skills in getting Tepig & Oshawott to finally work together after all the arguments. Plus she looked hilarious in the wig. x] I also loved when she worked so hard on getting Excadrill to come out of his shell and start battling again like before; it's a huge shame what happened in their first battle after that but it just goes to show how strong their bond used to be back before the Haxorus event. It's slightly confusing why she's training an Excadrill and Emolga though considering she is/wants to be a Dragon type master... I know the stories were perfectly valid as to why she caught them, but I find it a little confusing why they'd include that haha. I expected them to keep it more like Misty where she does mainly catch Water type Pokémon in their journey... I guess it adds some variety though which is good c:

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
Oh... oh my. That's a difficult one. There's so many moments I like out of around 90 episodes. I may have to think about that a bit. That was definitely a good moment and episode, though.

I'm actually going to go back and re-watch all of the episodes from the beginning of Best Wishes soon. By the time I do that, I may have a better answer to that question.

But yeah, that was a great episode. Episode 66 I believe it was. It was... very afro. And Iris seemed very mature and resourceful. Yes. I also like the Deino episode. And not to be overly predictable, I love many of the moments around her introduction. Like she picked up Pikachu and said it was cute. Aside from character development and deeper sort of situations, there's lots of little cute and funny moments I like.

It is true that Misty did stick more to her type preference. Though she did have Togepi. I think it's realistic and I like how in both the anime and.. other stuff, she's shown to have variety. Dragons are rare, and having type variety is just wise anyway. I'm glad that they're having Iris not only a dragon focused trainer, but one that has a bit of variety to her. And are doing that to new characters in general.

I think it would be nice to see more specialized trainers with more team balance.

Sorry if my post isn't very adequate. Saying what my favourite Iris moment is, is kinda hard. I'll definitely come back and give a better answer to it, though, when I go back and rewatch it. And thanks for sticking around the thread!

Last edited:

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
I'l Join. Iris is my favorite counterpart in the anime since May. Sorry dawn, your voice was starting to eat my ears and you realy drilled the contest idea into the ground.

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
Oh, a new post! I'm so happy to see people stopping around and posting again. I was about to have to bump the group myself.

Welcome! I'm glad to have you aboard.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

On a side note about the anime, the mention of the Bouffalant episode reminds me of this adorable piece of fanart to share.
rxKMww.jpg

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
Why am I not in this club? I need to get in here, I love Iris!

As my name suggests I love dragons and Dragon Type Pokemon. A girl who wants to become a Dragon Master, who is also wild and tomboyish... she's adorable too! I just love her.

Great character. I love all of Satoshi/Ash's female companions, but Iris is a nice change from the Coordinators we've had in the last two sagas. :3

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
Hooray! Welcome aboard, you've been added to the list.

I agree, Iris is just wonderful and fantastic. It's also really nice to see someone who isn't a coordinator. Iris is also probably the most "wild" or "tomboyish" character we've had since Misty/Kasumi. It's really refreshing.

Whether it is the anime or games, and I like both. It's hard to describe Iris as anything other than a very epic, or at least very welcome addition. I like how the anime and games are also able to focus on different facets of Iris. The games on how she's tough and nails super-talented. And the anime gets to show you a closer look into the 'heart' of dragons, angle. Seeing lots of cases of her caring for Pokemon, and especially dragons.

And dragon Pokemon are just great. I remember spending lots of time in Pokemon R&B trying to get myself a Dratini. And it was all worth it.

Yay, I haven't had to double post post in the thread yet.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
Well, it's that time. It's too bad, but it looks like I need to bump this thread. I don't know how many times I can bump it, but it's been almost a month since this thread has been posted in, so I need to bump it. I hope to get more folks and posting soon.

I don't know what all to update, so I'm going to start with some fanart.
iBHByhV.jpg

9QBAe2F.jpg

Dragonite is such a tsundere.

I've noticed when looking at other clubs for activities to do, a lot of them have contests and things. But that's something that puts stress on members that are a part of the club. And maybe scares people away more than brings them in. I don't think we have enough and dedicated members to do something like that yet.

Though, if you think it would be a good idea at any time, I can come up with a prize and some kind of thing for us to do. I'm pretty sure we're much too small and it's much too soon, though.

If we ever do though, I've already got some prizes in mind. I've got two Carpe Fulgur Bundle packs in my Steam inventory I can give away for those who don't already own Recettear, Chantelise, and Fortune Summoners. If we have any fanartists, amv-ers, and fan-music artists, we can have a contest someday where the 1st prize winners get a free bundle. I think that's pretty exciting. But we have to get big someday first.

We probably have to get pretty big to do something competitive like that. In fact I'd normally wait until we are a healthy group to announce something like that. But I thought maybe mentioning something like that might actually excite some people about the future and maybe want to get them more active. Let's hope we have a healthy group in the future so we can do things like that. Right now, I'm lucky to have you who joined. Maybe I shouldn't have brought that up. In any case, I hope we become big and healthy in the future. In the meantime, relax and have fun, I hope have lots of fun discussions related to Iris.

I think the best thing for right now is to have good discussions about Iris. I need to answer the question about what my favourite Iris moments are in the anime, but sadly I'm not very good at that. I am going to do it, though. In fact, I'm going to post a lot of screenshots and talk about things.

Look forward to it, and let's please keep this group alive.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
That fan art is wonderful Nwakaego! Especially loving how the Dragonite's personality is shown xD

I'll be honest, I really don't know that much about Iris enough to talk about her in depth, but I do love watching her in the anime. The reason I joined this club was mainly due to her anime appearances because she's a lot of fun to watch and you can never guess what she'll do next, so that brings me to a question;

Do you think it was a good idea for Iris to capture the roughneck Dragonite?

This can be talking about her team, her building as a character, her other Pokémon's feelings, or anything you can think of! I personally haven't watched the episode yet so I'm not really in the position to comment, but from what I've heard I think it's an awful idea D: It's great that she managed to 'tame' the huge legendary dragon, but then how it acts around her completely spoils the whole Dragon Master vibe. D: I would've muched prefered for her to have caught either a Dratini or Dragonair and raise it into the powerful Dragonite as opposed to her straight out catching the huge beast, but I guess it's nice to see her with another Dragon type finally.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
It's been a long time since I posted. And I totally wasn't saving my post for right before the one month mark again because I found I can't bump a thread more than once.

Do you think it was a good idea for Iris to capture the roughneck Dragonite?
I think it was a great idea. It might seem a bit strange because she doesn't have one in the games. But the anime and games aren't quite the same, and they both sort of show possibilities in both. For all I know, maybe game Iris has a Dragonite and it's just in her Box 1. Also, Dragonite is still, after all these generations, one of my favourite Dragon Pokemon. And is a Pokemon that really fits Iris because in the anime she's a really big fan of cute. Also, I think it's a really get way to help show her developing into a more powerful trainer on the level she is in the games.

In fact Iris of the anime and Iris of the games are pretty well matched at this point. That is, of course, Iris of the anime is still far weaker in comparison. But Iris of the anime is far closer to Iris of the game as a trainer in many ways more fitting than anime counterparts often exists to their games. Especially for Ash/Satoshi's companions who have never been as strong as Iris. Dragonite is a really interested step in bridging that huge gap. Also, I like how anime Iris, and game Iris, are matched by both having non-Dragon Pokemon.

In the anime, you have Emolga. In the games... game... well....
Speaking of which, I think I'd like to see Iris in the anime catch a Lapras in the future. Or some ice or water/ice type. It'd be cool to see her get over her fear of ice types.

It is true though how I wish Dragonite acted less, I don't know... "roughneck" around Iris. And I probably would have enjoyed seeing her catch a loving Dratini more myself. But it's still not bad, in my opinion.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Since I was predicting that Iris will capture that Kairyu, I think it was a perfect choice.
Thanks to this, Iris now gets plenty of possibilities how to grow in character development =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back