• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
Reef2.png

ABOUT

Pokémon Reef is a new spin on the classic Pocket Monster formula. From the very start you are thrust into a battle for survival and dominance over the fierce wild Pokémon. The dynamic changes as the main character sets out -alone, on an uninhabited island- to not only find his way home, but to survive each night.

There are no gyms, no, there are gargantuan legendary creatures that must be defeated to progress throughout the island. These beasts are so powerful they can't even be captured, but luckily they are reincarned as their mortal selves when you defeat them, allowing you to capture and train even the strongest beasts.

Since there are no trainers on the island, most of your battles will be against wild Pokémon, but this time they come in packs. A pack is essentially the same as a trainer, there are a group of Pokémon you must fight in order, and they can't be captured. So while exploring a vast field you might be attacked by a pack of Mankey and their Primape leader, and have to defend yourself.

PLOT

The S.S. Anne is once again making it's yearly journey to Vermillion City. You are aboard it with your parents, having fun and messing around with the other teenagers on the ship.
One dark night, the sleep of the passengers is interupted by a huge crash, and the boat is overturned, sinking into the depths of the sea.

You wake hours later, alone on a beach. You hear the waves crashing beside you as you get to your feet and slowly realize what has happened. In the corner of your eye, you see a red glint, from an object lying ahead of you on the sand.
This is where your journey begins.

FEATURES

• Boss Battles! Fight gigantic Pokémon that may even take your whole team to take down!
  • DS Resolution! The entire game is the same resolution as D/P/Pt/HG/SS! No more tiny screens!
  • Huge Variety! Fight hundreds of Pokémon from every region out in the wild!
  • New Species! Discover amazing new species of Pokémon, including JELLOL the JELLY Pokémon!
  • Explore the Island! Make your way around the huge island to discover all of its secrets!

UPDATES

[url-inline="showpost.php?p=5190618&postcount=15"]Welcome to Camp[/url-inline]
[Two new screenshots of the campsite]
[url-inline="showpost.php?p=5194202&postcount=26"]Beautiful Battles[/url-inline]
[The new battle system revealed]
[url-inline="showpost.php?p=5198499&postcount=43"]Support the Reef[/url-inline]
[New user bars and support banners]
[url-inline="showpost.php?p=5247381&postcount=100"]Challenger Approaching[/url-inline]
[JELLOL line revealed]
[url-inline="showpost.php?p=5257101&postcount=105"]The Natives Part 1[/url-inline]
[GERMONUT and SPECTAST revealed]

POKéMON

494.png
#494: JELLOL
495.png
#495: JELLOLY
496.png
#496: JELLOCITY

SCREENSHOTS

004A.png
005A.png
006A.png

VIDEO (OUTDATED)

SUPPORT

---

Spoiler:

CREDITS

Developed in RPG Maker XP
Being a bro - Kay3o;
Tileset - Kyledove, Alucus;
Starter Kit - Poccil;
Scripting Help - Venom12;
Original CSS (Pokémon Lime) - Wichu;

Last edited:

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Wow, the plot is amazing. Here are a couple of pointers:

1 - On your post, you should add credits, and some features. You should credit some people ;)
2 - Whenever you edit your graphics don't just use images add like pixel art. That will improve graphics.

Other than that keep up the good work this game looks amazing and I would like to see it gain more progress in the future.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
You didn't include features or screens.

He didn't need to have screenshots, he has a video.

And about features, you don't need them they aren't in the thread requirements. -_-

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
love the idea its great :)

i really really like the idea :D

and the video and starters are great too

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Seems okay at the moment, though I won't be able to conclusively give you an opinion until I see a little more work, as at the moment it's little more than a generic Essentials game, though I do wish you luck.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
I think that this is a great idea.

My only concerns are that there are no trainers and no pc.

I recommend that you change the scripts and graphics to reflect an island.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
And about features, you don't need them they aren't in the thread requirements. -_-

Features are an important part of attracting supporters though.
You get a feel for what you're getting with the game. I think it should be a requirement.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Seems like it'll be cool. Wanna see more though. some custom stuff you know...

should this be Plot and story idea space section?
what happened to lime?

Last edited:

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
Why would this be in Plot and Story? I've already started working on it.
Regarding Lime, I wasn't as good and had far less common sense when I started that project, so rather than try and fix absolutely everything that was wrong with it, I'm starting fresh.

Last edited:

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years

WELCOME TO CAMP

004A.png
005A.png

Hoorah! You have made base-camp on the island! This is where you will return after trekking through the mountainous forrests and krabby-ridden beaches.
At your tent, you can revive and heal Pokémon, as well as store new ones in your special PokéCase, which acts as a PC.

Last edited:

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
Years
Nice features and I love the idea of being stuck on an island and the Pokebase is also awesome.
What I don't like is the real life images as the Pokemon party Background literally Burned my eyes.
Other than that nice ideas and I hope you put lots of effort into this!

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Okay, when I first read the thread's title, I thought this is called Pokemon Beef.
But it looks great!
Also what is the blue water Pokemon?

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
Thanks.

And that Pokémon is Azuril.

Now, I'm off for the night, but I look forward to your posts.

Regards,
Rave.

Last edited:

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Great update, but what's up with the diaganol (I don't know if I spelled that right :D) lines across the screen?

Anyways, really good work with the whole story. I am truly impressed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back