• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Pokemon Colloseum: Dakim's Uncatchable Shiny Entei

I just tried out Pokemon Colloseum, and it is impossible. Early on in the game on Mt. Battle, you will battle against Cipher Admin Dakim, and one of his Pokémon is a Shadow Entei. Shadow Entei defeats the sole purpose of Shadow Pokémon. It is uncatchable, breaking free out of every ball you throw at it. Only a Master Ball can successfully snag this Shadow Pokémon. It's like the game encourages you to use a cheating device!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Entei has a low catch rate, I'm afraid. So it may take some time to catch, but it's not impossible. I have played that game tons of times and I catch Entei in most of my runs on the first try. Granted, my first time through, I didn't get him haha. I'm sure that since it's your first time playing, it seems difficult but really, it just takes some patience, like with catching legendaries in any game. :)

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Sorry if it says "shiny" instead of "shadow", I didn't notice that.

Unfortunately, I am unable to train Swablu to evolve it into an Altaria. I defeated every trainer there is at that point, and Swablu hasn't gotten enough experience to reach Level 35. How am I supposed to do any training?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You can rebattle the trainers in Pyrite Town. :) There's also the Pre-Gym if you haven't done that, in Phenac City. Also, merging this with the Q&A thread since it's question-y. Then we also won't have to deal with the inaccurate title, lol.

Edit: btw, Altaria ia an amazing Pokemon that you should keep on your permanent team! I'm really biased though lol

Years
Finished Main Storylines...

PokeCommunity...
I hadn't played Pokemon in about six years, but within the past year I went through and completed a game (sometimes two) in each generation. I want to eventually complete the national dex, but I was wondering what I should start doing next. I love going on a linear path and now I'm at a stand still
I'm honestly open to any and all suggestions!

Years
Have you done Battle Tower/ Contests/Pokeathlon events? Maybe you could hand pick a team in Gen 3 and raise them up, getting as many ribbons for them as possible! Migrate them up to 4th and 5th Gen and do the same thing for them! :) (using newer pokemon would be fine too, of course) Hope you can come upwith something to freshen the game (you could also look in the Challenge section for ideas)

The Contests have not ever really sparked my interests, but the battle tower is a great idea. I'm also leaning towards breeding an eventual competitive team! Thanks for the suggestions :)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Sorry if it says "shiny" instead of "shadow", I didn't notice that.

Unfortunately, I am unable to train Swablu to evolve it into an Altaria. I defeated every trainer there is at that point, and Swablu hasn't gotten enough experience to reach Level 35. How am I supposed to do any training?
Do you have Umbreon?
Toxic works like a charm as well.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
Why is every flying type a dual type? Why can't a Pokemon just be flying, anyone? Is it just a standard to put normal next to flying.

Years
Why is every flying type a dual type? Why can't a Pokemon just be flying, anyone? Is it just a standard to put normal next to flying.

Generation 5 did introduce a pure Flying-type Pokemon, the Legendary Pokemon Tornadus. And that's not even counting Sky Plate Arceus. But yeah most Flying-types often get paired with another type, with Normal, Water and Bug among the most common.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
Generation 5 did introduce a pure Flying-type Pokemon, the Legendary Pokemon Tornadus. And that's not even counting Sky Plate Arceus. But yeah most Flying-types often get paired with another type, with Normal, Water and Bug among the most common.

Oh, okay. Didn't know that, am just now playing Pokemon White Version.

tnfsf11

Hey everybody, the first spinoff game I've played was Red Rescue Team, I didn't like it because of its difficult controls & not so cool graphics, but I kinda liked the story...
I then saw screenshots of Gates To Infinity & I liked the graphics a lot, so...
Do you think Gates To Infinity might be the one for me? (please list pros & cons :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2014
Well I haven't played Pokemon since Emerald. I want to try out the new generations but I don't want to go through every single game. Could somebody lay out the best games to play throughout? I've mastered every Pokemon game up to emerald. This is my order of favorites so far. Yellow , Gold , Sapphire , FireRed , Emerald. I know there is diamond , black etc. Which should I go for? Is platinum the same story line as diamond and pearl? By the way i'm going to place this on an emulator if I can find one.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If you're going to play a gen IV game to pick back up after Emerald, Platinum is the way to go! It fixed a lot of problems that Diamond and Pearl had, so you definitely want to play that and just...ignore that Diamond and Pearl exist, in all honesty. Next you'll want to play either HeartGold or SoulSilver, remakes of Gold and Silver with a lot of influence from Crystal as well. :) Black and White are both great as well, though I recommend White over Black because of the version exclusives. Plus there's a place with really nice music that Black kind of got jipped on, lol. And then after that, there's Black 2 and White 2. You'll want to play the one that matches up with the game you just finished. So if you get White, you'll probably want White 2. Though tbh, Black 2 has most of the version exclusives you miss out on in White, so that might be the better choice.

If you have questions about those games specifically, feel free to ask in the Q&A threads for those games, like if you want to know more about Black 2, you could ask in the B2W2 Q&A thread in Fifth Generation Gaming. :)

tl;dr I recommend Platinum, then HeartGold or SoulSilver, then Black or White, then Black 2 or White 2. :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
Question. I'v been thinking about getting into the games for a while now, so I'v been wondering if it would be worth it to get Ruby/Emerald/LeafGreen/FireRed/Colosseum/XD (I have Sapphire). I ask because I'v done a lot of research and it seems like you can catch pretty much all the Pokemon from those in the gen 4-5 games.
I'm the type that if I got REALLY into the games, I'd want to catch every Pokemon legitimately possible, lol. I know it would costs a lot since I pretty much only have one of 17 games that can transfer throughout each-other, as well as needing a 3ds as I only have a lite.

So does anyone know if there's anything special about some Pokemon or anything in the gen 3 games?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
tbh, if you want to get all the gen III Pokemon, you're better off dealing with a gen V game. You don't even need to get all the games anymore to collect all the Pokemon, really. You can get a gen V game and trade with people here on PC using the Trade Corner to get other Pokemon you need, and then there are also many available in Dream World and Dream Radar, which is on 3DS, so if you plan on getting one, then there ya go. I don't know much about Dream World or Radar, I'm afraid.

But from a playing standpoint, if you want to have a bit of fun, I recommend getting FireRed or LeafGreen, Colosseum, and Gale of Darkness. They're all great games on their own, without the massive Pokemon collecting, haha. You already have Sapphire, but if you want to play through Hoenn again and don't want to restart your Sapphire, Emerald is the way to go. But if you're buying online, be very cautious with buying GBA games. A lot of them are faked. If you run across a GBA Pokemon game you want to but, feel free to come to this thread and post pictures of the game you want to purchase so that some of us can help you identify whether or not it's fake.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2013
Need help identifying fake games

I've been lurking on ebay and I saw this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281115509848?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
The price is very attractive
Black 1 has no box
Black 2 has box, no manual
Send from USA
From pics, cartridges look legit, not faded or grayish like many fakes I've seen.
Would you say these are real or fake?
Also, is there really any major drawback to a game being fake?
Thanks for answering, sorry if this breaks any rules. I read the rules and didn't see anything against this.
Also I wasn't sure if this should go here or under Pokemon Gaming Central.
Thanks for reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back