• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

American Idol, The Voice, X-Factor

which is your favorite

• American Idol

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Voice

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • X-Factor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sirfetch’d

Mine is the Voice. It used to be AI, but now with Minaj at the table it has to be horrible. It has really gone downhill over the past 5 years. The Voice however, is growing in popularity and the talent is astounding. The judges/coaches are all great as well. Not a fan of Carson Daly though.
I HATE the X-Factor. It seems so staged and there is virtually no talent, IMO. The judges are horrendus except for Cowell.

Tell me what you think. Discuss.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't like any of these shows tbqh. If I had to pick, I'll go with The Voice. AI sucks and I haven't cared for it in years, and...Nicki Minaj, really? The people trying out have more talent than her. Never watched the X-Factor.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Yeah I went with The Voice too. I'm not particularly into any of them, but my sister made us watch The Voice and as obviously scripted as it could be at times, it was fun watching the interactions between the judges.

That's all anyone watches these shows for, I think. Has nothing to do with the 'talent' :P

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I used to love American Idol, back when it was, you know, the only singing competition, and it was still pretty damn big. But then it went on the wrong track with hour-long results shows and very little focus on contestants...

Now The Voice and X-Factor both exist, and they're completely drilling each other into the ground. They're all like the exact same thing, only with different judges and different presentation styles. It has all become karaoke to me, and with the same kind of attractive guitar-playing white-male heartthrob winning American Idol every season, these shows might go the way of the dodo. With American Idol having catfights between Mariah and Minaj... well there may be ratings ploys with it for sure.

I still won't care. I've seen way too much reality TV drama in my day. As someone who has hosted Survivor games online... a singing show can't really top some of the things I've seen. Whatever happened to watching these shows for the SINGING? Why is X-Factor a submergence into one gigantic British ego? Why is American Idol pulling ratings stunts like that Jermaine guy and falsely eliminating Jessica Sanchez so the judges could use the save? They're not really singing shows even though they say they are...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
The Voice. I like how its done like a competition, different from the other two shows. I like how the judges also don't see who is auditioning.

I also actually like the judges.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
I don't even know when The Voice/American Idol is on. I only have time for X-Factor, because I love Demi Lovato.

Back