• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Advanced Song: GBA Music Editor [Alpha 0.5] ~ Open-Source

Mikekillkill

Musket Marine
Years
can you add a tool that will allow us to use a SF2 to replace the game's soundfont, without all the hard work of extracting all the samples from the soundfont then putting them into RSEFRLG instruments

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
can you add a tool that will allow us to use a SF2 to replace the game's soundfont, without all the hard work of extracting all the samples from the soundfont then putting them into RSEFRLG instruments

That is likely not going to happen, at least not with how far along the tool's development is right now. The SF2 format is actually pretty complex, so it's not a priority for me as much as getting basic functionality working right now. :)

Mikekillkill

Musket Marine
Years
That is likely not going to happen, at least not with how far along the tool's development is right now. The SF2 format is actually pretty complex, so it's not a priority for me as much as getting basic functionality working right now. :)

Just to make it easier, Is a WAV file possible for this?
also for your 0xCD problem this might help... http://webcache.googleusercontent.c.../%5B462%5Dsappy.txt+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

and 0xCD is used in making a triangle wave (Taken off of that link)
but instead of 0xCD its 0xcd (I dont know if theres any difference of lower and uppercase HEXADECIMALS)

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Just to make it easier, Is a WAV file possible for this?
also for your 0xCD problem this might help... http://webcache.googleusercontent.c.../%5B462%5Dsappy.txt+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

and 0xCD is used in making a triangle wave (Taken off of that link)
but instead of 0xCD its 0xcd (I dont know if theres any difference of lower and uppercase HEXADECIMALS)

Yes, I have basic Wave file importing in the works. It's working so far, so fingers crossed!
But, you can only import samples -- you'd need to set up the rest manually.

Anyway, I actually already had that document already, and it does not know what command 0xCD does. The part you gave was just part of some sample data for a triangle wave for a 16-byte waveform, but thanks for trying! :)

Also, FYI, casing doesn't make a difference in hexadecimal.

Mikekillkill

Musket Marine
Years
Yes, I have basic Wave file importing in the works. It's working so far, so fingers crossed!
But, you can only import samples -- you'd need to set up the rest manually.

Anyway, I actually already had that document already, and it does not know what command 0xCD does. The part you gave was just part of some sample data for a triangle wave for a 16-byte waveform, but thanks for trying! :)

Also, FYI, casing doesn't make a difference in hexadecimal.

Hope you can make it export soon

PS Thanks

Mikekillkill

Musket Marine
Years
I have an idea of how you should release the beta!
those unfinished features should be restricted on the public version untill they are finished
while the person you select for beta testing should have access to the unfinished features...
I really need looping .S files and i'm looking at that "Disassemble to .S file" :D

xGal

Mhm
Years

Today's Preview, Some Info. & A Contest

I am loving all the support I'm getting. So, I worked extra hard today, and I managed to get pretty far code-wise on a Wave sample editor! It can read both types of samples from the ROM - compressed and uncompressed!

In addition, I have added rudimentary wave playback for both the samples and the waveforms us NAudio! Although, I'm not sure if it sounds correct yet or not. Let's hope! :)

The Sample Editor in all its glory!

Let me know what you think about the design itself. Should I make the Wave view smushed together more?​

Also, I have improved the colors for the track editor, so the commands aren't so hard to read and such.

Info.

And now for some info. about the program itself:

Advanced Song is written in Visual C# for the .Net 4.0 Framework, so as long as the framework is compatible with your computer, you should be able to use it.

I actually began the program's development in late October of 2013, and posted it here in December. Since then, I've actually reprogrammed the tool six times to varying degrees of success, before finally reaching the seventh reprogram, the current version. And it's going great, so I doubt I will need to restart here (I have a bad habit of coding myself in circles on these kinds of projects).

I just thought I'd share a small bit of the history about this so that I can show that I haven't been just screwing around since I originally posted it. I have been working!

Contest

Finally, I have a little contest for anyone that's interested. Let me warn you, though. It's not for the faint of heart.

You see as I have been working on the disassembler, I ran into a problem, or rather a single command that I cannot figure out.

Command 0xCD.

Command 0xCD is known as "XCMD" in the MPlayDef.s file, with a comment referring to something like an external library or something, and the only thing I can figure out is that it has either 4 bytes or a 32-bit integer as its argument.

So, my contest is thus: I want someone to figure out what command 0xCD does, as well as its true argument parameters. Whoever can send me the best results by a time I will decide later (which will be near the beta release), they will get to be the official beta tester or Advanced Song (other than myself, of course) and get a chance to mess around with the tool before anyone else. {D:}

This of course also makes it easier for me to select a beta-tester as well, so we all win! :D

If this interests you, please PM me anything you have on it and I will get in contact with the winner when it's time. Thanks~!

Just a suggestion for the sample editor, let's take the wave sample for example:
Code:
FF FF FE 86 43 03 46 8E FF FF FE 86 43 03 46 8E
This is a wave sample's hex data. My suggestion is to add a textbox with the sample's hex data, so it will be easier to port samples :).

By far, the tool looks awesome. I would have joined that little contest thingy, but I am kinda busy in other stuff nowdays. Perhaps you already states this in some other post, but are you going to make this program open source?

Good luck, I can't wait for the release :).

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Just a suggestion for the sample editor, let's take the wave sample for example:
Code:
FF FF FE 86 43 03 46 8E FF FF FE 86 43 03 46 8E
This is a wave sample's hex data. My suggestion is to add a textbox with the sample's hex data, so it will be easier to port samples :).

By far, the tool looks awesome. I would have joined that little contest thingy, but I am kinda busy in other stuff nowdays. Perhaps you already states this in some other post, but are you going to make this program open source?

Good luck, I can't wait for the release :).

Thanks for the suggestion. However, if you look at the waveform editor, you'll notice that I did include a textbox. ;)

And about the open source question: yes, I plan to make this open source. I just wanna wait until I get everything in order before I release the code.

Miah

╮( ^ ∇ ^")╭
Years
This looks interesting...
It works in windows 8 right? Heh, it's obvious anyway.
I'm looking forward in using it.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
Will you be able to insert midi's into a rom? I'm still new to pokemon hacking, so sorry if it's like, impossible or something XD

The program will insert .s files into the roms. Midis can be converted to .s files using a program called mid2agb. (Its been a while since I checked the first post, so I don't know if this program can do that yet or if its just mid2agb that does that. I'm pretty sure its just mid2agb for convertion of midis to .s files.)

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
The program will insert .s files into the roms. Midis can be converted to .s files using a program called mid2agb. (Its been a while since I checked the first post, so I don't know if this program can do that yet or if its just mid2agb that does that. I'm pretty sure its just mid2agb for convertion of midis to .s files.)

Yep, you nailed it. Currently, this program can assemble .s files that were converted from a midi using mid2agb, and has rudimentary .wav insertion as well.

Look Here Please!

Thank you. Now, I realize that during the summer, I was posting quite frequently about progress, and then I basically dropped off the face of the earth these past few weeks. Well, do not fret: I have not given up on this!

You see, I don't really like making excuses for things, which I find myself often doing for this, but I have legitimate reason here. I'm currently in my senior year of high school, and I have been buried in homework, essays, college applications... the works. So, I've had to take a break from programming as a whole.

What I am essentially saying is that this project is on hiatus, for the time being, until I get my schoolwork in a place where I have time to work again. If I had to guess, I would say mid-November, but I'm making no promises.

Thanks for being understanding! ~itari

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years
Yep, you nailed it. Currently, this program can assemble .s files that were converted from a midi using mid2agb, and has rudimentary .wav insertion as well.

Look Here Please!

Thank you. Now, I realize that during the summer, I was posting quite frequently about progress, and then I basically dropped off the face of the earth these past few weeks. Well, do not fret: I have not given up on this!

You see, I don't really like making excuses for things, which I find myself often doing for this, but I have legitimate reason here. I'm currently in my senior year of high school, and I have been buried in homework, essays, college applications... the works. So, I've had to take a break from programming as a whole.

What I am essentially saying is that this project is on hiatus, for the time being, until I get my schoolwork in a place where I have time to work again. If I had to guess, I would say mid-November, but I'm making no promises.

Thanks for being understanding! ~itari
Good luck man, i understand you cause i have a ton of pressure too even though i'm in the 9th grade....

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016
I will so wait for this, I'm going to work on other parts of my hack until this comes.

I found out Sappy doesn't work on my new Windows 8 computer (noooo). So I guess this will replace my sappy :D

Mikekillkill

Musket Marine
Years
Darn... I really need a built in MIDI inserter instead of having to turn it into an S
which screws the song up snd when it gets to sappy the tempo and instruments are jacked up...

so were the 1st 2 tracks are the only ones to work...
and the tempo is 120 >_<#

Back