• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

**My First OU Team**

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
**My First OU Team** ~UPDATE~

Hello everybody.
I was gone for a bit- but now I'm back!!

Okay. I've made changes according to suggestions. Please consult the designated sections to be sure your recommendations have been applied correctly.

I apologize for the sloppy look of all
this and /that/. I am keeping the original information for personal review.

I'm still looking for in-depth suggestions on Dragonite and Breloom.

Spoiler:

Now, this is the Team's Introduction, including a brief recall of roles and an overview / analysis of my expectations and experiences.

Spoiler:

Most importantly, the actual RMT.
**Updated but unfinished**

Spoiler:

And finally, the Threat List. I plan on developing this further.
**Now updated to reflect the changes made to team**

Spoiler:

I look forward to your comments.
Thanks for reading and a special thanks for everyone who has helped already.

- Alexial <3

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I just wanted to mention a few things before I went off to practice. :(

Firstly people... don't expect a CB Heatran. XDD I presume you meant Specs? You shouldn't run Explosion no matter what. I'd run Modest and slash HP Ice >> Taunt as well as run Air Balloon >> Shuca - an immunity to Ground and a psuedo-check to Landorus and Excadrill is worth a lot more than a dead Heatran, as some EQs will KO it through Shuca. Also EQ is more common than Fighting-type moves, at the very least against Heatran - and the Fighting-resist berry is Chople.

Latias without STAB is useless. Don't use Ice Beam, it grants you limited coverage outside of what Dragon Pulse can do - and Dragon Pulse hits harder thanks to STAB. Also, I'd feel confident in investing in max speed and then from there deciding on max HP or max SpA - its speed is very useful and can be utilized for a lot of situations etc.

Okay I'm sorry about the short rate but I've really got to get going soon. ;o;

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024

Firstly people... don't expect a CB Heatran. XDD I presume you meant Specs?

xD xD
Omg that was really stupid of me.
-.-;;

You shouldn't run Explosion no matter what. I'd run Modest and slash HP Ice >> Taunt as well as run Air Balloon >> Shuca - an immunity to Ground and a psuedo-check to Landorus and Excadrill is worth a lot more than a dead Heatran, as some EQs will KO it through Shuca. Also EQ is more common than Fighting-type moves, at the very least against Heatran - and the Fighting-resist berry is Chople.

Air Balloon and HP Ice, got it.

Latias without STAB is useless. Don't use Ice Beam, it grants you limited coverage outside of what Dragon Pulse can do - and Dragon Pulse hits harder thanks to STAB. Also, I'd feel confident in investing in max speed and then from there deciding on max HP or max SpA - its speed is very useful and can be utilized for a lot of situations etc.

So, Dragon Pulse > Ice Beam? Okay. Also, I found that a lot of moves that Latias can learn, Jellicent can learn to (really just Ice Beam and Psychic..). Should I invest in Ice Beam > Psychic on Jellicent? Or drop Ice Beam all together?

Okay I'm sorry about the short rate but I've really got to get going soon. ;o;

lol Vrai. I'm some girl from the Internet. Don't apologize to me for having a life beyond my RMT. :P No matter how pretty it is.

Thanks a bunch!

Years
I noticed that you have used a - speed nature on some of your Pokemon and then you have invested the last four EVs into speed. Move them elsewhere.

Bullet Punch is too good not to run on Scizor in my opinion. It's what makes him so busted. I would probably add it in over U-Turn or Superpower.

With Will O Wisp on your Jellicent, Surf becomes the superior option over Scald, in my opinion.

That's about it for me.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I noticed that you have used a - speed nature on some of your Pokemon and then you have invested the last four EVs into speed. Move them elsewhere.

xDDDDD
Yes. You are correct
- noted but not edited yet.

Bullet Punch is too good not to run on Scizor in my opinion. It's what makes him so busted. I would probably add it in over U-Turn or Superpower.

I'm a little confused by your diction.
But I will get rid of Bullet Punch in favor of U-Turn / Superpower.

With Will O Wisp on your Jellicent, Surf becomes the superior option over Scald, in my opinion.

That's about it for me.

I will revise this.
Will-O-Wisp may not stay for much longer. I'm finding that it's not working for me too well. ;-;

Maybe Toxic > Will-o-Wisp? Or, something completely different > Will-o-Wisp?

Thanks for the suggestions Drakow!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Scizor NEEDS Bullet Punch. It's its main selling point, as it's priority + STAB + Technician boost makes it an extremely powerful move to revenge kill with, as well as in general just dent things. If you're using a CB Set, use Bullet Punch/Superpower/U-Turn/Pusuit. Also make the EVs 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe. I don't know what all the random EVs you have in defense and special defense are really doing for you.

With Jellicent, run Surf and WoW. The extra power helps you out a bunch.

Just some little nitpicks =3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Why would you opt for Psychic on Jellicent? It doesn't really have much use, unless it's being used for STAB, which Jellicent doesn't get. I think that Bold may be better to help out Jellicent's lower defensive stat, since its Special Defense is pretty good already. Also, I'd use this:
-Scald/Surf
-Toxic/Will-o-Wisp
-Recover
-Ice Beam/Taunt/Shadow Ball
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP/216 Def/44 Spe
Item: Leftovers

If you're using a Psychic move on Latias, use Psyshock to let it take on Blissey more easily.

And always, always use Bullet Punch on Scizor.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Scizor NEEDS Bullet Punch. It's its main selling point, as it's priority + STAB + Technician boost makes it an extremely powerful move to revenge kill with, as well as in general just dent things. If you're using a CB Set, use Bullet Punch/Superpower/U-Turn/Pusuit. Also make the EVs 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe. I don't know what all the random EVs you have in defense and special defense are really doing for you.

With Jellicent, run Surf and WoW. The extra power helps you out a bunch.

Just some little nitpicks =3

Got it. Thanks for being so picky! ;D
Scizor will be changed and Jellicent will be patched up.

PlatinumDude said:
Why would you opt for Psychic on Jellicent? It doesn't really have much use, unless it's being used for STAB, which Jellicent doesn't get. I think that Bold may be better to help out Jellicent's lower defensive stat, since its Special Defense is pretty good already. Also, I'd use this:
-Scald/Surf
-Toxic/Will-o-Wisp
-Recover
-Ice Beam/Taunt/Shadow Ball
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP/216 Def/44 Spe
Item: Leftovers

If you're using a Psychic move on Latias, use Psyshock to let it take on Blissey more easily.

And always, always use Bullet Punch on Scizor.

Cool. Thanks for the recommendation PlatinumDude.
Ideally, Dragonite will take care of Blissey. But you're right, it's best if Latias can do the same.

Back