• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Excuse me, I was about to post my hack thread on the progressing hacks thread and I was checking my hack (a hack of firered) so far so I can warn people about some bugs, and theres one that really is troubleing me, when I was texting my hack via advance text and the oaks parcel text at the pokemart was not on advance text so I couldn't edit it, is there anyway I can edit oaks parcel text without advance text?

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Edit the item's description. DavidJCobb's tutorial on item creation briefly covers this. It's very easy. :]
I know how to edit the items descrption it's the guy that gives you the parcel to hand the proffesor is the problem, it's simply not in advance text and I don't know any other way to edit it without causeing it to screw up :P

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
You switch the first colour of the palette with the transparent colour that is somewhere else on the palette. If the transparent colour is already first, then just leave it alone.

Well I just stuck with using the black since it always comes first anyway. So that's first in all color pallet viewers (photoshop, infanview, etc).

My main problem is the fact that the first colour in the pallet doesn't stay the first colour in the pallet when I upload it onto advancemap. It moves to some random location in the pallet and instead some random other colour becomes the transparent colour.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Well I just stuck with using the black since it always comes first anyway. So that's first in all color pallet viewers (photoshop, infanview, etc).
If you need to specifically control which colors are assigned to which slots in a palette, you can use GIMP. You'd create the palette in GIMP, paste in your image, and convert it to indexed colors with that palette. You can find some instructions on that here.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
If you need to specifically control which colors are assigned to which slots in a palette, you can use GIMP. You'd create the palette in GIMP, paste in your image, and convert it to indexed colors with that palette. You can find some instructions on that here.

It's okay it worked in Infanview, I get it just the way I want it on Infanview but the problem is as I said already the order of the colours in the pallet gets all muddled up as soon as I import it onto advancemap. That's my main problem.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
It's okay it worked in Infanview, I get it just the way I want it on Infanview but the problem is as I said already the order of the colours in the pallet gets all muddled up as soon as I import it onto advancemap. That's my main problem.
When you import the image, or when you import the palette?

If all else fails, you can manually recreate the palette in AdvanceMap's Block Editor, to ensure that each color is assigned to the proper slot. Slightly time-consuming, but failure-proof in my experience.

superblah411

Osnap
Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2016
Hi, I had a quick question about a problem that occurred while using Advance Map.

I am currently working on a hack of Fire Red, and I wanted to make a simple adjustment to Digglet's Cave. I changed the map's layouy slightly by adding another path to walk through. Just changing 1's to C's and arranging the tiles to look proper.

I had completed my edit, but afterwards Digglet's Cave and Viridian Forest became inaccessible. Upon entry the screen would turn black and freeze.

I've edited many of the other maps in the game already, completely overhauling some of them, and no errors like this had occurred, any idea why this happened or mistake I may have made?

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Hi, I had a quick question about a problem that occurred while using Advance Map.

I am currently working on a hack of Fire Red, and I wanted to make a simple adjustment to Digglet's Cave. I changed the map's layouy slightly by adding another path to walk through. Just changing 1's to C's and arranging the tiles to look proper.

I had completed my edit, but afterwards Digglet's Cave and Viridian Forest became inaccessible. Upon entry the screen would turn black and freeze.

I've edited many of the other maps in the game already, completely overhauling some of them, and no errors like this had occurred, any idea why this happened or mistake I may have made?
What specifically did you change, and which version of AMap were you using?

Off the top of my head I would guess that it's some sort of data corruption involving the attributes in the maps' headers. That, or some bizarre oddity involving level scripts or warps.

superblah411

Osnap
Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2016
What specifically did you change, and which version of AMap were you using?

Off the top of my head I would guess that it's some sort of data corruption involving the attributes in the maps' headers. That, or some bizarre oddity involving level scripts or warps.

I am using AMap 1.92 and I just made a little square area to the left towards the bottom and edited the movement permissions. If I may have done something else by mistakes, throw any ideas out there. Can't post a screen shot due to post count, but I will PM it.

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
Years
Can some tell me the following:
The firered Bag Offset
The Firered Bag Offset (inside the bag you know the item selection)

Shinypoliwrath

RMXP Noob
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Does anyone know the palette offsets for the gym badges, male/female hero and the rival for Fire Red? UNLZ isn't finding me the correct offsets.
Oh, and also the image offsets for the battle backgrounds.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
I am using AMap 1.92 and I just made a little square area to the left towards the bottom and edited the movement permissions. If I may have done something else by mistakes, throw any ideas out there. Can't post a screen shot due to post count, but I will PM it.
Okay.

Here's the screenshot in case anyone else wants to help.

Now, I'm seeing some movement permissions that I haven't seen before -- Ds. I doubt that that would cause a crash, however.

Did you add events or level scripts to the map? Or were any events or level scripts present when you started editing? Do you have the warps needed to enter the map?

Can some tell me the following:
The firered Bag Offset
It varies. The game uses a technique called DMA to constantly move vital data around in RAM. They do this to prevent people from modifying the data using cheat devices. The contents of the Bag are DMA-protected, as are all script flags and most script variables.

...In other words, there is no one single offset.

Last edited:

superblah411

Osnap
Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2016
Okay.

Now, I'm seeing some movement permissions that I haven't seen before -- Ds. I doubt that that would cause a crash, however.

Did you add events or level scripts to the map? Or were any events or level scripts present when you started editing? Do you have the warps needed to enter the map?

There are only entrance and exit warp tiles, and I did not adjust or alter them in any way and no other events, I did ad 1 person event for a hidden item, but since deleted the event. Ds were there on arrival. Also, I didn't mention that it freezes when entering the small room before the actual cave room. Both entrances on routes 2 and 11 cause the freeze (black screen, no sound) as well as entering either side of viridian forest. I use a save state to load inside of the forest, and the game froze when I exited a wild battle(reloading the map?) I've checked in AMap, and both maps were as I left them. Hadn't even edited the forest in over a month.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Is there any way to create a grayscale effect in a script like when FR/LG go over the player's last activities before saving? Or do I need a whole new tileset?

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
There are only entrance and exit warp tiles, and I did not adjust or alter them in any way and no other events, I did ad 1 person event for a hidden item, but since deleted the event. Ds were there on arrival. Also, I didn't mention that it freezes when entering the small room before the actual cave room. Both entrances on routes 2 and 11 cause the freeze (black screen, no sound) as well as entering either side of viridian forest. I use a save state to load inside of the forest, and the game froze when I exited a wild battle(reloading the map?) I've checked in AMap, and both maps were as I left them. Hadn't even edited the forest in over a month.
Odd. Do other maps from that same bank (Bank 2) work?

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Need help for hacking 3rd generation.

In Emerald, how do you access Birch´s intro with XSE. Plz answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back