• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Dude I noticed that too. But I only used it because the word dude has been on my mind a lot recently. Like who made that word? My grandpa told me it used to mean "man from the city"

Err yeah.
Dude no way I say dude all of the time, dude. So what's the issue with saying dude, dude?

Ah, it's the tiniest details that our mod notices d:

ANYWAYS GOOD NEWS I finally set up the wiki. Even though its in such a rough state that it can't even be called a wiki. There's a few rules in the front page but remember if this work everything there will be reworked!

Follow this link to the wiki:-

http://pokecommunityroleplaycorner.wikia.com

If anybody wants to suggest anything, feel free to flood me with PMs. Anything about changing the design, font, colors, etc. please tell me. Remember I'm still very new to this thing as well so please go easy on me lol ;;

Also I worked around a bit with a few features and added a badge system to the wiki. I'll talk with Skymin to possibly add a little Emblems system as a reward for contributing, to encourage people to work on the wiki. Let's see what happens.

UNTIL THEN GO GO PEOPLE SO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO!
I'll get myself situated there, make pages for my characters, and I'll make the page for Sacred Fire/Divine Water, and ask the members to put in their pages.

Ahh I seeeeee

Well being a singer Apollo would be my choice!

But I hate Jigglypuff.... xD

Looking forward to seeing this up!
Hm... I have an idea, but then I'd need the singer too...

ytfeL

Glorious Strategist
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 25, 2012
@machomuu: Thanks :] I will most likely do a mini write up of what the opening post of the thread would look like and see who is interested before posting the real one to get approved. Since it is a bit more team oriented I imagine having a few people in the game as it starts will help speed up the process. But I am prepared to even make it where all of the players might be in the same league, or maybe just all arrived in the city with the hopes of joining one. Who knows, I have plenty of options though :P

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
*Looks at ytfeL's post*

Sigh... right as I'm working on a Sci-Fi/Fantasy like RP someone else is. I wanted to try something different... well maybe different, I don't keep track with all the RPs on here so not sure it's that original or not... Anyway thought I would post the rough draft of the story and role for feedback. There is more going on but I fear giving too much away in the first post, but at the same time need to make it interesting.

Spoiler:

Any thoughts? Sorry for some of my grammar I realize its not the best since I'm tired right now. Don't worry when I RP I'll make sure to proof read my posts/RP material.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Machomuu- and you dont have to wait long anymore! :3 it's almost done xD i got to add a few pics and information to the Youkai's, then it's ready :)

I still gotta make my RPO posts o.o damnittt xD

ytfeL

Glorious Strategist
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 25, 2012
@stingray: Great minds? :P Seems like we have some similar traits in our games, but the key differences make the games totally unique. I still have a bit to work on with my project, but don't be discouraged about finishing yours! I still need to do my write up of a rough draft for mine so you are ahead. If you would like I am even up for discussing mechanics and whatnot with you or I can be a sounding board for ideas/concerns. If you need any help let me know. :]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'm so upset about missing the RPO sign ups due to being on holiday, the posts are looking great so far D: I'll make sure to be here for the next one :p

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Speaking of the RPOs and whn they come back,is this going to be an every-four years thing, like the normal olympics? Or is it an every year ordeal/one time thing?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Are there no new journey like RPs being planned? I haven't seen one to my particular liking in quite a while and I'm trying hard to resist posting another one of my own xD

The warden

I'm back!
Years
Speaking of the RPOs and whn they come back,is this going to be an every-four years thing, like the normal olympics? Or is it an every year ordeal/one time thing?

I'm quite sure that the plan is to make it an annual event.

Are there no new journey like RPs being planned? I haven't seen one to my particular liking in quite a while and I'm trying hard to resist posting another one of my own xD

Well there's mine in the works, I'm hoping to launch it soon. Since I've already mentioned it you should have some idea if it's your cup of tea. I should also be launching something else soon, but I'm not saying anything about that one.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
If you guys don't mind, I need a little character creation help. Often, when I'm making the appearance, it just feels like I'm listing off what the character's wearing and what they're build is, but in terms of substance (and I don't so much mean length but rather variation is sentence structure) it's pretty lacking. Here's an example (my most recent character):
Spoiler:

It's embarrassing how many times I say "She wears", "Rin wears", and "She has"; and even still, this is one of the better ones (which isn't saying much). It's not even so much that I have trouble thinking up what the character has to look like, that's the easy part; the problem is that I have trouble articulating those thoughts without it being repetitive or bland. You guys have any tips to help me out?

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years

Well maybe it wouldn't be so bad to post one of your own Red. Especially if you're attempting to bring back a certain RP if you catch my drift, eh, eh? *Nudge Nudge Wink Wink*

ytfeL

Glorious Strategist
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 25, 2012
Finally finished a rough draft of my intro, let me know what you guys think. My only concern with this is giving enough information so people know what is going on and can choose how/who they want to play, but not overloading players with too much info. I understand it can be daunting to learn the history of a universe in its entirety so any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated.​

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
GO JOIN PANDORA RIKA! /shot

as far as journey RPs are concenred...I got so much free time now, I'm thinking of making one. GMing a journey RP doesn't look all hard and stuff, plus...from what I've seen by experience, they are quite popular.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Machomuu: If you're anything like me, you'll just find a way to create a picture of your character. ;o

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I'm trying to improve my drawing, that way I can write and make accurate depictions, but...well, I can't. Literally can't, that is. I'm terrible with symmetry, and thus my characters come out looking bad. If there were a guide to healing crappy symmetry, my life would be complete. That said, I'd still have to learn how to draw well, but symmetry's always been my biggest obstacle.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Hello everyone, this is an announcement regarding the RPOs. We have decided to extend the deadline for posts until Sunday the 25th. This gives everyone an additional two days to complete and post in all of your events. Good luck to everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back