• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Yeah, it's been a while since I've seen the movie, but I'm pretty sure that is not in the final version of the film...maybe in some extended or unrated cut. If you do watch it I'd recommend that you watch the theatrical version first.

Also, if you haven't seen any of David Fincher's other films...go and watch those as well. He's definitely one of my favorite directors.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Last book I read was Divergent by Veronica Roth...pretty generic YA Sci Fi/Fantasy but it was pretty interesting...I'll read anything if it is set in a dystopian future. XD

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Fight Club is one of my top favorite movies. Everything about it is fantastic. :3

So the question is... who's tryna fight

Fight club is a fantastic movie. Brad Pitt > All
I'll fight O.o

And the title of this thread made me lmfao. xD

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
I feel as though the topic of Fight Club is a bit of a dead end... You can't really talk about it without ruining the plot (or breaking the first rule...)

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
So want to know what's funny? We were talking about Fight Club in this thread all day yesterday. Guess what movie was on last night when I was trying to find something to watch? lol

droomph

weeb
Years
Um fight club? Always seemed pretty boring IMO. Much rather see something funny than...fight clubby. Or maybe epic and emotional, but fight club is just...eh

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I thought FC was supposed to be emotionally deep.

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
Fight Club isn't really that emotionally deep as much as it is just written and told very, very well. There isn't much "character attachment", you could say. But there's definitely something about it that's just :O

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Fight Club is one of my favourite, if not my actual favourite, films of all time. I think that says something about me though. ):

Years
Anyone who liked Fight Club should also watch Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Se7en, or Memento. This is what my movie buff friend tells me.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
My movie buff friends just yell at me for not having seen most movies. :( I need to get better movie buff friends.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Anyone who liked Fight Club should also watch Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Se7en, or Memento. This is what my movie buff friend tells me.
Out of those three, I like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang the most with ease. It's funny, snappily edited, with a great story and 'comeback' performance from Robert Downey Jr. I believe it was his role in this that got him selected for Iron Man, but I could be wrong... Memento I like, but it's a very cold and clinical film. People who like big swathes of emotion may not get as much enjoyment out of it as other people. Se7en I haven't seen, but its similarities to Fight Club are really profund: it's a dark drama with a 'twist', directed by David Fincher and very stylised in its look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back